Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 6:41:23 PM EDT
I know one of these clowns. He used to shoot fun matches at my club and when I'd score, he'd piss and moan about how I was screwing him royally. Reason he gave me was that he had a bet with someone.

busted

One of the guys at the club told me he actually had his wife believe he was going to summer camp every summer for 2 weeks!

This one's gonna leave a mark!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I absolutly hate posers.

I got to watch a navy special warfare friend shut down 2 guys who claimed... i think that pissed him off more than anything.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:30:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure I am grasping the concept here. The article says the two are being charged by Federal prosecutors, not in a military court, right?

......I get the whole disrespectfullness of it, but under normal circumstances just being an asshole isn't illegal.

......And these two being actual soldiers--I can see that the military might have such a rule that they would have broken--so a military procedure I could understand. But a military court isn't mentioned, and I would think that the charges would be commensurate with the offense. If these guys were trying to sneak onto a military base, I understand the risk of that--but if they only intended to march in a Vet's day parade, is that something to require charges on the federal level?

....I guess I am seeing it like this: a civilian can dress up as anything they want--as long as they don't attempt any restricted activity that they don't really have authority to do. I can wear surgical scrubs whenever I please, it's only if I start attempting to practice surgery that the law is going to come looking for me. Why would "impersonating a military officer" be illegal at all? If anyone was impersonating to illegally enter a base and got caught--they'd be in the sh!t for that reason alone, , , -and off of a military base, what authority does a military officer have?.....
~~~~~
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:36:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you dress like military people for halloween?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can you dress like military people for halloween?

yes, because it's a costume, you're not trying to pass yourself off as the real thing.

dummies...ruined their lives and the lives of their families just to feel good for a few hours.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm not sure I am grasping the concept here. The article says the two are being charged by Federal prosecutors, not in a military court, right?

......I get the whole disrespectfullness of it, but under normal circumstances just being an asshole isn't illegal.

......And these two being actual soldiers--I can see that the military might have such a rule that they would have broken--so a military procedure I could understand. But a military court isn't mentioned, and I would think that the charges would be commensurate with the offense. If these guys were trying to sneak onto a military base, I understand the risk of that--but if they only intended to march in a Vet's day parade, is that something to require charges on the federal level?

....I guess I am seeing it like this: a civilian can dress up as anything they want--as long as they don't attempt any restricted activity that they don't really have authority to do. I can wear surgical scrubs whenever I please, it's only if I start attempting to practice surgery that the law is going to come looking for me. Why would "impersonating a military officer" be illegal at all? If anyone was impersonating to illegally enter a base and got caught--they'd be in the sh!t for that reason alone, , , -and off of a military base, what authority does a military officer have?.....
~~~~~

Off base an officer has the same authority they do anywhere else in the world. Where they are standing does not in any way change who or what they are. A commisoned officer has the authority to give lawfull orders to lower offiecers and enlisted among many other things.

In short, an officer has legal authority to do things civilians and enlisted soldiers cannot...... much like impersonating a law enforcement officer is illegal for the same reason.

It is one thing to dress as one........... but to claim to be one is another matter. It is claiming to have a legal statuus and authority one does not have. A doctor used in your example has no such legal status.

They are former military, not current, that is why they are not subject to the UCMJ.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:49:34 AM EDT
[#6]

I guess I am seeing it like this: a civilian can dress up as anything they want--

Which is why the civilian authorities are prosecuting them.

Dress up as a cop sometime.  Once you explain you're a civilian I'm sure you'll have no problems.

Eddie
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
we just had a case her in northern virginia where this guy was posing as a soldier to bang chicks and fleece them outta their savings. he got busted and one of the fed charges was impersonating a soldat.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:56:34 AM EDT
[#8]
What a waste of time.  Crimes too many to list and far greater in scope and depravity are committed every day in this country with impunity. What a waste of time.

Why is a crime anyway?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I guess I am seeing it like this: a civilian can dress up as anything they want--

Dress up as a cop sometime.  Once you explain you're a civilian I'm sure you'll have no problems.

Eddie

Does that go for mall security guards too?

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:17:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Eddie

I am afraid I don't quite understand the crime, either. There is a difference between dressing up as someone and passing yourself off as someone. You know, the difference between "I am going to a costume party" and "You are under arrest."  

