Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 9:41:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 9:42:17 AM EDT by p712k]
I know that interstate sales of firearms requires an FFL to handle the transfer, what about a transfer (shipped) inside the SAME state. Does it have to be shipped to an FFL?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:42:32 AM EDT
There is no federal law agenst it. But check your state laws.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:43:52 AM EDT
Does anyone know if there are any state laws about this in Florida?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:46:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 9:46:41 AM EDT by PBIR]

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922(a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

+1 on checking your state laws
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 9:49:31 AM EDT by Mauser101]

Originally Posted By p712k:
Does anyone know if there are any state laws about this in Florida?

Check, www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=FL.

I don't see anything there that says you need to for private party transfers through mail, in person or otherwise.
Top Top