Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2007 10:29:41 PM EDT
Post yours!

Here's what I wrote in the kit thread about my team deathmatch approach:

I like the suppressed AK for run and gun, but I've really found a deep appreciation for this kit lately:

MP-5 w/ Suppressor
USP w/ Suppressor
Smoke Grenade
Bandolier
UAV Jammer
Steady Aim

In more than a few cases, I've been able to break through the enemy lines to a stronghold position in the enemy hands, clear it before the occupants knew I was in there with them, then hold it against retaking until my team's Team Deathmatch spawn point shifted close enough that my teammates could take over. Akin to getting two rooks on the enemy's 7th rank.

The only thing to remember with that is to avoid engaging the enemy on the breakthrough attempt, since, as you'll never appear on their radar due to the jammer and suppressors, and as you can use the smoke to further disguise your approach where necessary, you can very easily slip past them unnoticed, avoiding a dangerous face to face firefight.

You also want to try to distance yourself from your own teammates, as they more than likely will appear on the enemy's radar, and if you're next to a bright red dot, you may as well be one yourself.

That strategy is fun on most maps, but utterly devastating on Backlot, Crash, Crossfire, Pipeline, Overgrown, and Strike, which are all characterized by the presence of important strongholds and multiple paths between them. Just select a good path, lay down smoke, and advance under cover of it to a concealed position on the enemy side; they'll never notice you.

Ambush is a great map once you recognize how important it is to keep your team in the center road, and to use smoke and suppressing fire from defilade on the road's sides (which are small berms) to repel concentrated enemy attacks up their narrow chokepoints. If your team moves too far off the center line, they risk losing it. More importantly, if they corner the enemy team and move too aggressively toward them, the spawn points shift and the enemy starts spawning behind them, with an open line to the center. So it's very important to chat to your team constantly and urge them to stay near the center when they get too far from it.

Bloc is a dreary and simplistic map, but you can have some fun times if you circle faster than or slower than your team, and thus get yourself in behind or in front of the enemy's own movement. A suppressed weapon and uav jammer in the narrow hallways in the two main buildings can make ambushes awesomely successful; just keep changing position in case the last guy you killed comes back and remembers where you were.

Bog, Countdown, Downpour, and District, don't do anything for me.

Shipment's hilarious, short, and great for points. Strategy need not apply, although god bless you if you have a kit set up with the three HE grenade perk and an LMG.

Showdown is a cool map once you realize how vital the corner staircases are. There are two of them, and they're never as far from you as you might think. Make a beeline for them, gain access to the upper floor, and figure out the enemy's most likely access point to it, which will usually be one of the side staircases. Cover that one and you can do some serious damage.

Vacant is an interesting map in a boxing match sort of way; it's an absolute close-in slugfest, and the advantage can go to the person who thinks faster and on their feet and more aggressively. Every trick, weapon, grenade, and perk can be used equally effectively if you're smart.
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
N00b taggage.

I don't know what map it was, but we played one yesterday that was about 10' x 10' with a bunch of shipping containers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
N00b taggage.

I don't know what map it was, but we played one yesterday that was about 10' x 10' with a bunch of shipping containers.

think that one is called downpour.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 4:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
That's Shipment, heh.  I can understand the complaints some people have about it, but I always find it hilarious in FFA with 32 players.  Just back up every time you spawn and hold down the fire key.

Team deathmatch is a little more boring in it, since you lose some of the zaniness, but it can still be funny.

In any event, it's usually really short.

Here's the list of maps and descriptions, courtesy of callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty_4:_Modern_Warfare :

There are 15 multiplayer maps confirmed for Call of Duty 4, the names and descriptions are listed below.

