Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 3:43:49 PM EDT
Hi guys, I'm new to AR's. Hope this isn't a stupid question. I'm sure at least one person will tell me it is ;o). I went to a gunshow here in Denver today (Crossroads) looking for a lower receiver. I saw several but I also saw something that confused me a bit. I was looking at 2 complete lowers (one bushy, one Rock River Arms). They appeared to be identical until I viewed them from above. The bushmaster had a distinct hump on the inside wall of the receiver (on the right hand side near the rear) while the RRA receiver had straight inside walls on both sides of the receiver. I was under the impression that both of these companies made "mil-spec" lower receivers but now I'm confused because of the obvious difference between the two. The dealer gave me some bullshit about the bushy having "extra metal left over after it was forged". Whatever. What is the true significance of this hump and is it desireable or not? Thanks in advance for any responses...

Matt
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!

Matt

Quoted:
Both lowers are made to mil-spec or as close as you can get with an AR15. This area isn't fully milled to prevent the installation of the auto sear. All the companies leave there lowers not fully milled, they just vary in appearance.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top