If you aren't using the uniform to defraud anyone (e.g. get something or do something you couldn't do without the uniform) what is the crime? Yeah, it may be stupid, but who did they hurt by wearing the uniform?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:21:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Off base an officer has the same authority they do anywhere else in the world.

What authority is that? As I read it, they have absolutely zero authority over anyone in the civilian realm.

Where they are standing does not in any way change who or what they are. A commisoned officer has the authority to give lawfull orders to lower offiecers and enlisted among many other things.

In short, an officer has legal authority to do things civilians and enlisted soldiers cannot...... much like impersonating a law enforcement officer is illegal for the same reason.

It is one thing to dress as one........... but to claim to be one is another matter. It is claiming to have a legal statuus and authority one does not have. A doctor used in your example has no such legal status.

They are former military, not current, that is why they are not subject to the UCMJ.

I don't understand this "crime". So the guy says he is a colonel (or whatever). Unless someone relied to their detriment on his false statement (which isn't indicated in the article) how was anyone injured by this routine?  The article doesn't say anything about them using whatever "authority" an officer might have in the civilian world. They apparently didn't order any soldiers to do push-ups or anything.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:17:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Off base an officer has the same authority they do anywhere else in the world.

What authority is that? As I read it, they have absolutely zero authority over anyone in the civilian realm.

Yes, except they were in situations where they were likely to encounter other military personel. We don't just stay on abse all teh time, and half the force is reserve componets.

Where they are standing does not in any way change who or what they are. A commisoned officer has the authority to give lawfull orders to lower offiecers and enlisted among many other things.

I don't understand this "crime". So the guy says he is a colonel (or whatever). Unless someone relied to their detriment on his false statement (which isn't indicated in the article) how was anyone injured by this routine?  The article doesn't say anything about them using whatever "authority" an officer might have in the civilian world. They apparently didn't order any soldiers to do push-ups or anything.

True, but if one dressed up like a cop and went around claiming to be, to the point of wearing a badge etc, you would also be charged. Even if you never arrested or detained anyone. If you set up a shop and claim to be a CPA when you are not, you can be charged. You can pretend to be a doctor and never mistreat a patient, but get caught and you were still practicing medicine without a license.

They claimed to have a comission from the President of The United States and did not, and passed themselves as such to the public for whatever gain may or may not have come.

The actual law is 10 USC 771-772

ITE-
   10 USC Sec. 771                                             01/19/04

-EXPCITE-
   TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
   Subtitle A - General Military Law
   PART II - PERSONNEL
   CHAPTER 45 - THE UNIFORM

-HEAD-
   Sec. 771. Unauthorized wearing prohibited

-STATUTE-
     Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of
   the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may
   wear -
       (1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the
     Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or
       (2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive
     part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine
     Corps.

-SOURCE-
   (Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 34.)

-MISC1-

-EXPCITE-
   TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
   PART II - PERSONNEL
   CHAPTER 45 - THE UNIFORM

-HEAD-
   Sec. 772. When wearing by persons not on active duty authorized

-STATUTE-
     (a) A member of the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard
   may wear the uniform prescribed for the Army National Guard or the
   Air National Guard, as the case may be.
     (b) A member of the Naval Militia may wear the uniform prescribed
   for the Naval Militia.
     (c) A retired officer of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine
   Corps may bear the title and wear the uniform of his retired grade.
     (d) A person who is discharged honorably or under honorable
   conditions from the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may wear
   his uniform while going from the place of discharge to his home,
   within three months after his discharge.
     (e) A person not on active duty who served honorably in time of
   war in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the
   title, and, when authorized by regulations prescribed by the
   President, wear the uniform, of the highest grade held by him
   during that war.
     (f) While portraying a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or
   Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion-picture production
   may wear the uniform of that armed force if the portrayal does not
   tend to discredit that armed force.
     (g) An officer or resident of a veterans' home administered by
   the Department of Veterans Affairs may wear such uniform as the
   Secretary of the military department concerned may prescribe.
     (h) While attending a course of military instruction conducted by
   the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, a civilian may wear the
   uniform prescribed by that armed force if the wear of such uniform
   is specifically authorized under regulations prescribed by the
   Secretary of the military department concerned.
     (i) Under such regulations as the Secretary of the Air Force may
   prescribe, a citizen of a foreign country who graduates from an Air
   Force school may wear the appropriate aviation badges of the Air
   Force.
     (j) A person in any of the following categories may wear the
   uniform prescribed for that category:
       (1) Members of the Boy Scouts of America.
       (2) Members of any other organization designated by the
     Secretary of a military department.

