Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:09:56 AM EDT
I got this (I know!) in my email:

The Boxer-Warner-Lieberman Gas Tax Hike bill is being debated in the Senate.
If adopted, this bill will lead to an increase in gas prices by as much as $3.00 per gallon in the next two decades.
Call the Senate switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and urge your Senators to vote against the Boxer-Warner-Lieberman Gas Tax Hike.  Tell them that gas prices are high enough and we need real solutions, not more taxes.
Thank you for your help to keep our drive to lower gas prices alive.
Visit www.AmericanSolutions.com/DrillNow for more ways you can help.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Thoughts?
Uhh it sucks donkey balls?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I propose a new law tax. Every time Congress passes a new law each Congressman that voted for it has to pay $10,000 out of their own pocket.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Many have openly stated that they want gas prices higher to discourage use.  Boxer herself has stated that she wants to nationalize the oil industry.  Lieberman and Warner love the Cap and Trade scheme.

What do I think?  These people are bad news.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I propose a new law tax. Every time Congress passes a new law each Congressman that voted for it has to pay $10,000 out of their own pocket.

10k would just get added to their kick back money
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I like it. That or a matching funds bill.

For every tax dollar collected, the congress must match that amount from their own pocketbooks,
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice of them to propose this in an election year.  Brilliant.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nice of them to propose this in an election year.  Brilliant.

But is this real, or another "Bill Gates will send you $7,541.69 for every person you forward this email to!" type of thing?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#9]
While I think it would cut down on use, the problem with gas prices isn't so much that they ARE high, it's that they increased so much so quickly (doubled since 2004).  That makes it hard to budget for, especially for lower income people.

I'd rather they just leave it the fuck alone and let it go up on it's own.

I am somewhat concerned that gas prices will continue to go up, so I am considering two wheeled transportation.  Now might be a good time to buy something to that end.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
<snip>

Thoughts?

There are but a handful of [Neal Boortz voice] lawmakers [/ Neal Boortz voice]  that shouldn't be hung by the neck until dead.

how's that?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
While I think it would cut down on use, the problem with gas prices isn't so much that they ARE high, it's that they increased so much so quickly (doubled since 2004).  That makes it hard to budget for, especially for lower income people.

I'd rather they just leave it the fuck alone and let it go up on it's own.

I am somewhat concerned that gas prices will continue to go up, so I am considering two wheeled transportation.  Now might be a good time to buy something to that end.  
This bill isn't just about transportation.  It is about the survival of businesses and companies.

Under this bill, some bureaucrat will arbitrarily decide just how much CO2 that company can expel.  If they want more, they will have to purchase more carbon allotments from someone who hasn't used their allotment up.

You name it, just about everyone will be adversely affected.  Food prices will sore, possibly even become scarce.  Building materials, electricity, furniture.  This bill challenges our very freedom and our lively hoods.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

Thoughts?

There are but a handful of [Neal Boortz voice] lawmakers [/ Neal Boortz voice]  that shouldn't be hung by the neck until dead.

how's that?
Yep.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#13]
S.3036

Title: A bill to direct the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to establish a program to decrease emissions of greenhouse gases, and for other purposes.

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:S3036:

DO NOT FUCKING WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This bill would KILL the whole country.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Word is it will die in the Senate.
It needs to die, this bill is a turd.

I love how we are now legislating taxes based on an unsubstantiated and unprovable theory (Global warming being caused by man made CO2). If that theory proves to be wrong, do you think the tax will go away? Not likely.

Many scientists now theorize that global warming is in fact occuring, but that it is a natural earth cycle, not man made, and that we are actually heading into a new ice age as part of that natural global cycle.

If that occurs, I love to be around to see the "man made global warming" crowd become the laughingstock, but probably only my great grandchildren will see that.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]

After spelling out how ‘Cap and Trade’ is Marxism, Mark Levin spoke with Senator Jim Inhofe about the “6 point 7 trillion” dollar Lieberman-Warner bill currently under consideration:

marklevinfan.com/?p=2668

Take the time to listen...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Those dolts couldn't fix a lemonade stand, much less an energy policy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

After spelling out how ‘Cap and Trade’ is Marxism, Mark Levin spoke with Senator Jim Inhofe about the “6 point 7 trillion” dollar Lieberman-Warner bill currently under consideration:

marklevinfan.com/?p=2668

Ugh. I don't support the bill. But I'd rather take a dremel to my ear canals than listen to Mark Levin's nasal squeal.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
S.3036

Title: A bill to direct the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to establish a program to decrease emissions of greenhouse gases, and for other purposes.

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:S3036:

DO NOT FUCKING WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This bill would give control of the whole country to the dim-wit-craps.

global warming is an excuse for the left in the US to increase their control.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Cap and trade is VERY  BAD.  Why?  A cap is a block on new industry, effectively creating a monopoly of these industries.

Yes, cap and trade was used for sulfur and HC emissions BUT it allowed industries to buy old cars off the road for trade.  There wasn't a cap.

The hardest hit will be coal fired power plants.  It would make electric cars more expensive to operate than even gasoline cars.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#20]
How do these brain dead fuckers stay living? In a third world country they would be be made to disappear or rounded up and put out in the hills in prison camps for re-eddication,here we just keep re-electing the bastards
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys are forgetting heating oil!!...........$4.50 a gallon this week.............Forget driving I want to keep my kids warm!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You guys are forgetting heating oil!!...........$4.50 a gallon this week.............Forget driving I want to keep my kids warm!!!!

