Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/19/2019 12:49:21 PM EDT
There are at least three types of Drivers licenses in California.

Valid unexpired licenses that predate the Real ID act.
Valid unexpired licenses issued after the Real ID act took effect, but before California started issuing REAL IDs.
Real ID Act compliant licenses.

CAL-DOJ has submitted emergency regulations, effective July 1, 2019 that all Firearm and Ammunition purchases will require the purchaser have a "Real ID" license or ID card.

ETA: there’s been some backpedaling by DOJ and now it appears the only licenses they will not accept are the ones marked federal limits apply.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
This will go over really well in court.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Weird how you can't place an undue burden of requiring ID for someone to exercise their right to vote but you can to exercise their right to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m waiting on the ATF to mandate the same.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Which ones are good for voting in CA?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The constitution is just a suggestion now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
So illegals aliens can not buy ammo now?  That is racist.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weird how you can't place an undue burden of requiring ID for someone to exercise their right to vote but you can to exercise their right to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

Just sayin'
View Quote
^^^^^
Dems would never win another election if voters were ID'd. And in turn, republicans would be pissed because they'd have no one to pretend to stop the shit they push.
If repubs came out tomorrow and said they hated guns, and all should be banned, the Dems would be fighting to keep them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So illegals aliens can not buy ammo now?  That is racist.
View Quote
LOL I doubt they're even ID'd when they buy it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Valid unexpired licenses issued after the Real ID act took effect, but before California started issuing REAL IDs.

CAL-DOJ has submitted emergency regulations, effective July 1, 2019 that all Firearm and Ammunition purchases will require the purchaser have a "Real ID" license or ID card.

My pre-REAL ID license doesn't expired until January 2021. No more guns or ammo for me.
View Quote
but illegals can still get a Driver's License, right?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL. my license will expire before any court overturns this.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
all and or none.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

but illegals can still get a Driver's License, right?
View Quote
yes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Stop with the nilly willy bullshit, and just go for the all out ban, lets get this party started, and take back commifornia!
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Do they require REAL ID to vote?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]
While I disagree with what they are doing, why not go get a RealID compliant DL?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#16]
What about all the blacks?  Every one knows they are unable to get a gov issued ID, right?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
No id  required to vote.

Which is bullshit!
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What about all the blacks?  Every one knows they are unable to get a gov issued ID, right?
View Quote
It's because they don't show up in the photos.

Don't ban me!
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
While I disagree with what they are doing, why not go get a RealID compliant DL?
View Quote
Because some people have a problem with the idea that citizens of a country need a special I.D to exercise an enumerated constitutional right, while the same government that would tell them that also says that those were breaking the law just by being here don't need a special ID in order to help usurp law through illegal voting?  I'm just spitballing here.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I suspect that they realized they created a " loophole" that would allow illegals to purchase ammo, thereby setting themselves up for more embarrassment when an illegal kills a soccer mom.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My pre-REAL ID license doesn't expired until January 2021. No more guns or ammo for me.
View Quote

I got my real ID with 6 years left on my license in NC.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

I hope judge upholds CA’s new rule change and that judge attaches a ruling that ONLY Real ID licenses are valid for voting too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
It isnt that people dont want the real ID, it is going to be required for flying and shit after all.

It is that California has dragged it's feet and fucked upnthe roll out of a real ID compliant ID.

Many people tried to get them and wound up being screwed by not having the required documents or having to jump through a ton of hoops.   And yet Ca sometimes still fucked it up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There's a long waiting period - months long - to get an appointment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a long waiting period - months long - to get an appointment.
That's stupid. I got mine in about fifteen minutes at the DMV.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

^^^^^
Dems would never win another election if voters were ID'd. And in turn, republicans would be pissed because they'd have no one to pretend to stop the shit they push.
If repubs came out tomorrow and said they hated guns, and all should be banned, the Dems would be fighting to keep them.
View Quote
The progressive elite in both parties would join hands and sing kumbaya while voting to remove our rights in fractions of a second after the winning vote from the GOP slid over the line.

For progressives, permanent power trumps temporary power.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
No ID required to vote.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Daily reminder that there is no rule of law. Act accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Appointments are about 90-days out and even with an appointment you're looking at spending half the day in line, retaking the written test, paying $35.00.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I got my real ID with 6 years left on my license in NC.
View Quote
Yeah, if i still lived in Michigan i could walk into the Secretary of State in my small town, wait in line behind a couple people and have a Real ID in an hour.

In California the DMV lines go outside the building and around the block.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Do people who believe in conservative values, really believe their vote has any value in California? So why bother voting? With all the illegals who vote and the other liberals voters it will never change. At least in anyone’s life time, that is alive today.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Last time I went, there were at least a handful of people at the DMV who were missing a required form during their DL renewal and just settled for the drivers licenses for illegals. When you wake up at 6 to wait outside the DMV until 8 am, you don't feel like doing it again the next day.

