Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2001 4:12:02 PM EDT
 Any California hunters in here? Where do you hunt , what game and do you lease or go on public land?

Rob
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I hunt mostly upland birds and once in a while deer. I also do some squirrel. I would like to hunt pigs sometime soon.
I hunt mostly on public lands, forest, BLM, and DWP.
Scratch
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the deer hunting? I would love to hunt hogs i too hear it is a blast!!

Rob
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Mostly shoot squirrels on family farm in north San Diego County with my 10/22. Have also done it with a .410, a 12-gauge double and a S&W K-22. Not that much of a hunter--mostly a varmint-control enthusiast. Hope to go to Montana or somewhere one day to shoot prairie dogs with the ol' 20-inch Match Target. [heavy]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Use to hunt with my bro up near the Tahoe area for deer. Did both bow hunting and rifle. Last time I shot a buck was when I was 19yo, many moons ago. A nice 8pointer. The head is now mounted in my brothers living room along with a pic of me after the kill mounted underneath it. When I get my own house I will take possesion of it then.

Use to go pig hunting up near the Monterey area as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 Any California hunters in here? Where do you hunt
View Quote

Michigan.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#7]
In Fl. Takes good eyesight though, some of them arent bigger than a large dog. those are the ones when shooting good really counts[rocket]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#8]
How about a good area nea Camp P, down south? My kid is a Marine & stationed there. Thanks.
GCF
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Lots of pig hunting by Coalinga , no canned hunts. Nost of the time on private land , just ask the local farmers.

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#10]
GCF; Pendleton has good deer hunting available only to Marines.  Have him check out: [url]www.dfg.ca.gov/[/url] and also go to: [url]www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/biggame/Page10-14.pdf[/url]Hunt G10 is an either-sex hunt from October to December in Camp Pendleton.

Red Man;  I tried getting on private land around Coalinga and my experience was that they all have agreements with guides.  The guides pay to hunt there and pay for the ranchers to not let people hunt there without the guides.  My friend and I drove all over Hell's half acre looking for permission.  We offered money, the whole bit, but no go.  Do you know where maybe we could find some access?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I am anxiously awaiting the start of biped season.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I hunted California once. I saw a shapely doe off in the distance and tried to call it in with a mating call. "Hey you gorgeous creature you!" I shouted. "Barf me out man! Gag me with a spoon!" was her reply. She moved farther away from me, disappearing over a rise, and I had to go home empty handed. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top