Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 3:02:11 PM EDT

Curious to know if $22 is a fair price for these magazines?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Take caution when ordering mags for your Ruger 10/22.  I had some of those Butler magazines because I planned on buying a suppressed 10/22 in the future.  But my money situation changed and I sold the mags to some guy in FL.

Turned out the mags didn't fit his brand-new Ruger 10/22.  Why Ruger changed the feed of their new  rifles, I'm not sure.  Or maybe the guy was just dumb (this was his first gun). But double-check before you buy, ask Ruger if it's true they changed their mag feeds and if so, what brands fit them.

As for you price, CDNN Investments sells smoke-colored clear plastic 30 round magazines by Eagle for $9.99 each, looking in my CDNN catalog.  I dont know how this brand compares to Butler Creek.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them somewhere recently for about $16  

MidwayUSA has HotLips for $17.99
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The platic lipped mags don't fit in my rifle, only the steel ones.  I could probably make them work, but I think I'll stick to metal.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an older 10/22 and the plastic ones work great.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually called the company about these mags(A local company here in Oregon) and they said Ruger has changed the ramp area alot so they're having a hard time adjusting.

He said they would exchange them out for free, but that I would have to send them to there plant in Idaho(I think).

Never offered a shipping tag or anything.

Take it how you like.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, they are from a local dealer. So I will not have to pay shipping. If there are any problems , I just return them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top