Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 6:58:36 PM EDT
These beheading have really gotten to me.  I find myself feeling physically ill at the thought of what happened to Mr. Armstrong today and the others before him.  I was hoping that the ladies could share a respectful moment of silence for the families of these men.  They remain in my prayers.  

Am I too sensitive about this?  How have you reacted?

** Please, no "Kill 'em all" nonsense in this thread.  This is about the victims and their families.  Keep it respectful.  

Edit: this is cat_aclym, not geekdude.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]

i live in the same township as matt maupin, the soldier captured back in april--there are yellow ribbons everywhere and the community still waits for definite word of his status

link to last story

even though i have only lived here three months, it makes it very real to me--and very sad  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
God bless them and their families.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I am still in shock about it all, then to go on mothering and have people saying that WE bear the responsibility for this man's beheading.... well, I have a headache and need to go to bed.

Oh, I also pointed out that they killed him because of his skin color (which is the reason tehy recognized him as being different), and they are trying to insinuate that *I* am racist!  WTF?  I'm not the one who is killing everyone who is different than me.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
My sympathies and prayers go out for this man and his family and friends. May he rest in peace.
Unfortunately this is the one way the terrorist think that they can get to us. They had success with other countries pulling out their troops. This would have happened even if we had given into their demands. The United States has always had a strong stand that we do not negotiate with terrorists. It is sad to think that these people hate us so much for the freedoms that we have and that we are trying to help them rebuild their country,but can not see the good that we are trying to do for the blind hate that they have for us. And yes it makes me look at any muslim with a different perspective,until they come out condemning any or all of this I do have a problem with them. I have a friend who is a contractor over their and everyday I pray that he is allright,but they also know the risks involved when they take the jobs. Keep in mind I am ex-military so my ideas of what should be done are not the norm.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
MrsWildweasel I know exactly what you are saying and how your feeling. Hubby being former Marine having served in desert storm, I get to hear it from him. Sometimes I even cry for him for the ways he thinks, but I haven't been there so I don't understand it.
I am in such a state of shock over Mr Armstrong and the others that have been murdered in such a horrific way.  My sympathies go out to all the families who have lost loved ones.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#6]
What gets me is how some can twist compassion for Mr. Armstrong into lack of compassion for all those affected by the tragety of war.  To insinuate that bringing the war to our own homes will "rid us of our lust for war".  WTF???? Who lusts for war?  That site is polluted.  I don't want to associate with it any more.  They think the people who killed Mr. Armstrong are poor Iraqi citizens responding to the tragety of war.  That the beheading is some how justified.  

Poor Mr. Armstrong.  Can't even get sympathy from his own countrymen and women....

Rest in Peace, sir.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Call me a heartless bastard but you got to know you are getting into the shit if the only insurance company that will write you a policy is Lloyds of London.  

Now if a guy got his head whacked off in Houston Texas I would feel bad.  In that part of the world it is normal.  Granted we are working to change that but it’s a Sit hole country so you got to expect it.  don’t’ get angry or sad.  It’s the price of doing business.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thoughts and Prayers for Mr.Armstrong and his family.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I am basically angry and I really think we need to be alot tougher and not worry so much about being PC and what the rest of the world is going to think of us. If we took a tougher stance and really went after some of the terrorist and their strongholds they might think twice,but unfortunately most sheeple in our country would not tolerate us doing some of the things we should be doing and they forget that it is war and that these people want all of us dead at whatever cost.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am basically angry and I really think we need to be alot tougher and not worry so much about being PC and what the rest of the world is going to think of us. If we took a tougher stance and really went after some of the terrorist and their strongholds they might think twice,but unfortunately most sheeple in our country would not tolerate us doing some of the things we should be doing and they forget that it is war and that these people want all of us dead at whatever cost.

I tried to remind some people of this fact, but they wanted to attack me and defend the terrorists.    Oh well.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Unfortunately there are too many people that are like that,and until it hits them square in the face and happens to someone they know or love then their views are not going to change. I really do not understand how anyone can defend the terrorists for actions such as these.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#12]
There has been yet another beheading of an American hostage.    I am disgusted and outraged.  It seems taht the liberals, for all their talk of compassion, are more concerned with blaming the US and pitying the terrorists than offering condolences or compassion to the families of the victims.    I don't think I can take much more right now.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish they'd quit saying beheading.  When I think of beheading I think swift and clean.  Not the barbaric thing these people did.  All beheadings are ugly, but they have found the ugliest possible way to do it.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#16]
My heart goes out to all of the people who have been beheaded and the fear they felt in their final days. This also goes for the people that love them. I do not feel that it is the U.S. that should be blamed. We have not beheaded anyone. The blame should be placed on the terrorists (extremists or whatever we should call them). I agree that they were killed due to their skin color. This is unacceptable. White, Black, Brown, or Orange, skin color does not justify murder.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#17]
My prayers go out to the families of these two men.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Im sorry, but this aint the most sympathetic points of veiws on it. My uncle is in Bagdad right now as a DoD civilian. He told me in an email that those three guys were living in regular old Iraqi housing, were warned they were under survialence and told to move onto coalation base and refused. The fact that they were taken without a struggle sounds to me like no one was armed. Im sorry, but it sounds like he died for being an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#19]
It saddens me that anyone would want to kill anybody for any reason.  It is  beyond me as to why they feel the need to take someone's life.  But it happens... may they rest in peace.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top