-SOURCE-
   (Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 35; Pub. L. 99-145, title XIII,
   Sec. 1301(a)(1), Nov. 8, 1985, 99 Stat. 735; Pub. L. 101-189, div.
   A, title XVI, Sec. 1621(a)(1), Nov. 29, 1989, 103 Stat. 1602; Pub.
   L. 104-201, div. A, title V, Sec. 551(b), Sept. 23, 1996, 110 Stat.
   2525.)

And it exists to protect the integrity of the uniform. I don't expect everyone to understand why the integrity of the uniform is important, but certainly those who have worn it with pride will understand.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#13]

AP - December 30, 2005

Philadelphia --
Police today issued arrest warrents today for Timothy Johnson and Francisco Lamar on charges of impersonating a police officer and a Naval officer, respectively.  Johnson and Lamar were charged after a concert by their popular music group, The Village People.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The Colonel of the two has been pulling this bullshit for YEARS.

From the story I got(not in the paper) the USMC finally had enough of him running around making speeches and shit like that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:26:28 AM EDT
[#15]

I am afraid I don't quite understand the crime, either.

Buchanan would not say whether either man received financial or other benefits from posing as officers and also declined to say who turned them in.

Posing versus dressing.

I'm sure this doesn't mean much to civilians, but to most of those who've worn the uniform (for real) we're happy to see them go down.

Eddie
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Forr those asking the questions you have never servd in the US Military nor do you have any PRIDE in the US Military.

If you had served or had any pride in the US Military you would not be asking those asshat questions.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

-SOURCE-
   2525.)

And it exists to protect the integrity of the uniform. I don't expect everyone to understand why the integrity of the uniform is important, but certainly those who have worn it with pride will understand.

Shit I guess I'll have to finally retire that eagle scout uniform......too bad.....it was a big hit with the ladies at the local high school......
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes, except they were in situations where they were likely to encounter other military personel. We don't just stay on abse all teh time, and half the force is reserve componets.

Isn't everyone always in a situation where they were likely to encounter military personnel? It is a crime to be dressed up like that and have the "possibility" that you might run into someone in the military? And, if you do, that makes it a crime even though you may never really interact with them? That makes no sense.

True, but if one dressed up like a cop and went around claiming to be, to the point of wearing a badge etc, you would also be charged. Even if you never arrested or detained anyone. If you set up a shop and claim to be a CPA when you are not, you can be charged. You can pretend to be a doctor and never mistreat a patient, but get caught and you were still practicing medicine without a license.

No, you can't be charged for those crimes unless you actually practiced those professions. A guy may tell a chick in a bar he is a doctor to get into her pants. No crime. It becomes a crime if he recommends medical treatment. Same difference I see here.

They claimed to have a comission from the President of The United States and did not, and passed themselves as such to the public for whatever gain may or may not have come.

Well, the "gain" seems to be that they puffed up their egos falsely for a little while. I still don't see who was harmed by it.

The actual law is 10 USC 771-772

ITE-
   10 USC Sec. 771                                             01/19/04

-EXPCITE-
   TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
   PART II - PERSONNEL
   CHAPTER 45 - THE UNIFORM

-HEAD-
   Sec. 771. Unauthorized wearing prohibited

-STATUTE-
     Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of
   the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may
   wear -
       (1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the
     Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or
       (2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive
     part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine
     Corps.

-SOURCE-
   (Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 34.)