Ambush - Large desert town. Excels in CTF matches.
Backlot - Medium sized construction site. Good for Headquarters Gametype.
Bloc - A Large russian map with a courtyard status to fight around. Lots of sniping opportunity here.
Bog - Small desert bog. Open level, excellent for smaller groups.
Countdown - Open launch pad. Huge sight lines and dangerous maneuvering.
Crash - Downed Sea Knight in a desert town. Fantastic team games.
Crossfire - Small desert town. Intense interior fighting and strong firefights. Excellent sniping locations.
District - Large urban town with a market in the middle. Great for team games.
Downpour - Big rainy Russia farm. Excellent for Sabotage matches.
Overgrown - Large overgrown rural Russian area. Sniper ghillie suits make for good cover...
Pipeline - Russian train yard. Excellent free for all games.
Shipment - Tiny Cargo Container map. Very Small but good for Free-for-all matches. Crazy map where you WILL die after 2 seconds because of all the grenades. LMG recommended.
Showdown - Small desert arena. Great fast gameplay for small numbers of players.
Strike - Large urban desert town. Excellent team games.
Vacant - Deserted Russian office. Intense interior fighting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's Shipment, heh.  I can understand the complaints some people have about it, but I always find it hilarious in FFA with 32 players.  Just back up every time you spawn and hold down the fire key.

Team deathmatch is a little more boring in it, since you lose some of the zaniness, but it can still be funny.

In any event, it's usually really short.

Here's the list of maps and descriptions, courtesy of callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty_4:_Modern_Warfare :

There are 15 multiplayer maps confirmed for Call of Duty 4, the names and descriptions are listed below.

Ambush - Large desert town. Excels in CTF matches.
Backlot - Medium sized construction site. Good for Headquarters Gametype.
Bloc - A Large russian map with a courtyard status to fight around. Lots of sniping opportunity here.
Bog - Small desert bog. Open level, excellent for smaller groups.
Countdown - Open launch pad. Huge sight lines and dangerous maneuvering.
Crash - Downed Sea Knight in a desert town. Fantastic team games.
Crossfire - Small desert town. Intense interior fighting and strong firefights. Excellent sniping locations.
District - Large urban town with a market in the middle. Great for team games.
Downpour - Big rainy Russia farm. Excellent for Sabotage matches.
Overgrown - Large overgrown rural Russian area. Sniper ghillie suits make for good cover...
Pipeline - Russian train yard. Excellent free for all games.
Shipment - Tiny Cargo Container map. Very Small but good for Free-for-all matches. Crazy map where you WILL die after 2 seconds because of all the grenades. LMG recommended.
Showdown - Small desert arena. Great fast gameplay for small numbers of players.
Strike - Large urban desert town. Excellent team games.
Vacant - Deserted Russian office. Intense interior fighting.

We were playing HQ.  I don't think anyone actually took the HQ once.

Hold down the fire button?  More like start mashing the fire button.

Oh, and I hated all you assholes with Martyr nades...Now I've got them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Good info for us that still have more deaths than kills online.

But I am getting a little better. Have only played a total of 10 hours so far.

Link Posted: 11/20/2007 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had a great success using the M4 with silencer the USP with silencer, then equiping the UAV jammer and what ever else you want. You wont show on radar and when shooting you wont show. I call it my stealth loadout. I use a lot of smoke to.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes... On shipment, always choose a M249 and the "martyrdom" perk. You'll rank high every time.  

Spawn, get on the trigger, kill some folk, get killed, drop a nade that kills your killer, rinse, repeat.

Normally, in normal maps I try to  get to High ground, somehow, and give them some chocolate rain.

Or, I'll be sneaky, and camp. If they have radar, I'm not invisible, but people don't really pay attention
to it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2007 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm always running for the high ground, although it works a lot better w/ Overkill so I can take a sniper rifle and a MP5.  Use a couple of claymore to cover my 6, then set up shop and piss some people off.

The blue room on "Crash" is my second home.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately I don't have the game but my good friend does and I've probably logged about 10 hours on his computer so far...

M4A1 w/ red dot sight
M1911 w/ suppressor

Steady aim
Penetration

I try to stay with the team mostly, I'm pretty good at camping and run and gun though.  Great game!
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Shipment is great if you can get 4 guys together who know what they're doing. Everyone gets a LMG, then you take one of the corners. One man covers one direction, one covers the other direction, one supports the first two and takes over whenever one reloads, and one watches the back and spawnkills anyone who appears and kills anybody who manages to slip by the other three.

