Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2001 3:40:18 PM EDT
I have a question regarding California's law regarding High capacity magazines. I know that it is illegal to sell, transport, ...etc any Hi-cap mags into the PRK, but is there any regulation making it illegal for me to sell hi-cap mags to non-CA residents? The reason I am bringing this up is I currently have a few extra mags which I purchased prior to the CA ban which I no longer have use for and was thinking of selling them. Thanks for your input. Mac
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:14:39 PM EDT
You can sell high-capacity magazines to anyone, even another PRK resident, as long as the transfer occurs outside of the state. (The buyer would be breaking the law if he or she were to bring the magazine back into the PRK, of course.) If a sale or other transfer occurs inside of the borders of the PRK or in coastal waters, you would be breaking the (stupid, unConstitutional, unenforcable, bird-brained) law.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:06:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:48:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2001 11:53:58 PM EDT by TROJAN]
I think that you can not legally ship the mags out of CA...You must use a CA DOJ Large Capacity Magazine Permit holder/dealer to ship the mags out...IF you personally take them out of CA to sell them then you are OK...IF I am wrong,... then why is CA DOJ issuing a Large Capacity Magazine Permit??
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:37:32 AM EDT
trojan- If you own the mags prior to the ban, you have the right to transfer them in/out of the PRK. You do still have the right to attend a match or hunt in other states, and you have the right to use the banned mags for these events. Good point, PRK State police could establish boarder searchs for banned mags, and the owner must prove ownership prior to the ban. How would someone prove mag ownership?
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 8:42:47 AM EDT
On an interesting and somewhat related note: According to a session with the gestap... er um... California DOJ, during their interrogat... er um... public hearings... You can repair all of your magazines, so long as one of the original components is still existing, and you do not create additional magazines.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 2:45:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 9:12:54 PM EDT
yeah i can just image it some guy trys to smuggle them into Ca oh yeah i had those when i left the state
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 10:19:17 PM EDT
When you enter California by road you are usually subjected to an agricultural inspection by state authorities. Every highway into PRK has an agriculture inspection station, and they are all usually in operation. They typically ask if you have any fruits or vegetables or live plants. I wish I had a picture of the face of the inspector who had me open the moving van in which I imported in a Ryder truck my now-ex's stuff from South Carolina. We had a big mess of Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides) stuffed into the back of the moving van. The inspector had NO CLUE what it was. She was from Fresno and had never heard of epiphytes. When I told her it typically grows on oak trees she suddenly had an angle to work. She pawed through the stuff looking for known parasites that would infest a living oak tree. After about 5 minutes she srugged her shoulders and waved us on. The Border Patrol (federal Immigration and Naturalization Service officers) also maintains checkpoints on highways that lead into California. Compared to the state's agricultural inspection stations, the INS stops are poorly located and underfunded. Personally I believe that stopping everyone on the highway is unconstitutional, but their job is to find international smugglers of people, counterfeit shoes, drugs, etc. On the pretext of searching for bad oranges or heroin, these people COULD search your whole vehicle. If they found high-capacity magazines they might check to make sure you aren't carrying any loaded weapons. Other than that, they have no mandate to enforce the ban on importing high cap mags. The California Highway Patrol might be inclined to question the legality of your magazines, but only if you are being an ugly tourist. Smuggling high capacity magazines into PRK is illegal. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:38:32 AM EDT
The inalienable rights stated in the 2nd Amendment are not restricted by state borders. Will you be among the patriots?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 2:47:09 AM EDT
They sure look for people to smuggle them in. I have been to several Nevada gun shows and seen police officers walking through the parking lot writing down plate numbers of PRKians.........Why would they do this if they were not looking for it to happen?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:54:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Luuku: They sure look for people to smuggle them in. I have been to several Nevada gun shows and seen police officers walking through the parking lot writing down plate numbers of PRKians.........Why would they do this if they were not looking for it to happen?
View Quote
Perhaps checking for something important like a stolen car or an interstate fugitive. No Nevada police agency has any interest in enforcing a ridiculous PRK law. I cannot accept that any responsible Nevada LEO would collect license plates of PRK cars of people who attended a gun show and... ...what? Phone them in to a buddy who works for the PRK Highway Patrol??? Total waste of LEO time!!!!! [chainsawkill]
Top Top