-MISC1-

-EXPCITE-
   TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
   PART II - PERSONNEL
   CHAPTER 45 - THE UNIFORM

-HEAD-
   Sec. 772. When wearing by persons not on active duty authorized

-STATUTE-
     (a) A member of the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard
   may wear the uniform prescribed for the Army National Guard or the
   Air National Guard, as the case may be.
     (b) A member of the Naval Militia may wear the uniform prescribed
   for the Naval Militia.
     (c) A retired officer of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine
   Corps may bear the title and wear the uniform of his retired grade.
     (d) A person who is discharged honorably or under honorable
   conditions from the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may wear
   his uniform while going from the place of discharge to his home,
   within three months after his discharge.
     (e) A person not on active duty who served honorably in time of
   war in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the
   title, and, when authorized by regulations prescribed by the
   President, wear the uniform, of the highest grade held by him
   during that war.
     (f) While portraying a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or
   Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion-picture production
   may wear the uniform of that armed force if the portrayal does not
   tend to discredit that armed force.
     (g) An officer or resident of a veterans' home administered by
   the Department of Veterans Affairs may wear such uniform as the
   Secretary of the military department concerned may prescribe.
     (h) While attending a course of military instruction conducted by
   the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, a civilian may wear the
   uniform prescribed by that armed force if the wear of such uniform
   is specifically authorized under regulations prescribed by the
   Secretary of the military department concerned.
     (i) Under such regulations as the Secretary of the Air Force may
   prescribe, a citizen of a foreign country who graduates from an Air
   Force school may wear the appropriate aviation badges of the Air
   Force.
     (j) A person in any of the following categories may wear the
   uniform prescribed for that category:
       (2) Members of any other organization designated by the
     Secretary of a military department.

-SOURCE-
   2525.)

I wore it myself. Unless the guys are harming someone with this routine (which doesn't seem to be evident) I don't understand the crime.  So they are idiots and maybe disrespectful. That doesn't constitute grounds for criminal punishment from what I can see.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Forr those asking the questions you have never servd in the US Military nor do you have any PRIDE in the US Military.

If you had served or had any pride in the US Military you would not be asking those asshat questions.  

OK, you proved you don't know what you are talking about.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I don't understand the crime.  So they are idiots and maybe disrespectful. That doesn't constitute grounds for criminal punishment from what I can see.

Rea dthe statute again. Its illegal. If you dont like the law, lobby Congress to change it.

Back when it was unthinkable, nowdays you kids wanna test the limits of everything. Yes while technically illegal you can wear a field jacket around town. Should you? No.

These assclowns went way overboard and are deserving of anything they get.

If you want to see a stupid law enforced city wide, look here.

Auto theft is rampant and these libtards are going after trash criminals.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The Colonel of the two has been pulling this bullshit for YEARS.

From the story I got(not in the paper) the USMC finally had enough of him running around making speeches and shit like that.

What a dumb, sorry, fuck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't understand the crime.  So they are idiots and maybe disrespectful. That doesn't constitute grounds for criminal punishment from what I can see.

Rea dthe statute again. Its illegal. If you dont like the law, lobby Congress to change it.

Well, I don't like it, but it doesn't affect my life much, so I don't think I will. I will just try to inspire a mass rebellion in the streets through this forum.

Back when it was unthinkable, nowdays you kids wanna test the limits of everything.

OK, really stupid assumption. I am one of the oldest people on this board, you little young punk whippersnapper.

And when was it "unthinkable"?

Yes while technically illegal you can wear a field jacket around town.

Now why on earth should something like that be illegal, technically or otherwise? It was common clothing in the 60s, and at lots of others times.

Should you? No.

Why on earth not? I have worn one many times. Tremendously useful clothing.

These assclowns went way overboard and are deserving of anything they get.

For what? What injury did they actually do to anyone else? I grant you that everyone will remember them as morons, but how did they actually hurt anyone?

If you want to see a stupid law enforced city wide, look here.

Auto theft is rampant and these libtards are going after trash criminals.

that's another thread, whatever our thoughts might be on that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I am afraid I don't quite understand the crime, either. There is a difference between dressing up as someone and passing yourself off as someone. You know, the difference between "I am going to a costume party" and "You are under arrest."  

If you aren't using the uniform to defraud anyone (e.g. get something or do something you couldn't do without the uniform) what is the crime? Yeah, it may be stupid, but who did they hurt by wearing the uniform?

My understanding was that it was illegal to wear a *complete* USMC uniform if you were not a Marine of that rank.... kind of why movies portraying marines always have buggered up uniforms, just enough to keep it legal.

