Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 12:15:34 PM EDT
I am working on my Sport CFI, just passed the FOI exam a couple of days ago. I used the Sheppard Air test prep software to study for the FOI and was very happy with my score. I was going to get the Sheppard Air FIA test prep software, but i'm concerned that this may not have Sport CFI specific questions. The Gleim book I have is the Flight/Ground instructor, which is for the full CFI (FIA) exam and includes a document on which sections not to study when using this book for the Sport CFI; as it's not needed.

So my question is, would it be ok to get the Sheppard air FIA prep to use for my sport CFI? I really liked the study method of Sheppard air. The way I see it, worst case scenario I will study some sections that wont be on the exam. I plan to get my full CFI once I have the hours, anyways.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:31:30 PM EDT
The real question is are there any sport CFI questions not covered on the CFI exam? I as a CFI can teach sport pilots sport cfi's can not teach private pilots. The FIA is almost exactly like taking your comercial written, a bit more trickery but not much. If you are actually learning you will do fine, if you are studying the test you may run into issues.
Top Top