Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 10:40:59 AM EDT
I KNOW I HAVE SEEN TOPICS ON RESTORING A COLT CUTAWAY HERE BEFORE. I BELEIVE THEY MENTIONED AN INDIVIDUAL BACK EAST WHO IS THE GURU OF THE CUTAWAY RESTORATION. DOES ANYONE RECALL WHO HE IS? I BELEIVE HE CONVERTS 10/22 TO FULL AUTO AS WELL.
THANKS
MARC
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi Mark,

IMHO, the cut away is probably worth more if left as it is. Didn't they teach you that in TROLL SCHOOL?

Go and make your own .22 machine gun, then you can PLANT it on 'crime scene' when you turn-up no evidence of your own after you have demolished the residence and killed everyone on site.

Um, if your just a newbie, sorry, you will learn =)
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Marc,

Maybe you're thinking of John Norrell?

John Norrell - Norrell Manufacturing - Class 2
13529 Saddle Hill Dr.
Little Rock, AR 72212
Fax: (501) 225-7864E-mail [email protected]

More info is available at subguns.com
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and DA- is there something I missed here?

Perhaps the day I was late to class at ASSHOLE school?

[;D]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never missed a day of Asshole School...LOL

That is why I usually include an apology if I am grossly wrong in my reply.

I DID do a pre-apology to my reply IF it was an honest 'untrolling' question.

Look at it this way:

50 posts and already looking for someone who CONVERTS .22s into machine guns? Isn't it illegal to make NEW conversions?

Restoring a Colt cut away? You mean restoring a Demilled machine gun? One that was never registered NFA?

IS THERE SOMETHING I HAVE MISSED?

Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Look at it this way:

50 posts and already looking for someone who CONVERTS .22s into machine guns? Isn't it illegal to make NEW conversions?

Restoring a Colt cut away? You mean restoring a Demilled machine gun? One that was never registered NFA?

View Quote

Well, Norrel WAS well known for them back before it became illegal to do his conversion...apparently he had a drop-in trigger group for that allowed selct fire. As far as the cutaway conversion legality, I wouldn't know if that was legal or not.

A cutaway Colt is more than likely to be worth more in it's original, rare form though.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
......I BELEIVE THEY MENTIONED AN INDIVIDUAL BACK EAST....MARC
View Quote

Yep, I reckon it was a cracker.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#7]
If I remember that Norell .22 conversion correctly it was WAY cool! You pulled the trigger normally for regular operation and kind of pulled up on it for Rock and Roll. It was kind of like the select fire was determined by your finger position. I remember seeing it in a magazine back in the 70's
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

[flame mode on]
Your pre-apology after flaming him was like setting someone on fire then pissing on them to put it out.

Lighten up [size=5]ASS HOLE[/size=5]

View Quote

Yea there is...just because you have a few posts doesn't make you the keeper of the forums.

I noticed that your first post was only in May...That makes you a Newbie no-it-all Asshole in my book.
[/flame mode off]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Just recieved email from this guy.

Warning, either this guy is completely insane, or he is a REAL troll. By 'real', I mean REAL.

That email you sent to me, had I been BATF, would have been basis for an IMMEDIATE warrant and the subsequent search and seizure of pretty much every weapon you have at any place you might keep such things...Work, home, car, storage locker...You name it.

I was going to post your letter out of spite, but that would have been WAY below me, as you have incriminated yourself,[size=4][red] in writing[/size=4][/red], beyond anything a reasonable person would EVER do.

I won't even get into the threats that you have made against me.

I'm doing you one hell of a favor by NOT posting the letter in here. So go get back on your Lithium and have a nice day.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to see it- email it to me...

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]

IBTL!!!

Golly!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#12]
IBTL

oh suki now!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just recieved email from this guy.
View Quote

So what? I get emails all of the time. You aren't special.

Warning, either this guy is completely insane, or he is a REAL troll. By 'real', I mean REAL.
View Quote

So you are telling us that this guy is greenish colored with pointed ears? How old are you?

That email you sent to me, had I been BATF, would have been basis for an IMMEDIATE warrant and the subsequent search and seizure of pretty much every weapon you have at any place you might keep such things...Work, home, car, storage locker...You name it.
View Quote

How did you become and expert on the issuance of warrants? I'd like to take that class.

I was going to post your letter out of spite, but that would have been WAY below me, as you have incriminated yourself,[size=4][red] in writing[/size=4][/red], beyond anything a reasonable person would EVER do.
View Quote

Ever heard of lying? I can lie about robbing banks all day long and that doesn't make me a criminal. Do you take every complete strangers word at face value? I'm starting to doubt your warrant issuing expertise.

I won't even get into the threats that you have made against me.
View Quote

Scared of some guy behind a computer a trillion miles away?

I'm doing you one hell of a favor by NOT posting the letter in here. So go get back on your Lithium and have a nice day.
View Quote

Why don't you do the rest of us one hell of a favor and crawl back under the rock you came from....

Let's lock this baby up!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was going to post your letter out of spite, but that would have been WAY below me,
View Quote

Posting what you have already says you are a putz.  I think you don't have shit and are just blowing smoke.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#15]
IBTL (BTW... interesting email DA)
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#16]
OK this has come down the line of name calling and I believe the question was answered by DSCOTT and Juggernaut so I am locking it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top