Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2002 8:49:46 AM EDT
I use Break Free for lubing my guns. I have finally used up two spare cans from several years ago and started using a newer can I purchased. Man-what did they do, the stuff in the new can STINKS! Not how it works, but the smell. Do I have a bad can or does anyone else think the same?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Sacrilege!!!! The CLP Inquisition will be beating down your doors shortly!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, it does stink.   I miss the good old smell of regular gun oil.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad I bought a bunch to stash years ago. And no I will not sell them.   [;D]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#4]
The company changed the formulation about two years ago. Check the archives for back threads. IIRC, they dropped the teflon after proving to the Feds that it wasn't a  necessary component. I don't recall what other changes they made.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The aerosol smells terrible but the bottled stuff smells fine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be looking for a bottle of the stuff then. You not only want your guns to look good, but to smell good too!!

I guessing they changed the formula in the aerosol cans because of freekheads somehow using the aerosol for frying their brains. Don't know for sure, but if they didn't change the formula or smell of the bottled product, that would be my guess.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I read somewhere that Calvin Cline is coming out with a musk-scented CLP to be marketed under the trade name "Penetration".  Or, just mix 2 parts CLP with one part Old Spice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I can see it now.. Black Market "old" CLP  [:)]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I have some pre-ban, NIB (New In Bottle), if anyone is interested...
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I read somewhere that Calvin Cline is coming out with a musk-scented CLP to be marketed under the trade name "Penetration".  Or, just mix 2 parts CLP with one part Old Spice.
View Quote

I imagine that concoction would smell like cat shit.[puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top