Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 2:54:50 PM EDT
I'm gonna buy one of these rifles very soon.  I Can't decide which one.  DPMS is $100 plus cheaper, is there a reason for that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
which model?
the bushy will have a chromed lined barrel and the dpms wont. that is the only thing diff i can think of.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What about reliability, internal components. Would you say they are a push.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one DPMS 20in flat top on a bushy lower. The finish is not an "pretty" as Bushmaster but I don't buy based on looks [;)]. The upper functions fine so far. I would be another DPMS product in the future w/o hesistation.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know about DPMS, but Bushmaster has unbeatable customer service, and people generally believe that Bushmaster is among the best quality out there (along with Colt and Armalite).
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO Bushmaster is currently as good as it gets.

1.Bushmaster
2.Armalite
3.Colt

That would be my purchase order preference

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bushy lower with a 16" SS heavy barrel upper. That rifle runs great.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two DPMS rifles and have not had a problem in many thousands of rounds. The only thing different in them is I put a JP adjustable trigger in one and I sent the other to CLE for their two stage trigger. The people at DPMS are very helpful. With the good experience I have had with DPMS, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. That's my DPMS story. Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a DPMS and it is by far one of the best AR-15s I've seen.  I love it!  It's just as good as a Colt or Bushmaster.  Outstandingly accurate out of the box and the customer service is excellent!  The DPMS trigger is better out of the box as well.  
As far as the barrel goes, you get better accuracy out of a non-chrome lined barrel.  As long as you dont let the rifle go long periods of time without being cleaned, the barrel wont be a problem.
-Marksman
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]
DPMS is my choice.

LOL...If I keep pimping DPMS rifles here, they will have to comp me a new rifle!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#12]
The only thing I don't like about my DPMS DCM is the safety switch doesn't read on the reverse side.

I would buy another DPMS and I already have a Bushmaster. Both have been accurate and dependable for me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I read somewhere that DPMS gets their components from Olympic arms. Kinda of like when you buy a Ford with a Mazda engine.

Was this bad information, or is there truth to this.

BTW... I could care less if they are supplying parts, as long as they work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This might help with your decision:

Something I'm working on and looking for feedback about.  See my thread here:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=146534[/url]

-Troy
View Quote

This will help in my decision, eventhough it will not be too soon. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Of all of the consumer goods I have purchased in 51 years, I have NEVER seen ANYONE even come even remotely close to giving the customer service that I have gotten out of DPMS!

For that reason alone, I recently made a purchase from them.

Do I think they are the best? Probably not.It'd be a damned close horse race, but customer satisfaction seems to mean a lot to DPMS and that sure gets my vote.

gfb

PS call Al at AL's Custom thru the mfg forum. He's OK by me!     gfb
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#17]
If I was looking for milspec rifle, I would go Bushmaster. For target rifles, DPMS has more options.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:18:48 AM EDT
[#18]
A typical group from my DPMS. With a more powerful scope on this upper I could probably improve on this.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3439[/img]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#19]
For my first AR purchase I went with the DPMS. It was a tough decision though with most folks suggesting to go with Bushy or Colt. I have had nothing but a positive experience with mine so far. In the future I hope to purchase one of everything![;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top