BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 11:46:07 AM EDT
From Drudge

linky

CNN PRODUCERS TOLD ON-AIR GUESTS: GET ANGRY
Mon Sep 12 2005 12:42:11 ET

After weeks of intense Katrina coverage from the main press, LA TIMES guru and former CNN host Michael Kinsley divulges that CNN was coaching guests to artificially enhance emotions!

Kinsley writes:

"The TV news networks, which only a few months ago were piously suppressing emotional fireworks by their pundits, are now piously encouraging their news anchors to break out of the emotional straitjackets and express outrage. A Los Angeles Times colleague of mine, appearing on CNN last week to talk about Katrina, was told by a producer to 'get angry.'"

Developing...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
                                                                                       Captain Renault:  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
                                                                                       Captain Renault:  

Excellent!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The hell you say!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
This morning I was watching CNN (I have GOT to re-align the satellite dish soon!) and they were discussing how emotional the news-people were during Katrina.

They were even interviewing people to gauge the reaction to the emptional outbursts of the media.

Pitiful. I don't care if you laugh, cry, or dance on Ted Kennedy's grave - just report the news for me, mmkay?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Liberals love infusing emotion into politics.  It overrides reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top