Eta: I got a notice in the mail a few weeks ago saying I didn't provide all the necessary forms, and that my realid would be revoked if I didn't sign their piece of paper and send it back in. It's a big joke.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
^^^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'
^^^^^
ID is required in Va and has been for as long as I can remember. We have been getting our asses stomped for at least 10 years, with the death blow coming this November.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Real voter ID?

Just sayin...
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ca dmv is as close to purgatory on earth as you can get.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#36]
On the plus side, illegal aliens can't get Real IDs so that should effectively ban them from buying ammo at any stores in CA
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Good thing i ordered a passport card, i can use that until i get a real id in a few years.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

all and or none.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link to CA-DOJ stating this?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ID is required in Va and has been for as long as I can remember. We have been getting our asses stomped for at least 10 years, with the death blow coming this November.
View Quote
Well other states did not have the deck stacked against them like W did to Virginia.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#41]
How many pro-2nd Amend groups are standing by with Federal lawsuits?  You know if it was a loosening of gun regs, a dozen Leftist groups would have had suits pre-written
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Got mine a few months ago.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because tomorrow there will be yet another hoop to 'why not just do __________ that they are requiring'.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Just sayin'
View Quote
Case law exists. No-one in California will file suit because... reasons?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is my prediction as well, California really fucked up on this one. If I didn't get a realID, I would be livid right about now.

So glad I'm putting this state in my rearview soon.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Came to post this!
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#47]
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/06/18/california-gun-ownershave-to-jump-through-hoops-because-the-state-gave-ids-to-ill-n2548538

The California Department of Justice on Monday filed an "emergency regulations" proposal. If adopted, Californians would be required to have REAL IDs to purchase firearms and ammunition beginning on July 1. The proposal is being made despite the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives previously saying Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) could continue to non-federally compliant driver's licenses and identification cards.

If a person doesn't have a REAL ID, buyers are required to provide documentation, in conjunction with their non-REAL ID, showing they're legal citizens and are allowed to possess a firearm.

Acceptable forms of documentation include:

(1) Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card.

(2) Certified copy of U.S. birth certificate.

(3) U.S. Certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen.

(4) Valid, unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. immigrant visa and approved Record of Arrival/Departure (I-94) form.

(5) Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory.

(6) Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship.

(7) Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card.

If a person's name is different between the driver's license and the documentation they provides, the applicant has to prove there was a name change.

Acceptable documents include:

(1) An adoption document that contains the legal name of the applicant as a result of the adoption.

(2) A name change document that contains the applicant’s legal name both before and, as a result of, the name change.

(3) A marriage certificate.

(4) A dissolution of marriage document that contains the legal name of the applicant as a result of the court action.

(5) A certificate, declaration or registration document verifying the formation of a domestic partnership.

(6) A dissolution of domestic partnership document that contains the legal name of the applicant as a result of the court action.

Because the California DOJ filed this under an "emergency regulation," the public participation process is limited to five days.

When a person gets a driver's license or ID card, their identity is supposed to be verified. That's why it's been an acceptable form of identifying someone for so long. When someone applies for their license they have to take in a birth certificate, provide their fingerprint and verify their identity. California opened themselves up to a can of worms when they began issuing driver's licenses to illegal aliens. Now the state's IDs are no longer federally compliant.

The reason the IDs are no longer federally compliant is because of Assembly Bill 60, which gave driver's licenses to illegal aliens. In fact, the American Conservative Liberties Union of Northern California provided a guide for illegal aliens who have licenses under AB 60 because other states and federal jurisdictions don't recognize their ID as legitimate.

These are the documents that are acceptable for non-federally compliant IDs:

• Certifed [sic] copy of a U.S. Birth Certifcate  [sic] (issued by a city, county, or state vital statistics offce  [sic]).

• Valid/unexpired U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card.

• U.S. Certifcate [sic] of Birth Abroad or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen.

• Federal Proof of Indian Blood Degree (issued by U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs).

• Military Identifcation [sic] Card, Common Access Card (Active Military, Active Reserve, or Active Selected Reserve), or DD-214.

• American Indian Card.

• U.S. Citizen Identifcation [sic] Card.

• Certifcate [sic] of Naturalization or Certifcate [sic] of U.S. Citizenship.

• Northern Mariana Card.

Mexican Border Crossing Card with a valid I-94.

• Canadian birth certifcate. [sic]

• Valid/unexpired Permanent Resident Card/Resident Alien Card.

• Temporary Resident Identifcation [sic] Card.

• Nonresident Alien Canadian Border Crossing Card.

Valid/unexpired foreign passport with an approved Record of Arrival/Departure (I-94).

Gun owners are now having to jump through hoops, at the last minute, because California decided to meddle down the identification process and provide driver's licenses to anyone and everyone. Now California gun owners are being forced to get REAL IDs because the state wanted to treat everyone as a citizen.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Real ID is the "National ID Card" that we were told would never happen in this country.  Federally mandated style and information and a check against your SSAN (not to be used for ID).

Pennsylvania had a nice and easy to read format with fairly large type.  All the new licenses are hard to read and look like crap.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Came to post this!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Came to post this!
I don't think you need any ID to vote in CA
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Your not my supervisor

Real ID is gross

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top