Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:04:01 PM EDT
I once read about back in the old west, folks would sometimes make a Bull fight a bear. I'm not sure if this ever really happened but what do you think the out come would be? Say a 2000 lbs pissed off Bull and a  Big Grizzley went at it.

The Bear would have teeth and claws but the Bull would have horns and pushing/raming power.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My money is on the Grizzly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, a bear would rip a bull to pieces. No doubt!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Bear!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Duked out every day on Wall Street.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
DA Bull!  The Grizzly ain't a ninja.  It would try to meet the bull head on.  Big mistake.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Bear would win.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My vote is for the bull.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Buffalo was very high on the grizzlies menu according to what I have read. The grizzly would come up from behind and attack the buffalo knocking it over then teariing out it's throat with its jaws. Just don't remember where I read that though
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Griz

Licking his chops and thinking, "UMM UMM, look at that USDA Prime Choice beef, think I'll have me some."

Don't hear about how a bull killed a grizzly bear in the news very much, do hear about cattle being killed by bear some though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I voted for grizzly because the english language needs more words that feature z's, q's and x's.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I've read numerous accounts of these fights in old historical journals/diarys written by people who were actually there and saw them, the fights were pretty short and the Grizzly almost always won, biting through the neck and snapping the spine or crushing the skull, sometimes the Bull was able to gore the Grizzly and gut him and they both died. A domestic bull was no match for a predator the size of a Grizzly, a Cape Buffalo maybe would be.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if some of these old west stories are on the net somewhere. I'll see if I can find some a post a link. That would be cool to see in person.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Bear...

Predator vs Prey, vote for the Predator...

I can't think of anything on 4 legs in N America that's a serious threat to a grizzly bear one on one...

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Bear...

Predator vs Prey, vote for the Predator...

I can't think of anything on 4 legs in N America that's a serious threat to a grizzly bear one on one...

Polar bear  

Only real threat to Grizz are on two legs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Discovery channel has a show where they computer model different animals after cunducting mock ups using machinery of how the differnt animals bite and claws work, then put them against eachother.  I have only seen it twice.

Polar Bear Vs Bull Walrus.  Walrus won, Polar bears claws could not get through enough hide to kill and the polar bear could not get a jugular bite, then the walrus managed to get in the water and it tusked the bear in the water.

Grizzly vs Tiger
Grizzly won.  Tiger hurt the crap out of the bear, but a solid swat from the bear managed to break the spine of the tiger and it was done.

Its a fun show.  A bit boring sometimes.  Your just like, hury the hell up and get to the fight.  Then the fight is 2 minutes of the show.  But its still cool.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Grizzly of course. It's going to claw and bite the neck.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#17]
depends on the bull and the bear

domesticated bull vs a grizzlie?  grizzlie

bull cape buffallo vs a grizzlie?  I'd go with the cape buffalo
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Are we talking about the 1986 Chicago Bears?  In that case, my money's on Ditka.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Da Bear(s).

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Bears and bulls will both make you money....

but only a bear will eat you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#21]
what if the bull gets a running start, like at those bullfightng things.....a bear can't possibly be as nimble as one of those Spanish fellas...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#22]
A bull (or buffalo) COULD kill a bear, but odds are in the bear's favor.  Herbivore versus Omnivore.
Critical_Jim,
WELCOME TO AR15.COM!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Definatley the Bear...  Unless the bull learned how to shoot a 45-70!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Bob Swerski: Alright, contestants, here we go. The Final Quiz Masters question is: "Bears vs. Bulls." Write in your answers now, gentlemen. [ music plays ] "Da Bears vs. Da Bulls." [ music ends ] Okay, that was a tough one. Let's see what our contestants said. First, Pat.. [ Pat holds up card with Bulls and Bears scratched out various times ] Looks like Pat ran out of time.. sorry, buddy. [ moves to Carl ] Okay, Carl whattaya have here? [ Carl holds up illegible Bears-Bulls combo ] Eh.. what do you say, Carl?

Carl Wollarski: Well, what do you think it says?

Bob Swerski: [ chuckles ] That's a nice try, Carl! That's okay, that's good.. [ moves to Todd ] Alright, todd says: [ takes Todd's card ] "The senseless waste of pitting these two mighty forces of nature against each other, like matter vs. anti-matter, will be a tragedy, not only for the teams involved.." [ flips card over ] "..but for our planet. All nations must band together, to ensure that such a conflageration never takes place." That is absolutely CORRECT!! Todd, you are da WINNER!! Todd, of course, now you win the grand prize - five minutes in the cheese-fry booth!

[ Todd is led into the booth ]

Here's your bucket of cheese, Todd! Get on in there, we're all proud of you, buddy! Five minutes in the cheese-fry booth. [ machine starts dropping cheese-fries onto Todd ] And there they go! [ Todd collects all the fries he can ]

Okay, the Superbowl's still going on, so stay tuned for a special presentation of "The Blues Brothers". Good night, everybody!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top