Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/4/2001 12:27:35 AM EDT
Can I do a private party transfer from someone out of state? Lets say, a friend in Vegas sells me his handgun that is [b]NOT ON THE CA APPROVED LIST[/b]...and transfers it over here to me? I know that CA residents can buy handguns that are NOT on the list from other CA through private transfers...but how about out of state? What if that person from out of state, comes to CA to do the transfer? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 12:36:35 AM EDT
vanguard, He must bring the gun to the FFL who is doing the transfer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:58:12 AM EDT
Unfortunately if it is not on the apporved list and not already in ca. you can not bring one in. If someone here has one and wants to sell it to you it's no problem (really stupid laws I know) but you can't get one from out of state.
Top Top