Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 12:58:59 PM EDT
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35794401/ns/today-today_people/?GT1=43001

There is no mistaking the terror in the boy’s voice. On the 911 recording, you can feel it like a physical object.

“They come. They come. They open and ring the door. They have guns. Can you come, really fast? And bring soldiers, too,” the unidentified 7-year-old says in 911 tapes played on TODAY Wednesday. He gasps for breath after each burst of words, his voice filled with urgency.

“They” were three men who had forced their way Tuesday morning into a home in Norwalk, Calif., a town in suburban Los Angeles. While the men held the boy’s mother and father at gunpoint, the boy and his 6-year-old sister hid in a bathroom and called 911.

Although clearly terrified, the boy stays on the line and concisely answers the female dispatcher’s questions.

“Where are you in the house?” she asks.

“Inside the bathroom,” he says.

“Who’s with you?”

“My sister.”

“How old is she?”

“Six years old,” the boy answers, panting audibly with anxiety. “Can you come really fast? Hurry up.”

‘Don’t hang up’
Outside, the three men, all described by KTLA-TV as being 200 pounds or more, threatened the boy’s parents and announced their intention to burglarize the house.

As Los Angeles sheriff’s deputies rushed to the home, the dispatcher attempted to get more information.

“Stay on the line with me. Don’t hang up,” she told the boy. “Listen to me. We’re coming to help you. But just listen to me, OK?”

“OK,” the boy replies.

“When you were in the house, tell me exactly what happened, OK? Just stay where you are and don’t hang up whatever you do,” the dispatcher continues.

The boy started to respond, saying, “OK. The guys, they have …”

At that point, blood-curdling screams fill the tape. The home invaders had heard his voice and had broken into the bathroom. Deputies said one of the suspects grabbed the boy and asked who he called.

“911,” the boy said.

When the suspects heard that, they fled the house, driving away in a car without taking anything or harming anyone, deputies said.

“If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, this might have ended tragically,” said sheriff's Capt. Pat Maxwell.

The three men remain at large.

WTF - I thought criminals weren't allowed to have guns anywhere- especially in California?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing but a tapestry of lies.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
yep
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35794401/ns/today-today_people/?GT1=43001
There is no mistaking the terror in the boy’s voice. On the 911 recording, you can feel it like a physical object.

“They come. They come. They open and ring the door. They have guns. Can you come, really fast? And bring soldiers, too,” the unidentified 7-year-old says in 911 tapes played on TODAY Wednesday. He gasps for breath after each burst of words, his voice filled with urgency.

“They” were three men who had forced their way Tuesday morning into a home in Norwalk, Calif., a town in suburban Los Angeles. While the men held the boy’s mother and father at gunpoint, the boy and his 6-year-old sister hid in a bathroom and called 911.

Although clearly terrified, the boy stays on the line and concisely answers the female dispatcher’s questions.

“Where are you in the house?” she asks.

“Inside the bathroom,” he says.

“Who’s with you?”

“My sister.”

“How old is she?”

“Six years old,” the boy answers, panting audibly with anxiety. “Can you come really fast? Hurry up.”

‘Don’t hang up’

Outside, the three men, all described by KTLA-TV as being 200 pounds or more, threatened the boy’s parents and announced their intention to burglarize the house.

As Los Angeles sheriff’s deputies rushed to the home, the dispatcher attempted to get more information.

“Stay on the line with me. Don’t hang up,” she told the boy. “Listen to me. We’re coming to help you. But just listen to me, OK?”

“OK,” the boy replies.

“When you were in the house, tell me exactly what happened, OK? Just stay where you are and don’t hang up whatever you do,” the dispatcher continues.

The boy started to respond, saying, “OK. The guys, they have …”

At that point, blood-curdling screams fill the tape. The home invaders had heard his voice and had broken into the bathroom. Deputies said one of the suspects grabbed the boy and asked who he called.

“911,” the boy said.

When the suspects heard that, they fled the house, driving away in a car without taking anything or harming anyone, deputies said.

“If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, this might have ended tragically,” said sheriff's Capt. Pat Maxwell.

The three men remain at large.

WTF - I thought criminals weren't allowed to have guns anywhere- especially in California?

They got them from across the border in America...Oh, wait.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
They interviewed the dispatcher.  When the children started screaming at the end of the call, it scared her to death.  She knew they were being taken and possibly killed right then.  The 911 call is something to listen to.

Hope they catch them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw that this morning on the news.

Is it not true?

Sounded damned convincing on tape.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet if you ask this husband and wife the question of the day that they are wish they had guns in their hands the moment the burglary was happening.

Don't know if they're gun owners or not- but goes to show, shit happens and I'd rather have an equalizer and fight my way out, than be at their mercy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
the sad thing is that the father may to wait to arm himself due to CA law.

FUCK DROS.

Kindly spoken from an Oregonian.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

???

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I want an MP3 of that phone call to play to all my liberal friends and family who laugh at the thought of having a weapon in your home for self defense, that it's not needed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope the shitbirds that broke into the house are caught/shot by police
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Would have never happened if the dad had one of these.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#12]
This is an example of why you want a pistol you can keep with you at all times in your own home, versus a shotgun in the closet or worse, a gun locked up somewhere "safe".

It sounds a little "Defcon 2" to have a pistol on you at all times but anything less than that isn't going to help you against 3 armed dudes who just bust into your house without warning while you're watching TV in the living room or whatever.  These people were probably under gunpoint before they had any chance to get to a gun stored anywhere further away than their pocket.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
the sad thing is that the father may to wait to arm himself due to CA law.

FUCK DROS.

Kindly spoken from an Oregonian.

Fuck proper grammar too right? Who the hell needs to know what you just said right?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#14]
The men are described as 200 lbs or more.

....and are still at large
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Bastards!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a five year old boy. That 911 tape made the hair on my spine go straight.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#17]
“911,” the boy said.

That takes some balls.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Would have never happened if the dad had one of these.

http://www.doolwind.com/images/blog/phalanx.jpg

I think all we would have known from the incident involving would be -

Dad on the rampage clears up home dispute with extreme predjiduce while exercising common sence, problem resolved and cleanup will continue for some time. In other news.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#19]
WOW
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

???

Sarcasm. (Strict guns laws disarm criminals, therefore this story can't be true.)

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#21]
How about... "OK, the police are on the way. Stay quiet so they don't find you"
As opposed to: "The police are on the way. The bad guys haven't found you yet? Keep talking out loud so they can hear you."

If it were my kid, I'd want to slap the dispatcher for putting my son's life at risk, just so she can pump him for more information.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Not in my house.

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!!!

"Hello dispatch? Send the coroner...no rush."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top