Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 3:01:00 PM EDT
I called CDNN Wednesday & ordered 3 "pre ban" "LE" mags for a Sig 228.  When talking to the guy taking the order, he mentioned that he also still had "pre ban" "LE" 9mm 226 magazines in stock.  After I got off the phone, I was wishing I had ordered a couple of the 226 mags, so Thursday I called and ordered two 226 mags.
All 5 magazines came today !  Now that's service!  I just wanted to give 'em a little plug here, as I've never been dissatisfied with any order from them.

I do have a question about the 228 mags though;  on the left side is stamped "mec-gar made in Italy."
These are Sig factory new mags, I've never seen the contractor's name on any gun mag before.  Is mec-gar who makes Sig mags?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Mec-gar actually makes mags for several different gun manufacturers.

I wouldn't hesitate to use a Mec-gar mag in my Sig or Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
A+ for CDNN.

I ordered 3 LEO Glock 17 17rnd mags monday night and they were in the mailbox today when I got home. They are now full of Hydrashoks and sleeping well in their own berth next to my G17.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
DANG ! ! !

Ordered several mags on Monday afternoon

and still don't have them  ! ! !

DANG ! ! ! ! ! !

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m pretty sure some Sig OEM mags are made by Mec-gar.  The ones I’ve seen have the witness holes on the right side and are a shiny blue.

I just received a new LEO P229 mag from CDNN that says “made in Italy” on it (but not Mec-gar).  It also has Sig's name and USA address on it.

I also got a couple of demo (used) P229 LEO mags made from the older design with the witness holes in the rear and the matt black finish.  They have both Sig's USA address and Sauer’s German address on them.  I suspect they were made in Germany.

Edited to add:  FWIW (and not to deliberately upset BankerBilly!), I ordered mine on Tuesday, they showed up via USPO Priority Mail on Thursday.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
i ordered 2 for the 228
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]

I ordered 3 LEO Glock 17 17rnd mags monday night and they were in the mailbox today when I got home. They are now full of Hydrashoks and sleeping well in their own berth next to my G17.

All 3 are loaded and next to your G17 now huh?  Sounds a little light.  Where are your frag grenades, clacker for claymore mines, and LAW rocket?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered my SIG P226 mags from them on Monday and got them on Wednesday! Great service!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

All 3 are loaded and next to your G17 now huh?  Sounds a little light.  Where are your frag grenades, clacker for claymore mines, and LAW rocket?

Those items are stacked in a manner that negates the need for a bedside table.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Cool! Its really nice to be able to pick up the phone and order "regular cap" mags.  Before 9/14, to buy these mags as a LEO I would have had to had a department letterhead.  That really sucked, getting permission from "daddy" just to buy mags for a duty gun.

So mec-gar makes the Sig mags?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
DANG ! ! !

Ordered several mags on Monday afternoon

and still don't have them  ! ! !

DANG ! ! ! ! ! !

Probably only because you're in Ohio......they'll get there!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool! Its really nice to be able to pick up the phone and order "regular cap" mags.  Before 9/14, to buy these mags as a LEO I would have had to had a department letterhead.  That really sucked, getting permission from "daddy" just to buy mags for a duty gun.

So mec-gar makes the Sig mags?

Yes, and they are awesome.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys  ! !

So will these mags come "thru the mail" or will the BBT bring them ? ?  

If "thru the mail" maybe, just maybe, I'll get them on Saturday  ! !

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
CDNN has been and will continue to be my #1 source for handgun mags. And heck, they usually have a pretty darn good deal on rifle mags as well. What I like about them (aside from great service) is the fact they keep mags for nearly everything! That makes an order for multiple mags a non-hassle. I love businesses who have a nice selection to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#14]
What is website address. CDNN.com failed me.

DMOS
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Try cdnninvestments.com
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thanks guys  ! !

Mine came shipped in a priority mail bag. 2 days.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks guys  ! !

Mine came shipped in a priority mail bag. 2 days.

Same for me.  I just got 2 13rnd HK USP 40 mags marked for LE only and My USP is a happy pup!  they look good too.  Used but not abused.    

Fug, I can see I'm going to go broke in a mag buying orgy...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my Beretta and Glock mags very quickly.  The glock mag is marked 9/13/94!!  It looks brand new, and has the 9mm1 follower.  The Beretta mag is marked 2001 and look like it's 40 years old, and it has a rubber pad sloppily glued to the bottom, but it works just fine.  The web site said it was a "DEMO" mag, whatever that means.

