Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 12:34:09 PM EDT

https://youtu.be/4Moyyod2qxI

Underwood loaded 9mm Lehigh 90 gr Extreme Defender and Velocity Tactics 80 gr Fort Scott solid copper projectiles fired from Glock 22 with Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel into an old Gall's Lite level IIA vest backed by clay.

Underwood/Lehigh Extreme Defender:

Velocity Tactics Ft Scott solid copper bullet:

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
only if shot out a 300 BLK.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
once got a screwdriver to go supersonic and embed itself in a concrete wall.

it involved an electro-magnet with a rectangular channel through the middle of it, controlled by a PDP-11 computer.

with a little effort, we figured out how to pulse the magnet to launch the screw drive through the channel.

however, we ignored the fact that the wall was less than 10ft past the magnet.

we probably could have been killed.

college. the good old days.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
An awl or icepick would do it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Penetrate, yes.  Expand?  doubtful.  That clay shows the temporary cavity only.  That's just my analysis.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Klein demolition driver, and something from the drawer of Jeremy

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
only if shot out a 300 BLK.
View Quote

Lol. What you did there...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

it involved an electro-magnet with a rectangular channel through the middle of it, controlled by a PDP-11 computer.

with a little effort, we figured out how to pulse the magnet to launch the screw drive through the channel.

View Quote

That's awesome!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Penetrate, yes.  Expand?  doubtful.  That clay shows the temporary cavity only.  That's just my analysis.
View Quote

I actually commented on that in the video, but wind noise made that section unusable. Clay is used to measure back face signature on the event the bullet does not perforate the armor. It grossly exaggerates the terminal effect, but it looks stupid cool.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a fun time at college!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm just here for the Amy Winehouse. ..

Tag to watch when I get home.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#11]
These types of bullets are certainly interesting. Decent wound cavity, simple construction, respond well to barriers, and punch soft armor. I'll be keeping my eye on them.

Still sticking with gold dots though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These types of bullets are certainly interesting. Decent wound cavity, simple construction, respond well to barriers, and punch soft armor. I'll be keeping my eye on them.

Still sticking with gold dots though.
View Quote

This is something that has caused me significant consternation. These Lehigh bullets do not produce a wound cavity any different than similar FMJ bullets. Unfortunately, some YouTube personalities have started this myth, which Lehigh then ran with. I don't know if it is because they don't understand how to interpret gel results or if it is because they intentionally misled people to help Lehigh sell ammo, but in any case, the belief is absolutely incorrect. Lehigh's "extreme" series is utter bullshit. Same goes for ARX or anything else that claims to convert rotational energy into wounding because magical faerie farts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#13]
We have shot 38 Super 124Gr IPSC loads through IIA with no problem.

The 7.62x25 zipped right through.

357 Sig will do the same with just about any bullet.

With IIA it's strictly about the impact velocity.

That's why I use Point Blank Vision IIIA with ThorShield.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Seems like a simple variation of the concave ogive bullet geometry in order to feed better.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#15]
How do you like that bracelet?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Love it. It's stainless so the tools aren't very hard and they can be awkward to use, but having the right size driver all the time is awesome. Like a pocket pistol, it's not the tool you would choose if you knew you were going to need it, but it's real handy to have just in case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top