Now I view these fuckstick in slightly higher regard than those who claim to have earned the CMOH and have in actuality not, slightly higher, but not much
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

My understanding was that it was illegal to wear a *complete* USMC uniform if you were not a Marine of that rank.... kind of why movies portraying marines always have buggered up uniforms, just enough to keep it legal.

The law above says that it is OK in movie productions as long as it does not tend to discredit the armed forces.  Hmmmmm, that seems like a restriction on free speech right there. And it occurs to me that there have been quite a few unfavorable military folks portrayed over the years. If the uniforms are "buggered" then the "buggers" are too slight to be detectable to the average person on the street.

Now I view these fuckstick in slightly higher regard than those who claim to have earned the CMOH and have in actuality not, slightly higher, but not much

I wouldn't argue the point that they are pretty stupid. Not much question about that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are exceptions to that.  I think it has to do with actual military, can't think of the word.  When you allow or encourage it.  Anyway, one exception was the show "Major Dad," portrayed a Marine Major who married a somewhat liberal reporter who had 2 or 3 kids.  It was filmed on base, and had two Marines there to make sure everything was accurate.  On one episode after the characters had been in combat, it was noticed that they weren't wearing a ribbon they should have been (probably the CAR) and one of the Marines ran down to the closthing sales store to get them for the cast.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#26]
If you didn't earn a rank, don't wear it.  How hard is that?  

Along those lines, if you were never in the service, you have no right to wear the uniform.

Wolfman, how dare you defend these scumbags!  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey, didn't Guido Sarducci get busted for impersonating a priest in Vatican City?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Along those lines, if you were never in the service, you have no right to wear the uniform.

Wolfman, how dare you defend these scumbags!  You should be ashamed of yourself.

I wasn't defending anyone. Read what I said. They are stupid (like your comments above.) But there is a difference between "stupid" and "criminal".  Your comments above are stupid. but you should not go to jail for them. Get the difference?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#29]
From your first few posts in this thread:

Quoted:
Well, the "gain" seems to be that they puffed up their egos falsely for a little while. I still don't see who was harmed by it.

I wore it myself. Unless the guys are harming someone with this routine (which doesn't seem to be evident) I don't understand the crime.  So they are idiots and maybe disrespectful. That doesn't constitute grounds for criminal punishment from what I can see.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't defending anyone. Read what I said. They are stupid (like your comments above.) But there is a difference between "stupid" and "criminal".  Your comments above are stupid. but you should not go to jail for them. Get the difference?

It sure sounds like you were defending your their actions to me.

Grow up.

Edit-Scratched out a word
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
AP - December 30, 2005

Philadelphia --
Police today issued arrest warrents today for Timothy Johnson and Francisco Lamar on charges of impersonating a police officer and a Naval officer, respectively.  Johnson and Lamar were charged after a concert by their popular music group, The Village People.  

Actually, the VP impersonated an enlisted seaman...

Officers do not wear the crackerjack suit...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
From your first few posts in this thread:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sure sounds like you were defending your their actions to me.

Grow up.

Edit-Scratched out a word

Learn to read. Can you count how many times I called them idiot, stupid, etc.?  I think you have that many fingers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll personally wear my field jackets I BOUGHT while in the Military when I feel like it, I don't think I bring a bit of disrepect to the service and I figure they got several years of my life in return. Besides, the things are obsolete as far as pattern and color. {heck, I still have the plain green ones}
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I'll personally wear my field jackets I BOUGHT while in the Military when I feel like it, I don't think I bring a bit of disrepect to the service and I figure they got several years of my life in return. Besides, the things are obsolete as far as pattern and color. {heck, I still have the plain green ones}

Nothing wrong with that in my book either.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Are BDUs or a field jacket without any insignia a uniform? CIA operatives and others wear such clothing, they may or may not be in the military.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

BDU pants are just pants
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BDU pants are just pants

BDU pants are just pants.  It's not a complete uniform.