I'm still very happy with CDNN, even though the Beretta mag is a little chewed up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thanks guys  ! !

Mine were ordered on Monday and showed up on Thutrsday in a USPS Priority mail box. Guy wrote my credit card info down wrong so he had to call back and get the right digits.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I just got 2 13rnd HK USP 40 mags marked for LE only...  they look good too.  Used but not abused.    

That's my story too!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Ohhhhhh Baby  ! ! ! ! !

Got my mags today  ! !   They were waiting for me at the post office this morning  ! !

Ordered a total of seven mags -- only five arrived.  Note attached to invoice says they are all out of the 15 round Meg-Gar/Sig 228 mags.  

Mags that arrived:  

Three 15 round LEO "demo" mags for my Beretta 92. Two are "blued" and one is "park'ed".   Doubt the "park'ed" mag has ever been in a pistol.  "Blued" mags I would rate at 90%.  Looks like the floorplates may have been replaced because they are PERFECT ! !  $19.99 each

Two Sig P-228 LEO "demo" mags.  Would rate these mags at least 95%.  Almost perfect in every way.  $18.99 each.  

VERY happy with my purchase  !   Would order from CDNN again, and again, and again . . . . .

Will contact Cope's (see the EE) and order the 15 round Sig mags that I want.  

Quick question please:  how many hi-cap mags do you have for each hi-cap pistol you own ? ? ?  I sure do not want to get caught "with my pants down" if another AWB comes down the road  ! !

Thanks  ! !

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Mec-Gar also makes the Novak SIG 220 mags.  All of the Mec-Gars are very high quality and shouldn't be confused with other aftermarket brands.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I got 10 hicap Glock 19 mags for $105 shipped from them. They appear to be brand new and in Glock bags.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Will contact Cope's (see the EE) and order the 15 round Sig mags that I want.

I just ordered the flush 17 round 226 mag from him online.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I’m pretty sure some Sig OEM mags are made by Mec-gar.  The ones I’ve seen have the witness holes on the right side and are a shiny blue.

I just received a new LEO P229 mag from CDNN that says “made in Italy” on it (but not Mec-gar).  It also has Sig's name and USA address on it.

I also got a couple of demo (used) P229 LEO mags made from the older design with the witness holes in the rear and the matt black finish.  They have both Sig's USA address and Sauer’s German address on them.  I suspect they were made in Germany.

Edited to add:  FWIW (and not to deliberately upset BankerBilly!), I ordered mine on Tuesday, they showed up via USPO Priority Mail on Thursday.

The followers in my sig factory mags don't tilt, they go straight down (like a cheap whore).  However, my Mec-gar mags do tilt, making it a tad harder to load.  Anyone else notice this?

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Cope's Dist. is almost always at the local toy shows.  Have always found him to be fair and honest in his dealings.  

I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase.

I'm going to give him a call on Monday to see if he will bring the mags to the next show -- might save me some $$$ on shipping.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
...The followers in my sig factory mags don't tilt, they go straight down (like a cheap whore).  However, my Mec-gar mags do tilt, making it a tad harder to load.  ...

Don’t see that with my Italian-made (no doubt Mec-gar) P229 magazine.  The follower is virtually (but not precisely) the same as the follower in my two German-made demo mags.

However, the Mec-gar is quite a bit harder to load – apparently as a result of a much stronger spring and it’s slightly longer feed lips.

The Mec-gar has a new 12 coil spring with a relaxed length when removed from the mag of 6 3/4”.  The German-made mag has a used 10 coil spring with a relaxed length of 5”.

(Interestingly, I have an old hi-cap P228 mag with an 11 coil spring and a 5 3/8” length.  The wire in the P228 spring and the German-made P229 spring both mike the same.)

Anyway, I’m thinking I’ll respring the two demo mags just to be on the safe side – they just don’t feel that strong.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I just received my Glock 17 magazines form CDNN, and they look brand spanking new.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I happen to personally know the 'C', the 'D', the 'N', and the final 'N'' in 'CDNN.'

They are indeed a great group of folks and this company is top-drawer, indeed!

I have never, ever had a problem dealing with this company...EVER!

Eric The(Testimonial)Hun

I have . A huge problem actually . They only send me my catalouge when my credit cards are maxed out .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top