Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:29:59 PM EDT
Don't need much of a sub, and don't have room anyway.  Looking for a 6.5 inch subwoofer.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
consider a JL audio stealthbox...
they make them for most trucks and cars...
10" or 12" subwoofer, and it's designed to blend right in with the interior of your vehicle..won't even know it's there if you aren't looking for it.

Big sound, small package.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Those look really cool, but trying to keep my costs down.  Just looking for a simple, little, 6.5 inch sub.  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
caraudio.com is going to be you best bet for info.  Not a lot of people make a 6.5 inch woofer.  If I were you I'd look into getting a trunk sub already packaged, amped, and ready to go.  Infinity makes a pretty good one...

Either way you go, you're probably much better off with an 8 inch woofer, you have ten times the selection and just about any box for any need.  For a simple 8-inch an Alpine Type-R, Infinity Kappa Perfect, or Adire Audiio Shiva will do you nicely at around $120-160 a sub.  Add a box and amp, and you're good to go!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Whoops, my bad, I meant to say 10-inch woofer.  There are a few 8-inchers out there but a 10 is your best bet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
need a relatively shallow sub, since I'm trying to fit it in a very shallow spot.

vmax84
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I think if you want to stay small and still have sub range go 8".
They actually sound pretty good.
Go name brand. JBL, JL, Kicker are good choices.
Avoid Wal-mart brands.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The mod of the cars & bikes forum has his own shop, you might want to try there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Avoid Wal-mart brands.

Walmart brands as in Chinese brands?

vmax84
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
consider a JL audio stealthbox...
they make them for most trucks and cars...
10" or 12" subwoofer, and it's designed to blend right in with the interior of your vehicle..won't even know it's there if you aren't looking for it.

Big sound, small package.

+1
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Walmart brands as in Chinese brands?

vmax84

Roadmaster, Durabrand, Lightning Audio, Sony Explode.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Avoid Wal-mart brands.

RE makes a fucking awesome 8" sub.

And yeah, not many people make a dedicated 6.5" sub.  The best you could do in that category would be to buy some beefed up 6.5" mids.
RE, Elemental Designs (eD), Adire Audio...

www.reaudio.com/html/

Actually, here ya go.  edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=15&pid=32&cur=USD

Perfect.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I NEVER would have posted a suggestion like this just a few years ago, but here goes. Sirius )as in satellite radio) has an 8" powered sub that you can get from Crutchfield for $99. I put one in my new Pathfinder about a month ago and have been very pleased. It is not a top tier sub by any means, but for a little extra oomph it does well.

Years ago if it was under 10" and didn't say JL, Kicker, Kenwood, Orion, Alpine, I wouldn't touch it. Nowadays, this little 8" is doing what I need.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone make one that will fit under the back seat of a Dodge Ram club cab? I've got a Pioneer receiver that should be able to push it without an amp. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a slim 2x10" cabinet in the cab of my minitruck behind the seat. Seems to work okay. Also have Dynaudio mids and tweets. Of course, the road noise is so loud I might as well have K-Mart 6x9s, because I can't tell the difference over 35 mph.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top