Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2001 6:27:39 PM EDT
Texas is rated a C by the anti's
Gotta love Vermont though with their F- for their CCW laws.

Check it out [url]http://www.bradycampaign.org/press/release.asp?Record=99[/url]

Oh and for those of you that think CA does not have CCW, think again.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Washington Failed, I fear for my life now because now I know that there are gun toting, law abiding citizens walking around armed to the teeth with a semi-auto, high capacity,  loaded with thug killing bullets, oh the horror, the horror.

Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Washington F
no law enforcement discretion
no safety training required
requires background check

I love my home state. For as many liberals as we have it is amazing that Washington is as gun friendly as it is.

Kyle
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For as many liberals as we have it is amazing that Washington is as gun friendly as it is.

Kyle
View Quote

That's cause they are all just living in Seattle drinking coffee and listening to grunge music. The rest of the state is living in reality [:)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
This is kind of dated...  Still shows how they must deal in lies, lies, lies.  In my state, it says that there is no background check... HUH?  Gee, I remember getting fingerprinted, paying for and getting a reciept for the extensive background check.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Maryland got a B.  My state sucks.  I asummed to get an A you needed to require training as well as have all the other restrictions Maryland placed on CCWs.  But after reading the rest, I discovered that only states that have no CCW for anyone ever period received their 'A' grade.  I think that shows their true colors right there.  In their view, a well trained individual, who goes through a background check, is restricted to carrying only during certain times/locations, and has to have a "may issue" reason submitted to the govt for approval should not be able to carry a gun?!?!?!?!

That means in their view cops shouldn't be allowed to carry firearms while on duty.

Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#7]
damn, i live in a B state. that leaves a nasty taste im my mouth.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hahahaha!

Indiana got an "F"!!!! WE KICK ASS! [}:D]

[uzi][peep]  [50][marines]

Tyler
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]
South Carolina got a D+.  That was in Dec 1997.  Now that we have a new Demo-rat governor and a state police that ignore the shall-issue CCW laws, they'd probably give us a B.z
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
And of course, NJ has an A-, explaining our extremely low crime rate.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Virginia is KICKING BUTT with a D-.

No law enforcement discretion, if you have a clean record its a shall issue state.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Bite me Sarah Brady.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#14]
What the hell is a "minimal backround check"???
Do they just look at the wall behind you?? Or look to see if you have any disqualifying charges in the last day???
Boy are these people warped!!!
(They forgot to mention that in NC, military non residents can get CCW, as I'm sure it is in most CCW friendly states!!)

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
LMAO!!!

How dumb do some people have to be to not realize what you just pointed out.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Sheesh, it's a 1997 report.  No wonder it's a little bit off.

Utah - we got a d-  woohoo.  Now all we need to do to get an F is drop the licensing requirements for CCW and be just like vermont.  Actually, I think we should go for the gold and attempt to get an F---- by droping the ccw requirements AND voiding the 1934 NFA laws. [;)]

[uzi]

- CD
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I have figured it out:

A -- No CCW
A-, B+, or B -- Near Impossible To Get CCW
B-, C -- Restrictive CCW
D+, -- Shall Issue With Background Check and Training
D- -- Shall Issue Without Extensive Training
F -- Shall Issue Means Shall Issue
F- -- No License Required

I checked out their Congressional Feature. Makes mw feel good to know that the two people who will decide (assuming Republican maintain the Majority in 2002) whether or not to even hear Gun Control have a straight Red Mark right across the board. Dennis Hastert and Tom DeLay have voted 100% against the HCI position.

Unfortunately, Jeff Miller hasn't been around long enough to have a mark. But, I did get a response from his (RE: Several Letters Regarding Pro and Anti Gun Legislation) office saying he supported the 2nd fully. It even stated our position that criminals will not follow the law.

Unfortunately, the area I grew up in (Deutsch/Wexler) has the shittiest Congressmen around. They voted straight across the board whatever their HCI masters told them to.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#19]
ILLINOIS SUCKS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Norm:
This face makes me feel very safe and secure!

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/demotrash.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#21]

goddamn wisconsin.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#22]
F for Pennsylvania. All right
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I get the feeling these people would rather have a state with an A rating and a soaring murder rate, rather than a state with a F rating and a sharply declining murder rate.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

... must answer why their crime rate is so high.
[/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

... must answer why their crime rate is so high.
[/sarcasm]
View Quote

That and its to freaking cold up there for the most part of the year to come out and do any harm to someone else. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I am sure Ohio will plummet to an 'F' as soon as the ban gets tossed and we have Vermont style.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#27]
WA might have got an F for CCW but we can't have any class III weapons [:(!], and God for bid any auto knives. We can get suppresors but it's illegal to use them in the state, figure that one out.[>:/]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I hate those bastards!

-Data collection. Small bonuses are awarded to states that collect and make available data on crimes and unintentional shootings by CCW licensees, as well as demographic information.
View Quote

WTF?  A lollipop?  They can stick it up their A$$!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Based in Washington, D.C., HCI works with law enforcement, public health, religious, and community groups across the country to strengthen and protect federal, state and local gun control laws, but does not seek to ban all guns.
View Quote

What guns do you seek to ban?  Why do we have pukes like this on our planet?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I give the anti's an "F" for a big FVCK YOU![-!-!-]  And I hope some of you panty wetter's are reading this too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#31]
... go to the HCI website and donate cash.

I'm serious.

Pull out your Visa card and donate [b][u]one cent[/u][/b].

Make 'em basturds work for it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top