Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 4:05:34 PM EDT
So I went to get a rifle from wally world (the price was too good to pass up).

Stage one: Ask for rifle

Stage two: come back the next day when the guy that 'knows about guns' can get it for me (he was supposed to call me first, but he forgot to read the note taped to the register so i just drove over with my wife)

Stage three: Watch wife get really pissed at wally world staff, antics included people holding up hand and running from the sales guy we caught so as not to have to help.

Stage four: Catch guy with 'knowledge'

Stage five: He calls winnie and tells us it will be $580 for a $390 rifle.

Stage six: Gets the correct price

Stage seven: get rifle, start paperwork.

Stage eight: When he tells me I cannot write "USA", I get a red haze thinking about how stupid I was to join the service for the shithead government who pisses all over me every chance they get (witness the yellow form), plus extra pissed at wally world for stupid rules, and realize I am actually writing "United fucking states", but I catch myself halfway through 'fucking' and write 'states' over it.

Stage nine: after waiting 20 minutes manager kevin comes back to carry my gun out, we hit the door and he gives it to me, I request he load my car but he refuses.

Was it worth it to save $100?  I don't know.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I give my favorite local gunshop (Machine Gun Kellys) about $25-$50 leadway.  They always work with me and are cool guys. I go in, grind a little bit, get my discount, buy or have them order the gun, and leave happy.

Fuck Wal-Mart for buying guns.  Wal-Mart is good for value packs and Rem Oil.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
We get alot of customers down at the Pawn/gun shop where I work that tell us how they can save way more money buying something down there, rather than with us.
I alway like to tell them that's great, but just wait until you have a problem with the gun and have to talk to the middle age woman at the courtesy counter.
(WaL-Mart will refer you back to the Gun company.)
We will try to make it right, fix it, trade you, or just give you your money back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Could be worse. The local wally world does not carry rifles any more. Went there one day and the whole case was gone. Styrafoam coolers where it used to be. What ammo they had left was in the glass display case.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I give my favorite local gunshop (Machine Gun Kellys) about $25-$50 leadway.  They always work with me and are cool guys. I go in, grind a little bit, get my discount, buy or have them order the gun, and leave happy.

Fuck Wal-Mart for buying guns.  Wal-Mart is good for value packs and Rem Oil.
View Quote

My local wally world sells cans of Breakfree CLP too
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
IIRC, the last rifle I got from WW was a Marlin 25M (22wmr)

I was quite peeved when the clerk told me that the .22LR will work in it [shock]

That was quite some time ago... never since.

Similar situation at Gart Sports (Colorado),
they got idiots working the counter (in some places), spouting off what they THINK is correct, instead of "I don't know, but let me ask someone who does"..

oh well, they were becoming way over priced anyway....

...In steps Sportsmans Warehouse!  woo hoo!
I've done alot of business there... (pre unemployment)[:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top