Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 12:15:34 PM EDT
I am working on my Sport CFI, just passed the FOI exam a couple of days ago. I used the Sheppard Air test prep software to study for the FOI and was very happy with my score. I was going to get the Sheppard Air FIA test prep software, but i'm concerned that this may not have Sport CFI specific questions. The Gleim book I have is the Flight/Ground instructor, which is for the full CFI (FIA) exam and includes a document on which sections not to study when using this book for the Sport CFI; as it's not needed.

So my question is, would it be ok to get the Sheppard air FIA prep to use for my sport CFI? I really liked the study method of Sheppard air. The way I see it, worst case scenario I will study some sections that wont be on the exam. I plan to get my full CFI once I have the hours, anyways.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The real question is are there any sport CFI questions not covered on the CFI exam? I as a CFI can teach sport pilots sport cfi's can not teach private pilots. The FIA is almost exactly like taking your comercial written, a bit more trickery but not much. If you are actually learning you will do fine, if you are studying the test you may run into issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top