Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2004 7:02:58 PM EDT
Wolf Blitzer & Judy Woodruff intervieweing Zell Miller and they're trying to pick him apart... NO DICE!!!

(yah yah, maybe a dupe thread, lock away, just thought CNN's bias *surprise* warranted a separate thread)

GO ZELL!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No cable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
what a bunch of pussy shit!  all 3 ganging up on him!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaahaha

"i was ready for this, i was ready to come on shows like this where people like YOU would have the democratic talking points"
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"i was ready for this, i was ready to come on shows like this where people like YOU would have the democratic talking points"

He said that?!?!?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Who watches the Commie News Network?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys are reading it wrong...they are stunned. They have just been neutered on national t.v., they thought the Republicans were going to lay down at their convention..we did'nt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I just had to wander over to CNN to see how they were dealing with it... Woodruff has never looked less frustrated, BOO HOO!!!

Zell was on a roll and he crushed 'em... Well done!!!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He said that?!?!?  

DAMN! I missed THAT?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll have to take your word for it, I can't stand to watch that network this late in the political season.

Here's how it works on the lib networks. When the democrats have their convention, they bring democrats on to talk about it. When the republicans have their convention, they bring democrats on to talk about it.

Or, if they wish to present the facade of objectivity, they get McCain, which is pretty much the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Who cares what the dunderheads at DNCNN have to say???  Bah...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I am missing so much tonight, I'm PISSED.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Joel Klein and Aaron Brown working hard on spin now.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
This is interesting:  The DUmmy’s hate CNN, WE don’t trust CNN, so who watches CNN?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#16]
cnn.com is trying hard to ignore the Zell Miller speech altogether.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am missing so much tonight, I'm PISSED.

I know what you mean ... I'm almost tempted to get cable tv turned on until the election ... if I could get them to do it without fees for hookup and disconnect
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#18]
OMFG, they are talking about Carter's speech???

CNN is PATHETIC!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#19]
just remember, the good news is, hardly anyone is watching CNN
last night Fox News beat CNN and MSNBC combined, as well as NBC, CBS, and ABC!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Nobody I know EVER watches CNN or Headline News anymore (not since 9/11, when everyone was flipping channels all day) Fox & MSNBC get the lion's share.

Wonder if CNN doctors their viewership data like they load up their polls?

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm out of town, in a motel, with no Fox news, just CNN....

Kinda enjoying it tonight, though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If they have a "How was your stay?" postcards, fill it out and tell them you want balanced coverage (as opposed to CNN) or you'll stay elsewhere next time.

Remember also that USA Today hired Michael Moore, so tomorrow morning, should you see the hallways littered with that rag...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Zell is a monster. I will CRUSH you. He must have listened to Arnold
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Me too.  In a perverted kinda' way.  

Haven't had to watch such severly biased shit in years.  Which makes it all the more blatant and obvious.  Sickening to think that most of the country thinks this is 'neutral' unbiased NEWS.  (Bless you FOX, and the new media.)

It's 1:00 am and I've disturbed half this floor from the screaming.   Not the good kind, but at the TV.

MO ROCCA.  Would somebody close by PLEASE!! SLAP THIS BITCH!.  

Then there's that crusty ol' weasal Larry.  And (for the most part) his Panel.  Oh, Good God.  

Capper is being on dial-up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
cnn.com is trying hard to ignore the Zell Miller speech altogether.  

Reminds me of what Solzhenitsyn wrote about Pravda, you had to go to the back pages to get the real news, if it was there at all.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Wolf Blitzer & Judy Woodruff intervieweing Zell Miller and they're trying to pick him apart... NO DICE!!!

(yah yah, maybe a dupe thread, lock away, just thought CNN's bias *surprise* warranted a separate thread)

GO ZELL!!!!!!

everything they said was true
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It sucks that Zell is retiring.  I'm really starting to like the guy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:45:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I saw the CNN interview, they fell over themselves trying to apologize for John Kerry.
Zell was pissed off, but you should have seen him with Chris Matthews on MSNBC.  

He told Mathews to "get out of  my face" and then told Mathews it was a good thing he was way over in the park, cause he wasn't let Mathews get away with badgering him.  Zell basicially told Mathews he was going to kick his ass.

GIVE EM HELL ZELL!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I saw the CNN interview, they fell over themselves trying to apologize for John Kerry.

He told Mathews to "get out of  my face" and then told Mathews it was a good thing he was way over in the park, cause he wasn't let Mathews get away with badgering him.  Zell basicially told Mathews he was going to kick his ass.

GIVE EM HELL ZELL!

i caught the Matthews-Zell interview too. I have never seen Matthews so cowed, he was downright whimpering LOL.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GIVE EM HELL ZELL!

i caught the Matthews-Zell interview too. I have never seen Matthews so cowed, he was downright whimpering LOL.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO ZELL!!!!!!

