Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:52:59 PM EDT
I have been sick the last 2 weeks.

The first week it was so bad my commander put me off duty.

This past week has been recovery.

But now...

My mouth feels funny and I scrubbed white skin off my tounge this morning with my tooth brush and it feels raw! WTF!

Do I have Hall's burn? I have been eating halls to keep from coughing. I did take a Zpack 7 days ago.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Now is the perfect time to eat something really spicy.

Oddly I am eating nachos!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably Thrush--Candida albicans

I am going to guess you were on antibiotics--knocks our normal bacterial flora and allows yeast to proliferate. If not, reconsider my diagnosis but might still be thrush.

Are you done with those. Might go away on it's own but you might require Rx with antifungals.

Get a new toothbrush and you may need to repeat that

You could also try some live culture yogurt to restore normal flora, in the event you do not want to take other meds. It's an option.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I had Thrush once after a long course of antibiotics.  Sounds like what you described.   No fun at all.  

Of course, it might be hoof and mouth disease.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
it's the CLAP!!!  thats what you get for buying those $10 hookers.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I am going to guess you were on antibiotics--knocks our normal bacterial flora and allows yeast to proliferate. If not, reconsider my diagnosis but might still be thrush.

Are you done with those. Might go away on it's own but you might require Rx with antifungals.

You could also try some live culture yogurt to restore normal flora, in the event you do not want to take other meds. It's an option.

PFFFT......thrush crush lush.......wtf??

You know he is dead and we are going to need to divide his guns!

Yogurt, smogurt........he needs massive doses of  chemo.(Gallons)

I am just kidding.......except about the guns!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PFFFT......thrush crush lush.......wtf??

You know he is dead and we are going to need to divide his guns!

Yogurt, smogurt........he needs massive doses of  chemo.(Gallons)

I am just kidding.......except about the guns!

Hey, I get first choice, dammit!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm doing the yogurt thing. How long do I need to keep my mouth full of yogurt tho? My nose is getting stuffy again. You can fit 9 spoons of yogurt in your mouth!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1

Is your mouth white in color?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Dude, if you met her at the corner of 24th Street and McDowel you shouldn't eat that pie.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#12]
A little swish and swallow and you should be good as new.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A little swish and swallow and you should be good as new.

That's what I told her.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Dude, if you met her at the corner of 24th Street and McDowel you shouldn't eat that pie.

i think he may have forgotten his tongue condom.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm doing the yogurt thing. How long do I need to keep my mouth full of yogurt tho? My nose is getting stuffy again. You can fit 9 spoons of yogurt in your mouth!

A six pack at a time, for 30 minutes, 6 times daily.
J/K!

Just eat the stuf about 4 times daily. Hopefully you will do okay.

What did you have?
What did you take?
Are you dehydrated?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a sinus and lung infection.

I took zithromax, the burst thing. 2 doses at once, then 1 pill each day for 4 more days. Keeps working for 5 more days after that.

I am currently hydrating with Budwieser.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I had a sinus and lung infection.

I took zithromax, the burst thing. 2 doses at once, then 1 pill each day for 4 more days. Keeps working for 5 more days after that.

I am currently hydrating with Budwieser.

Just in case you're serious about the beer, knock it off!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top