Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/21/2001 10:07:23 AM EST
OK, I need to have my memory refreshed. And get the answer to me in Chi-bonics plz. If a fellow owned: 1) 1997 Post Ban purchase Colt Match "target" rifle with about 10 hi cap mags 2) A Browning Hi power purchased in 1994 with another 10 or so hi cap mags 3) A 1981 manufacture pump action shotgun with non-removable extended magazine 4) Ruger 10/22, 1988 manufacture with hi cap mags How many times would he have broken the law upon reaching the agricultural produce checkpoint in Northern Cal with the intention of living in Riverside? Thank you, The Coal Fungus
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:11:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/21/2001 10:13:14 AM EST by raf]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:16:18 AM EST
Jesus Maria, Who said anything about carrying the stuff on foot. I am using a pedicab to migrate down I-5. That's it, no people from the City on the Hill area allowed on this miserable thread. Isn't Connecticut going to annex you or something?
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:18:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:21:36 AM EST
@#*&ing Connecticut Clam Diggers... Some day I aspire to live in New Haven, or even better New London.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:23:28 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:35:57 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:06:04 PM EST
Holy Crow. Egad. Verflixt. I figured the AR was no good, but did not realize that the BHP is toast as well. Well, looks like I'll swap the AR for a friend's Guide Gun or steal back the 1903 if worst comes to worst. Maybe I can scrounge up a Daisy air pistol somewhere too. Thanks for the answer Paul-- definitely a step in the right direction! BTW, didn't you just move from beautiful Washington? What's the deal with transferring an out of state car into CA? Is it just a matter of paying big $$ for the smog inspection, or is it more hellish than that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:10:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:27:43 PM EST
Also dont get caught with those Hi-Caps if you plan on owning guns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:56:43 PM EST
The BHP is OK also. The DOJ safety check doesn't apply to private party handguns. Just to what dealers can bring in for resale. Private party transfers are also exempt.Under Calif law you have 60 days to register your handguns. You need "Report of Handgun Ownership" form---available at any dealer or cop shop. One form per gun---$14.00 per form. Enjoy your stay...
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:13:22 PM EST
From the Public FAQ: [url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/pubfaqs.htm#24[url] 23. I am moving into California and I own several handguns.Ê What are the new-resident registration requirements? You are considered to be a personal handgun importer as defined by California law.Ê You may bring all of your otherwise California-legal firearms with you, but you must report all of your handguns to the DOJ within 60 days as required.Ê You are not required to report rifles or shotguns.Ê You may not bring ammunition feeding devices with a capacity greater than ten rounds, machineguns, or assault weapons into California.Ê (PC sections 12001(n), 12072(f)(2))Ê
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:35:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/21/2001 3:32:27 PM EST by BKinzey]
To add to the confusion I also found this on the certified list page: "Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. This query will return handgun models that are currently certified for sale in California. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement." And this about moving into the state: "NEW CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS! Effective January 1, 1998. If you are a new California resident and you own a handgun, you must report it or dispose of it within 60 days. Effective January 1, 1998, any person who moves into California and who brings any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person is considered to be a "Personal Handgun Importer" and is required to do one of the following within 60 days: Complete and submit a Report of Handgun Ownership form along with $14.00 to the Department of Justice. A separate report form and $14.00 fee is required for each handgun reported. Report of Handgun Ownership forms can be obtained from California Department of Motor Vehicles' offices, licensed firearms dealers, local police and sheriff's departments, the California Department of Justice Firearms Division at (916) 227-3703, and from the Online Forms Page at this site. Sell or transfer the handgun(s) to a California licensed firearms dealer or to another individual using a California licensed firearms dealer to conduct the transaction. or Sell or transfer the handgun(s) to a California police or sheriff's department. Persons choosing this option should contact the law enforcement agency for instructions prior to transporting the handgun(s) to the agency. Any person transporting handguns in California is required under California law to transport those handguns unloaded and in a locked container other than the glove compartment or utility compartment of a vehicle. Please be aware that failure to comply with these mandated handgun requirements could result in criminal prosecution (Penal Code Section 12072(g))." I couldn't find specific information about "Personal Importers" and the above information seems to be about handguns brought in for sale. Here's the web site and you can email the DOJ directly. http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:21:19 PM EST
The shotgun is OK, the AR type rifle is definitely NOT. The Browning is questionable but I'm guessing it'd be OK since it's not being sold as a new handgun to an existing PRK resident. You'll have to find a way to shoot the HiPower and the 10/22 without mags, though, since no more hi-caps can be legally brought into California. 10rd mags are available for both.
Top Top