BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/24/2016 11:22:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]

10 Billion sounds like a bargain to me to prevent millions of lifelong freeloaders and turning the US more into a 3rd World shithole.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The Mexicans may buld the wall themselves if they find we gringoes fleeing our fascists overlords.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#3]
If he gets elected and doesn't build this wall I will flip my shit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The wall will be 10 feet higher than shown.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10 Billion sounds like a bargain to me to prevent millions of lifelong freeloaders and turning the US more into a 3rd World shithole.

View Quote

Yep. A drop in the bucket compared to what we spend on supporting illegals right now
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#6]
SOLD!  let's get this done.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If he gets elected and doesn't build this wall I will flip my shit.
View Quote

As much emphasis as he has put on this wall... If he does win the presidency he will HAVE to at least build the wall, even if its the only thing he does
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#8]
CNN has jumped the shark.

You don't build a new wall, you simply turn Interstate 10 up on its edge.

LOL the MSM.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  

I remember Romney, or McCain, talking about removing some unneeded projects from the budget and saving $14 billion.  Everyone shrugged it off as an amount that was meaningless in the grand scheme of the budget, so why is it too much, now?

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
10 billion in materials. Probably many times that to build it. Still a bargain.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Let's build it!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#12]
$10 billion is nothing and would be a fantastic investment that would save us 100's of billions in welfare payouts to illegals.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't forget the armed UAVs patrolling from above.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Let's do it. It should pay for itself very quickly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep. A drop in the bucket compared to what we spend on supporting illegals right now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is where the problem really is.

If they could not get a job (huge fine and 1 year in jail for hiring an illegal),if they couldn't get welfare,foodstamps,etc.,if they could get no free medical care,if their kids weren't allowed in school,if they didn't get tax "refunds",they would have no reason to come here.

Mexico would be screaming for a wall if the situation was reversed and shitloads of people were going down there for all the free stuff.

None of that is going to happen,so we will piss away billions on a wall that they will still tunnel under,climb over,bust thru,go around,etc to get the free stuff.

Kinda like keeping rats out of your garage-you can try and seal every nook and cranny and try and make in impenetrable fortress,but if there is lots of free food inside,they will continue trying to get to it.............
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Mexicans may buld the wall themselves if they find we gringoes fleeing our fascists overlords.
View Quote

You just gave me an idea.

Offer citizenship to those illegals that put more than 2,000 hours into building the wall. That would have a huge impact on labor costs.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't see any turrets with gun emplacements on that wall.  Where's the mote filled with acid and sharks, electric eels and alligators?  I'm disappointing with CNN.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#19]
i'll take it
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Fund it
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't see any turrets with gun emplacements on that wall.  Where's the mote filled with acid and sharks, electric eels and alligators?  I'm disappointing with CNN.  
View Quote

No sharks,but we did get some Sea Bass.........
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if the workers will come under sniper fire at any point during the construction.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
CNN has jumped the shark.

You don't build a new wall, you simply turn Interstate 10 up on its edge.

LOL the MSM.
View Quote

I would prefer I-8
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#24]
10 billion vs all the economic benefits from it? Hell, increased worker morale alone could make up the difference in a short amount of time.

I know that's not simple or fully feasible to quantify, but 10 billion for all the shit that comes with ..10 million illegals?  Easyyyy business deal! Done! Sign it!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I wonder what the savings in welfare and other government benefits and the criminal justice system would come to?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Offer citizenship to those illegals that put more than 2,000 hours into building the wall. That would have a huge impact on labor costs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir are a wizard.  However, can we up it to 2080 hrs?  That's a full working year with 2 weeks vacation.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let's do it. It should pay for itself very quickly.
View Quote

Agreed......
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You sir are a wizard.  However, can we up it to 2080 hrs?  That's a full working year with 2 weeks vacation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...or we can have them pile a brick or two onto the wall as they leave.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If they could not get a job (huge fine and 1 year in jail for hiring an illegal),if they couldn't get welfare,foodstamps,etc.,if they could get no free medical care,if their kids weren't allowed in school,if they didn't get tax "refunds",they would have no reason to come here.

Mexico would be screaming for a wall if the situation was reversed and shitloads of people were going down there for all the free stuff.

None of that is going to happen,so we will piss away billions on a wall that they will still tunnel under,climb over,bust thru,go around,etc to get the free stuff.

Kinda like keeping rats out of your garage-you can try and seal every nook and cranny and try and make in impenetrable fortress,but if there is lots of free food inside,they will continue trying to get to it.............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wall wil increase the cost of getting illegals here to the point that it will drop the rate of entrance astronomically. Lets build the wall AND the other things you mentioned.

And UAV's with ground penetrating radar, and snipers with thermal scopes
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, estimates of how much illegals cost us annually are usually north of $100BN. $10BN for a wall would be a bargain.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly this.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#33]
In all fairness, Europe needs new immigrants and both Mexico and South America has an ample supply that have similar values and religions.

Ship them to Europe, and everyone does well.

I'd like to watch the fights between Mexicans and islam
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, and stop sending aid to Mexico and boom it's paid for.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember when Jeb said it was physically impossible to build a wall that big
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#37]
20 ft high?

Pffffft - I'd expect at least 40 minimum.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Just put every able-bodied illegal caught crossing the border on a chain-gang building the wall. Deport everybody else. Of course high fines for employing an illegal, and absolutely no welfare services of any kind, would help a lot to keep illegals out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
SOLD!  let's get this done.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fund it
View Quote

Hasn't this thing been at least partially funded since Reagan?

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My vote would be for a mobile "wall".

http://www.uhb.nhs.uk/Images/SellyOakPhotos/ApacheGunship2.jpg

...and maybe judicious use of contemporary landmine technology.

View Quote

This does get to the heart of the matter.

Walls are pretty useless without men with guns (or spears, as the case may be) standing on top of them.

And if we were willing to shoot people who tried to cross illegally, well...  we could do that right now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Walls are pretty useless without men with guns (or spears, as the case may be) standing on top of them.

And if we were willing to shoot people who tried to cross illegally, well...  we could do that right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can you shoot women.............children???
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#44]
What about the sentry guns? They didn't include all the costs, it will be more than that. And completely worth it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#45]
CNN - Stage 5: Acceptance
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wonder if the workers will come under sniper fire at any point during the construction.
View Quote

Hell no.

The cartels would love that shit.  It would make all of their prices skyrocket.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy. ya just don't lead 'em as much.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

The wall will be 10 feet higher than shown.
View Quote

The wall just got 10 feet higher! That was awesome.

They should go much deeper too.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed. And the sharks will need lasers. They really need new advisors at cnn.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They came to America to work.  They can make license plates and turn big rocks into little rocks.  Plus the woods don't rake themselves.

I envision a sprawling chain gang.  Like Cool Hand Luke, just less....cool.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top