User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:57:44 AM EDT
Anyone have one?  Any opinions?  

G23c
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Very good car!

They're really trying to do a good job on them. I know, I work there.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#2]
In my old job, I got cars and trucks to review from manufactuers. I had a CTS for about a week, and drove the crap out of it on the street and track. You can quickly get used to its limits, and it tells you when you're getting close to going over its capabilities. Great brakes.

My opinion: Pretty well built, and handles great for what it is, a sports sedan. If you like to drive fast, then the manual tranny is the way to go. Auto needs more power.  It needs to drop some weight to make it really competitive with some others.

I thought the interior was a little cramped.  The front console sticks too far into the cabin for my taste.  Quiet.  

I like it much more than the manual V6 Lincoln LS, but give me 330 or an M3 anyday.

If you have the $$, wait for the V8 version.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Just remember one thing, if you are spending money and buying foriegn made products, you are helping to outsource jobs. And eventually, it'll come back to bite you, the one that supported it.

I have a Catera. It's got the extra weight and it handles the curves like a champ. But I have to watch it in the snow. The car is definately not an SUV. Sports sedan, yup. SUV, not. Love my car though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just remember one thing, if you are spending money and buying foriegn made products, you are helping to outsource jobs. And eventually, it'll come back to bite you, the one that supported it.

I have a Catera. It's got the extra weight and it handles the curves like a champ. But I have to watch it in the snow. The car is definately not an SUV. Sports sedan, yup. SUV, not. Love my car though.

Cateras were foreign built.  They are actually an Opel Omega...made in Germany.  The engine was built by Vauxhall in England.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cateras were foreign built.  They are actually an Opel Omega...made in Germany.  The engine was built by Vauxhall in England.

Yeah, I know, I found that out after I bought it. I learned a big lesson after that. I bought it in 2001. The sales person told me they were made in NY and I believed him. I was pissed when I found out, but the large part of the money still goes to our retirement fund and back to the company. I won't do that again, but I still believe in my point. Buy American first! And I look to see where products are made, every time I pick one up now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine from work bought one for his mother. Its one of the nicest cars I have ever driven.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top