If someone is wearing plain BDUs with nothing on them, be my guest.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it is the Medal of Honor not the "congressional" Medal of honor. congress only awards it.

usmc5593
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#38]
these two sound like butt-pirates, besides who would want to be a  (military) officer??  their always screwing  shit up. i'd be a Master Gunnery Sargent if i was going to pull some stupid shit like that, lol

usmc5593
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#39]
check out this lady, she posed as an Air Force officer and screwed a college out of $42,000

http://www.wral.com/news/4357820/detail.html

Apex Woman In Trouble For Allegedly Lying To Get Free Tuition

POSTED: 6:02 pm EDT April 7, 2005
UPDATED: 5:58 pm EDT April 8, 2005

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Investigators said a former Durham Regional Hospital employee scammed the college out of tuition for as many as three years by posing as a captain in the Air Force.

Lisa Phillips, of Apex, told a judge that she was fired the same day she was arrested for posing as an officer in the Air Force.

Prosecutors said the scheme cost Meredith College at least $42,000 in tuition waivers. According to court papers, Phillips e-mailed college faculty and staff claiming to be a captain in the Air Force. They said she even wore the uniform.

Investigators said Phillips even showed off several military medals of honor, including a Bronze Star and Purple Heart. According to court papers, the scheme lasted from March 2002 until January 2005.

It is not clear if Phillips graduated from Meredith College or was caught before that. An college representative told WRAL the college is cooperating with the investigation, but cannot comment on the case.

--------

Follow up:

Apex Woman Pleads Guilty To Impersonating Air Force Officer

POSTED: 5:33 pm EDT September 26, 2005

RALEIGH, N.C. -- An Apex woman pleaded guilty Monday to impersonating a U.S. Air Force captain.

Authorities say Lisa Phillips duped Meredith College out of $42,000 in tuition. Prosecutors say she lied about fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq, and about being injured in battle.

Meredith College will not officially comment on the case.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#40]
^  Double barreled Lieutenant!!

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Okay, I gotta question for the Marines here as they are the ones most likely to take offense to this if it is wrong.

I bought one of the marpat boonie hats off of ebay to wear when I shoot in highpower matches, it has the subdued EG&A embroidered on the front. I do not try to portray myself as a marine but I do wear the hat at matches. I've never been reproached for doing so and most of the guys I shoot with know I was in the army. Now I'm wondering if they are just letting it slide or if it is no big deal.

Is this okay or should I cover the EGA with something?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Okay, I gotta question for the Marines here as they are the ones most likely to take offense to this if it is wrong.

I bought one of the marpat boonie hats off of ebay to wear when I shoot in highpower matches, it has the subdued EG&A embroidered on the front. I do not try to portray myself as a marine but I do wear the hat at matches. I've never been reproached for doing so and most of the guys I shoot with know I was in the army. Now I'm wondering if they are just letting it slide or if it is no big deal.

Is this okay or should I cover the EGA with something?

Been this route. No big deal.I shot in a USMC League sponsered series for years. One of the Marines gave me a utility cover('Gonna shoot with us, you're gonna look like us.') I covered the EGA just in case because I didn't want to leave myself open to a comment from a whiney former USMC type.

BTW, those utility covers are NOT ONLY a Marine thing. They're also NAVY.

OTOH, You ain't dressing up in a Colonel's uniform and running around giving speeches, either.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

OTOH, You ain't dressing up in a Colonel's uniform and running around giving speeches, either.

Well, I was thinking of slapping a trident on it and regaling all the retired air force types I shoot with about all my adventures.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#44]

I'll personally wear my field jackets I BOUGHT while in the Military when I feel like it

All mine were issued.  I still have rank insignia on some...my rank insignia.

...besides who would want to be a (military) officer?? their always screwing shit up.

LOL. Spoken like a true enlisted man.

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
tThese two sound like butt-pirates, besides who would want to be a  (military) officer??  their They're always screwing  shit up. iI'd be a Master Gunnery Sargent Sergeant if iI was going to pull some stupid shit like that, lol

usmc5593

Fixed it for ya!  

Now, rewrite that evaluation and use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation this time!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Now, rewrite that evaluation and use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation this time!

Who said officers aren't good for anything?

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't wear a wallet in my back pocket due to back problems.....so I really like the BDU's....side pockets work real well.....not to mention BDU trousers are just the best designed pants in the world.

I took Pics advice and just wear the khakis though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top