Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/29/2013 2:30:43 AM EST
Rather than learning from other peoples' mistakes, our federal government seems to be a mistake factory.

A plan to create the world's largest single civilian computer system linking all parts of the National Health Service is to be abandoned by the British Government.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/nhs-pulls-the-plug-on-its-11bn-it-system-2330906.html
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:45:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
Rather than learning from other peoples' mistakes, our federal government seems to be a mistake factory.

A plan to create the world's largest single civilian computer system linking all parts of the National Health Service is to be abandoned by the British Government.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/nhs-pulls-the-plug-on-its-11bn-it-system-2330906.html
View Quote

That article was from 2011. Although it's pretty much disbanded there are still outstanding costs still to be paid two years later, as far as I understand it
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:47:14 AM EST
Learn lessons from stinking foreigners. Who the hell do you think we are? No, rather than that we are going to use the very company that failed to build a successful gun registry for Canada.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:01:44 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Learn lessons from stinking foreigners. Who the hell do you think we are? No, rather than that we are going to use the very company that failed to build a successful gun registry for Canada.
View Quote

Why the surprise? It's what they like to do. Having it work as never intended.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:04:12 AM EST
If I remember correctly a certain someone was quoted to something like: "we would all benefit if we were more like Europe"

well, on this topic.....I think you are correct.
Top Top