Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/9/2002 2:43:49 PM EST
Hi guys, I'm new to AR's. Hope this isn't a stupid question. I'm sure at least one person will tell me it is ;o). I went to a gunshow here in Denver today (Crossroads) looking for a lower receiver. I saw several but I also saw something that confused me a bit. I was looking at 2 complete lowers (one bushy, one Rock River Arms). They appeared to be identical until I viewed them from above. The bushmaster had a distinct hump on the inside wall of the receiver (on the right hand side near the rear) while the RRA receiver had straight inside walls on both sides of the receiver. I was under the impression that both of these companies made "mil-spec" lower receivers but now I'm confused because of the obvious difference between the two. The dealer gave me some bullshit about the bushy having "extra metal left over after it was forged". Whatever. What is the true significance of this hump and is it desireable or not? Thanks in advance for any responses... Matt
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:02:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:04:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:29:56 PM EST
Thanks! Matt
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut: Both lowers are made to mil-spec or as close as you can get with an AR15. This area isn't fully milled to prevent the installation of the auto sear. All the companies leave there lowers not fully milled, they just vary in appearance.
View Quote
Top Top