Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 12:32:31 PM EDT
My Buddy bought some .223 from the Wal-Mart in Milpitas the other day. He paid by check and showed his licsense. After the transaction was complete, the clerk was prompted by the register to put the licsense number in again.
Anyone hear of Wal-Mart keeping track of "who buys what and how many" for Wal-Mart's own purposes?
Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The number was most likely for the check, should it bounce.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I've had it happen to me. But the cashier had done the same thing on a previous shopping trip when I bought some wine. When I asked about it, she said that it was to have a verifiable record of their having checked my age. I think it's fair to assume that the same reasoning goes behind their ammunition sales.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I was a Wal-Mart Manager for the past 10 years (try not to hold this against me) they dont give a fuck just as long as they get there money the prompt was only for the check.

p.s. what the hell is he buying ammo at wal-mart for any way?

WAL-FART [-!-!-] [moon]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
He said that UMC .223 was under $4.00 a box.
Thanks for the responses.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well at least the California Wal-Marts are selling ammo again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top