Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/13/2002 3:48:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:01:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/13/2002 4:08:20 AM EST by Oslow]
I'm not from Kali, but the answer to your question is "YES". [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=110960[/url]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:01:47 AM EST
moving to California? is he nuts?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:22:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/14/2002 6:24:51 AM EST by California_Kid]
There is no law against OWNING or USING the high-capacity (more than 10 round) magazines, but it would be illegal to bring them into Californistan. Of course I would NEVER encourage anyone to violate the law, but if someone from out of state mailed them to you the likelihood of you getting busted for importing the mags would be very very small. As long as they don't have some kind of marking that established their date of manufacture as after 12/31/99 it would be very difficult to prove that they entered the state illegally. It's also legal to import magazine repair parts, as long as any particular repair kit you bring in doesn't contain all of the parts needed to create a complete magazine. I have in fact had people mail me 30-round USGI M16 magazine bodies and floor plates. Spring and follower kits are widely available by mail order as well. But I wouldn't dream of getting all of the parts separately and putting them together into complete magazines. That would be illegal. There is a required registration for bringing a personal handgun into the state. It's a simple form that must be completed and mailed to the Caliban Department of Justice within 60 days of importing the gun. I strongly recommend that your brother comply with that one, as failure to do so is a very serious crime. You'll just adore the illustration on the DoJ's newest version of this page: Please see: [url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/ab991.htm[/url] Edited to add: BTW Caliban-approved 10-round magazines for that gun are widely available here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:59:32 PM EST
(B) Paragraphs (2) and (3) shall not apply to a person who reports his or her ownership of a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person after the applicable grace period specified in paragraph (2) or (3) expires if evidence of that violation arises only as the result of the person submitting the report described in paragraph (2) or (3). So does this mean that even if someone registers their handgun after 60 the day limit they are still OK?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:14:25 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:16:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By Vulch: (B) Paragraphs (2) and (3) shall not apply to a person who reports his or her ownership of a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person after the applicable grace period specified in paragraph (2) or (3) expires if evidence of that violation arises only as the result of the person submitting the report described in paragraph (2) or (3). So does this mean that even if someone registers their handgun after 60 the day limit they are still OK?
View Quote
Your guess is as good as mine. Caliban gun laws are all written by people who don't know jack about the subject. Best bet is to do your best to comply, and don't attract attention to yourself by doing something stupid like shooting in a posted area.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:21:08 AM EST
Top Top