Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:54:45 AM EDT
During my morning commute i heard this on the radio

41% of British Muslims said they would not notify authorities if they had knowledge of a planned terrorist attack

I wonder what that number is Here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably similiar if not higher....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like they need to start rounding muslims up and shipping them out.

Yeah, I said it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
During my morning commute i head this on the radio

41% of British Muslims said they would not notify authorities if they had knowledge of a planned terrorist attack

Why do people all of a sudden hate their own countries and want them destroyed?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because you forget...a true muslim is only loyal to his religion, all other things come behind. That is what is worrisome to me with so many muslims in this country. If push comes to shove, many of them will side with islam, not the USA....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because you forget...a true muslim is only loyal to his religion, all other things come behind. That is what is worrisome to me with so many muslims in this country. If push comes to shove, many of them will side with islam, not the USA....

I just re-read the above original post ... it said "British Muslims" .. I was thinking they polled non-Muslims. Now, I am not surprised by that number.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
OK so 41% will do the right thing...want about the other 59%? are they backing the bombers?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK so 41% will do the right thing...want about the other 59%? are they backing the bombers?

41% said they would NOT notify authorities ...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#8]
duh, my mistake, was reading too quick, actually was talking to MrsWind about new leather...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like most immigrants in the U.S. today, the majority of Muslims here want to be Muslims living in America, not American Muslims. Now as for the Muslims that are American born and raised, I believe there are some who don't overtly and complicitly back terrorist actions, but they aren't about to speak out about them either.

And as far as the poll numbers if taken here, I believe that number would be equal or higher.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

you got it backwards brother 41 percent would sit back in silence and let you and your family die...
if there is mutual hatred on both sides, how can all out war be far away?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Deport every single person of middle eastern decent. Then let them re-enter under much stricter guidelines.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#12]
makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that the NAtion of Islam is doing sensetivity training for the
N.O. Police dept
or so i hear
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
During my morning commute i heard this on the radio

Everyone look long and hard at that report.

Then buy more ammo.

That is all.

They're treating it like "war," which it is.

We're not (Yet.).

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#14]
scary shit
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like most immigrants in the U.S. today, the majority of Muslims here want to be Muslims living in America, not American Muslims. Now as for the Muslims that are American born and raised, I believe there are some who don't overtly and complicitly back terrorist actions, but they aren't about to speak out about them either.

And as far as the poll numbers if taken here, I believe that number would be equal or higher.

you got some figures to back that statement up? I'm an immigrant and I chose to become an American. at my oath ceremony there were people of all different colors and they all wanted to become Americans too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#16]
how many of those 911 muslims had blue eyes?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you got some figures to back that statement up? I'm an immigrant and I chose to become an American. at my oath ceremony there were people of all different colors and they all wanted to become Americans too.

I have no figures to back that up.  That said, when you look around and see large communities in different states (Houston, TX is a good example, as well as some in California) where street signs and billboards are printed in Chinese, Spanish, Korean, and any other multitude of languages, that tells me that far too many immigrants to this country are not as interested in assimilating their cultures into America's, as they are in living their lives in America as immigrants.

Our country was made richer by the diversity and shared experiences and cultures of many countries, but I fear that day in America has come and gone. We're seeing far too many immigrants enter this country (some I've heard, even illegally) that want to benefit from the social programs and economic opportunity, but have little desire to invest themselves into making America stronger by becoming Americans. I wouldn't for a minute say all immigrants, but far too many. And heck yes, I'd put Muslims at the top of that list.

Congratulations on becoming an American citizen. I did the same thing when I was seventeen years old.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn ROPers!(Old man fist shake)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top