Held out in a high player shipment game for over 3 minutes like that. You don't even want to know how many kills we got.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Shipment is great if you can get 4 guys together who know what they're doing. Everyone gets a LMG, then you take one of the corners. One man covers one direction, one covers the other direction, one supports the first two and takes over whenever one reloads, and one watches the back and spawnkills anyone who appears and kills anybody who manages to slip by the other three.

Held out in a high player shipment game for over 3 minutes like that. You don't even want to know how many kills we got.

Till they pull their heads outta their asses and A.) chuck a blind nade B.) RPG you, C.) Get an airstrike or a helo.

I had pretty decent luck running around like a chicken with my head cut off blasting away.

I can't wait till I get that Benelli.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
My favorite so far.

Soul Crusher
M4 with red dot
1911 with no attachment

Bandoleer
Juggernaught
Stready Aim

If Northwest Murderfarm is up I'm usually there
I play on PC tho, not 360

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Regarding claymores how do you make them more effective at killing?  Seems that often the enemy is only wounded when walking through one.  I've tried stacking them and offsetting them slightly with hopes to get the kill on the second detonation (it works) but then I've used all of them up on one entry point usually.

Anyone have any good claymore techniques they are willing to disclose?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#14]
The enemy hears a warning click when they trip a claymore.  If they're running through a door, they can just keep running and escape the claymore.

Angle it appropriately, away from the door a bit, so that when they trip it and keep running, they enter the densest part of the blast.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#15]
What a cool game! I was able to stumble my way through a few missions on Friday and can't wait to get back into it.

I'm doing it on the sissy mode 'cuz I suck. Fortunately when you get killed you rejoin the game not TOO far from where you die!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#16]
cool

just picked it up and started playin yesterday.  jumped straight to multiplayer.

got the acog for m16 and the red dot for m4.  what a world of difference optics makes compared to iron sites.  

havent been screwin too much w/ sideshow stuff like uav jammers and stuff.  tryin to get my shooting and gameplay skills up to par.

this game is addictive, just in time for finals too....
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully ARFCOM will still be playing come Christmas time when I get the game and a new graphics card.  I've probably clocked around 20 or so hours on my buddies computer so I'll be the best "noob" ever when I have my own game/account.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Angle it appropriately, away from the door a bit, so that when they trip it and keep running, they enter the densest part of the blast.

That's the trick.

I'm a claymore whore and you have to angle them away from the door - not pointing right at it. The top of stairs works well - people seem to creep up the stairs. There isn't enough time to run away when they hear the "click".

The extra damage with explosives perk helps a bit too...

Av.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
N00b taggage.

ben and Another_Dude pulled me into a game like that on Shipment with like 20 other people last month.

I was getting raped, then it dawned on me I should pull out my SAW with the recoil grip.

I stopped dying except when I had to reload.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:43:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
N00b taggage.

ben and Another_Dude pulled me into a game like that on Shipment with like 20 other people last month.

I was getting raped, then it dawned on me I should pull out my SAW with the recoil grip.

I stopped dying except when I had to reload.

Don't forget the double tap perk.

If you get a airstrike just dump it in the middle of the map, especially on Domination.

Beacoup kills.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
N00b taggage.

think that one is called downpour.

that ones called shipment..

and downpour.. i HATE downpour
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#22]
gat
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#23]
in TDM 32 players scenario,the strategy is only one-shtot ,throw a grenade ->move fast,shot ,throw a grenade or shot GL->move fast-shot->move fast...

do not stay very close to your teammates-you will be  airstrike or grenade target,but do not try  be a "lone wolf", if you have not a clearly idea what to do !

..and the RPD is a real snipers killer,try it,RPD on irons is my answer to these guys, personally I think RPD is overpowered !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top