Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2007 5:48:38 AM EDT
I have a small wholesale distribution company.  

I need to update my 13 years old software.

I basically need software that can handle , purchasing, inventory managemnt, invoicing, sales, etc...  basically the all aspects of business operations.

Anyone have any suggestions.  

What I am running now is an old unix system with progress software, so the upgrading of that is not really an option.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quickbooks Pro.

Simple, quick to learn, very detailed, cheap compaired to a UNIX system, the report capturing ability will blow your mind after usins UNIX for so long.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Define small - what revenue?

Small can mean Peachtree, MAS90, or a full blown ERP system like SAP.

If you are looking at the ultra-cheap packages, Quickbooks inventory sucks ass, Peachree has much better inventory and fixed assets.  Microsoft Small Biz accounting has the best reporting and Quickbooks the worst.

If you are running Progress, I'm assuming it is a custom app, so many functions you use will be unavailable from a turnkey package.

How many simultaneous users?

What's your budget?

Do you have any MRP type stuff going on with the current system?

You can IM me if you want - I did ERP and accounting system implementation for years, and now I am a financial accounting consultant.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I run quickbooks here for my business.

Love it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top