Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 2:24:16 PM EDT
It is about time Calif. Rifle & Pistol did smoething more than their once per year annual banquet.  They should be leading the charge up the hill now that Gov. Davis has signed the handgun licensing bill.
===========================================================
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-101501guns.story[/url]
fix url
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard the story on NPR of all places. They interviewed Michel and I believe Tolley. None of the other people in the print story were on the radio. Tolley's comment about the ball game was more like, " I don't think people want to be sitting next to a guy yelling 'Kill the Ump!' and realizing he's carrying a gun." Actually  Tolley (or whoever was the anti interviewed) quite often said, "the people this , the people that" like he has spoken with "the people". Michel sounded good though.

WSmac
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Better buy while you can.  Only 13 1/2 months left before the handgun purchase licenses are required by law.  If the AW registration process is any indicator, handgun sales in California will be seriously disrupted.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
more gun owners more likely anti gun laws will not pass. i hope califonia will change to a Regan state. down with gov.gay anus
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
luis tolley has been western region director of HCI over 10 years now. I remember he was asked what HCI's position was on the roberti-roos "assault weapon ban" he replied something to the effect of "HCI is only concerned with handgun control laws". Josh Sugarmann of the VPC must have gotten ahold of sarah brady because soon after HCI was aggressively backing the ban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top