Whatever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
...they are stunned. They have just been neutered on national t.v., .

I'm getting this mental picture of the look of disbelief on their faces, as they look toward the floor, their willies lying at their feet.....thinking "Oh my!!!"

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#33]
I actually watch CNN after things like this because I already know what Fox is going to say. I want to see what the other half thinks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:10:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I actually watch CNN after things like this because I already know what Fox is going to say. I want to see what the other half thinks.

"Thinks" may be too strong a word for what the other side is doing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#35]
All theater
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He said that?!?!?  

DAMN! I missed THAT?

+1 Does anyone have it on video that can be posted?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:21:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
All theater

You know, they say brevity is the soul of wit.  In your case, however, that doesn't seem to apply.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#38]
That Zell speech was kick ass. His appearance on CM was annoying. He didn't take any sh*t, though. Kudos for that. Matthews was bent over and screaming "Uncle!" by the end.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#39]
If anyone TIVO'd it and can get it to me I'll host it and we can all enjoy it
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#40]
also interesting that CNN is pushing their election coverage by buying ad time on conservative talk shows... and "Team Kerry" (DNC et al) is running commercials on KDKA in the afternoon when Fred Honsberger (who RIPS the Democratic 527's and anyone who is pro-Kerry) is on... it must be driving them positively NUTS having to give money to conservatives to get airtime

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO ZELL!!!!!!

Whatever.

So it's not true that Dick Cheney opposed the B-2 program & the F-14/D program while Defense Seceretary ??
(it is true)

Wolf Blitzer was the CNN correspondent at  the Pentagon during Cheney's tenure(back when Cheney cared about deficits .

Blitzer was there doing his homework for 4 years.

It's not true that W has twice referred to the U.S> military as an occupying force in Iraq  ??
(it is true)

Don't like the polemics ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Hey, W_Smith - what kind of AR do you own?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, W_Smith - I thought so.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#44]
If Cheney had a 20 year record of ALWAYS opposing military spending it might make a dent in the argument.  Picking two systems in 20 years and screamming "SEE... SEE... HE DID IT TOO", is clever but not terribly interesting.  The interesting part is exactly what Zell mentioned.  A man is is defined by his record of action.  Kerry's is awful, and even my office Bush haters can't really argue it's not.

Nice try W_Smith.

And what type AR do you own?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#45]
You can't compare several voting records with another man's LIFETIME voting record. There could have been other issues that made him vote against it. But I believe it was not just he wanted to weaken the U.S forces. (in which Kerry did it for 20 years for that sole purpose)

You know, even some gun-grabbers don't get an A from VPC because they didn't vote 100% on anti-gun issues.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#46]

no  AR yet, waiting for Sept 14

all I have right now is a SAR-1, S&W L frame & a Rem 870

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO ZELL!!!!!!

Whatever.

So it's not true that Dick Cheney opposed the B-2 program & the F-14/D program while Defense Seceretary ??
(it is true)

Wolf Blitzer was the CNN correspondent at  the Pentagon during Cheney's tenure(back when Cheney cared about deficits .

Blitzer was there doing his homework for 4 years.

It's not true that W has twice referred to the U.S> military as an occupying force in Iraq  ??
(it is true)

Don't like the polemics ?

Ok, here's what we ask them to do.  Point counterpoint style.  Zell reads off some defense appropriates bill that Kerry opposed then puts up a finger.  Wolf Blitzer does the same for Cheney.  Zell repeats.  Wolf repeats.  

How long can this go on?  The point is NOT that either Cheney or Kerry opposed a specific spending bill or that they opposed military spending at any one time.  Zell's point is that Kerry ALWAYS votes against military spending.

I look at it this way, personally I would have voted against appropriations for the F35 because I think it's a sub par weapon of war compared to what we should be fielding for our troops.  Hell, I might even have voted against the V22...but I would NOT have voted against EVERY military spending bill thus holding our military back technologically.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO ZELL!!!!!!

Whatever.

No, because Dick Cheney wasn't President, or a Senator or even a Congressman at the time, and Defense Secretaries don't get to set policy without the approval of the president.  Any system Cheney opposed while Secretary of Defense he opposed at the behest and with the approval of President Bush.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

GIVE EM HELL ZELL!

The best part was when Zell said "I wished we lived in a time when you could chalenge a man to a duel".
Matthews' jaw literally dropped. He spent the next 10 minutes backpedaling, while the conventioneers near Zell cheered.
After the Zell interview was over Matthews sdpent another 1/2 hour try to tell his other guests what he "really meant".

I wished I had taped it.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#50]
CNN = American al-Jazeera.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top