Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2013 5:44:44 PM EDT
With all the fan boys here I decided to give it a try. It has an odd isopropyl type aftertaste. I honestly don't see the appeal of this stuff. I do however LOVE their rye. It is one of my favorites, in a Manhattan or on the rocks. This bourbon though, can suck it! That is all.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the Rye as well...
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Its good bourbon but nothing special. To me its a bit dry.  I've been really into Evan Williams single barrel lately.  Evan Williams never really came to mind when I thought about good booze but I'm loving the single barrel.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I like their bourbon but not their rye.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it for the standard they also have some special 10 year that is out now.  If any of the bourbon guys come in here , please tell me where yall get your more pricey and hard to get bourbon from? I am considering trying a bunch of different types but cant find a good way to get it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've only ever had their rye, which is, right now, my favorite non-scotch whiskey.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I was gonna grab a bottle of their rye to make sazeracs with the other night. I chickened out....not feeling experimental.

So I just grabbed a bottle of Gentleman Jack.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a fan either. There are much better bourbons out there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was gonna grab a bottle of their rye to make sazeracs with the other night. I chickened out....not feeling experimental.

View Quote

You should really expand your whiskey horizons.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Never tried it but would like to.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like it for the standard they also have some special 10 year that is out now.  If any of the bourbon guys come in here , please tell me where yall get your more pricey and hard to get bourbon from? I am considering trying a bunch of different types but cant find a good way to get it.
View Quote

Have you looked into Frugal  McDougall's in Rock Hill off of I-77 last time I was in there I was awed by there selection.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Try Sazerac Rye or Templeton - both very good.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I've tried just about every bourbon out there at one time or another. It's always a contest between cost and taste, and is admittedly subjective.

FOR THE MONEY, I think "Old Ezra" 101 proof from Ezra Brooks is outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
i like it, among others... for mid-shelf shit it ain't to bad...

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#14]
For what it is, its real good. It and Wild Turkey 101 are my favorite mid-level bourbon's.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
With all the fan boys here I decided to give it a try. It has an odd isopropyl type aftertaste. I honestly don't see the appeal of this stuff. I do however LOVE their rye. It is one of my favorites, in a Manhattan or on the rocks. This bourbon though, can suck it! That is all.
View Quote

I like the Bulleit Rye as well and a well made occaisional Manhattan is good as well.
But I like the Bulleit Rye with a little crushed ice (like half a cube).
Delicious

Never tried their bourbon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top