Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 4:34:50 PM EDT
It looks like a lot of fun and there are tons of accessories I can buy for it and the price is right.

[url]http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=3703112[/url]

Anyone have experience with these things and feels I should or should not get it?

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
So, what are you getting it for? They're a lot of fun. I've got two SWD M11/9mm's which are pretty much the same thing, and they're a blast.

I say go for it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks like allot of fun!  I saw one advertised from The Shooters Store in Pheonix AZ.  It was new with suppressor for $1600.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It says that it's on a form 3.  Don't these things (that us unwashed masses can own) usually use a Form 4?  I'm sure it's just a detail, and I'm completely off base.  Just something for you to look at.

-Gloftoe
View Quote

That means that it's in the hands of a dealer.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Ponyboy, I will get a suppressor for it someday and a .45 conversion. And since you ask what it’s for, it is for shooting.

schapman43, Got a link? If the package is compelling enough I might be tempted. I always prefer to stay local and besides I may be able to shoot it before I try it and while I wait on my form 3.

Oh, Guys I almost forgot; how much should I be willing to pay for this new toy?

I wouldn’t want to pay to much.

THISISME

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I meant, what are you getting it for $$$  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Being that it's a Texas MAC, I'd be looking to pay around $1300 and $1500 would be the absolute most.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Ponyboy, are some manufacturers better than others?

Is this a weapon you can count on in a combat type situation?

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ponyboy, are some manufacturers better than others?
View Quote

Actually, yes. The Texas MACs are said to sometimes have inferior welds. Powder Springs MACs are usually the most desirable of the large frame MACs, being that they are the originals. Then there are the RPB's, SWD's and Jersey Arms MACs.

I wouldn't be scared to own a Texas MAC though. There are tons of them out there and the problems seem to be few and far between, plus the fact that [b]anybody[/b] can fix a MAC. The design is very simple and relatively fool proof.

Is this a weapon you can count on in a combat type situation?

THISISME
View Quote

It depends on what type of combat situation you are talking about. The first thing you will notice is that the sights suck. There are aftermarket uppers that will solve this problem however. Secondly the cyclic rate is so high that they aren't the most accurate weapons in full auto, though the larger framed MACs, like the one you are looking at, have a slower rate of fire than the SWD's. If you're talking about reliability, then you should be really happy with it. That things gonna fire until you run out of ammo or it gets too hot for you to hold. Parts are relatively cheap and widely available, so should anything go wrong with it it's a pretty cheap fix, especially speaking in machinegun terms.

I think you'll like it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I own a MAC 10 .45/9mm FA with Costal can in .45acp.

Lots of fun, runs fast, questionable utility.  Gave about $1500 for the whole thing, plus two tax stamps.

They are still available although the price HAS gone up.

[url]http://www.tacticalinc.com/mc/mcswd45w9-1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
It says it's brand new, doesn't that make it a "dealer sample" (post '86), don't you have to be a class III dealer to buy it?? Or sales to LE???

Form 4=sell to public???
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It says it's brand new, doesn't that make it a "dealer sample" (post '86), don't you have to be a class III dealer to buy it?? Or sales to LE???

Form 4=sell to public???
View Quote

There aren't any dealer sample Stephenville MACs. Brand new means unfired, still in the box.

The gun is currently on a Form 3. The buyer will have to submit a Form 4 for transfer.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Did not meet the reserve!

I found a few at subguns.com that are new and priced right though.

On my way out the door with my wife, adios.

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Form 4=sell to public???
View Quote

There aren't any dealer sample Stephenville MACs. Brand new means unfired, still in the box.

The gun is currently on a Form 3. The buyer will have to submit a Form 4 for transfer.
View Quote

Oh, Yhanks Pony..
I like your sig pic....Oregon coast should be safe!  (except maybe for the wave)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did not meet the reserve!

I found a few at subguns.com that are new and priced right though.

On my way out the door with my wife, adios.

THISISME
View Quote

Well, since you didn't get that one, I suggest an SWD M11/9mm, not only are they the cheapest MG available, I think they're the funnest of the MACs. Plus there are more accessories for them than any of the others. They are the 10/22 of the machinegun world.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=954[/img]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top