Convert to natural gas.

Get a New England LNG terminal.

Enjoy clean heat.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Cap and trade is VERY  BAD.  Why?  A cap is a block on new industry, effectively creating a monopoly of these industries.

Yes, cap and trade was used for sulfur and HC emissions BUT it allowed industries to buy old cars off the road for trade.  There wasn't a cap.

The hardest hit will be coal fired power plants.  It would make electric cars more expensive to operate than even gasoline cars.  
Spot on.

It caps business.  Cap=no growth. There isn't a single variable in the US economy that isn't directly influenced by energy.

What is going to happen as our population increases?  These Senators (McLaim included) are absolute imbeciles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Convert to natural gas.

Enjoy clean heat.

electric heat systems work quite well also.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Convert to natural gas.

Enjoy clean heat.

Re-doing your furnace is not exactly free...

Nick
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Why in the hell would we want to start taxing oil while we are at record prices, which I am sure in 2010 oil will be double what it is now.

Liberman is fucking crazy
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Convert to natural gas.

Enjoy clean heat.

Nick

Actually the only redoing when we switched (when we lived in Canada) was throwing the old furnace out.  We went to electic radiators permanently installed in each room, worked very well, even in extreme Quebec winters, and the cost of heating was far less.
Best move we ever did. I hate natural gas for heating.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Convert to natural gas.

Enjoy clean heat.

Nick

Actually the only redoing when we switched (when we lived in Canada) was throwing the old furnace out.  We went to electic radiators permanently installed in each room, worked very well, even in extreme Quebec winters, and the cost of heating was far less.

NG is 1/6th the cost per therm compared to electric.  #2 is about the same as electric.

The PITA is the infrastructure needed for gas.  Heating oil was a replacement for coal as it didn't need to be shoveled and has no cinders to deal with.  Gas came into favor with inexpensive pipe.  Retrofits of existing subdivisions has become practical with the use of trenchless methods but it requires proximity of source.

Propane is another option but its price is far from stable.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Convert to natural gas.

Enjoy clean heat.

Nick

NG is 1/6th the cost per therm compared to electric.  #2 is about the same as electric.

The PITA is the infrastructure needed for gas.  Heating oil was a replacement for coal as it didn't need to be shoveled and has no cinders to deal with.  Gas came into favor with inexpensive pipe.  Retrofits of existing subdivisions has become practical with the use of trenchless methods but it requires proximity of source.

Better still is burning wood.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Convert to natural gas.

Enjoy clean heat.

Nick

Better still is burning wood.

Heats you 6 times!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Convert to natural gas.

Enjoy clean heat.

Why not just tell th OP to move to Florida ?

Some folks seem to be home but the lights aren't on.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Why in the hell would we want to start taxing oil while we are at record prices, which I am sure in 2010 oil will be double what it is now.

Lieberman is fucking crazy

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

After spelling out how ‘Cap and TradeRestrict and Tax is Marxism, Mark Levin spoke with Senator Jim Inhofe about the “6 point 7 trillion” dollar Lieberman-Warner bill currently under consideration:

marklevinfan.com/?p=2668

Call it what it is.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I agree with that + lets get these guys out of there!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If adopted, this bill will lead to an increase in gas prices by as much as $3.00 per gallon in the next two decades.
Call the Senate switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and urge your Senators to vote against the Boxer-Warner-Lieberman Gas Tax Hike.  Tell them that gas prices are high enough and we need real solutions, not more taxes.

Thoughts?

Thats really going to start cutting into my hooker and blow budget...we have to do something about this.

At this point I am ready for things to fall apart so the strong of the nation can once again build it back up to what it should be.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#36]
More laws? The only new laws we need are laws getting rid of current BS laws then a border fence and deportation law.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Convert to natural gas.

Enjoy clean heat.

Not so much on the east coast...

Electricity is rather expensive there...

WA may be one of the few places in the US where electricity is cheap enough to use it for almost everything (due to lots of hydro power)
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thoughts?

Thats really going to start cutting into my hooker and blow budget...we have to do something about this.

At this point I am ready for things to fall apart so the strong of the nation can once again build it back up to what it should be.

If the nation falls apart, you will get a dictatorship (fascist or communist, one of the two) in it's place...

The folks you see as 'The Strong' aren't near strong enough...

Sorry... Status Quo or Hell-on-Earth...

Those are your 2 choices...

No way around it...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thoughts?

If the nation falls apart, you will get a dictatorship (fascist or communist, one of the two) in it's place...

The folks you see as 'The Strong' aren't near strong enough...

Sorry... Status Quo or Hell-on-Earth...

Those are your 2 choices...

No way around it...

I do not accept that logic, because there are plenty left in this country to build a strong nation once again without a dictatorship.  Why because our boys that are in the military now will not follow suit with the morons of congress and government.  I have no proof of this other than the sample that I know and have known, and representative samples are usually a good indicator.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#40]

A) gas has gone up $3 in the last 7 years. At this rate of increase, after 2 decades, gas will be $20/gal and another $3 in taxes will not be "all that much".

B) having gas at thigh prices will induce the market to provide small cars with great gas milage, consumers will buy these to remedy the high gasoline prices, and over time the amount of oil we consume may go down markedly. Therby rectifying the situation.

C) If we don't strengthen the dollar, it won't matter anyway.....
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#41]
You know, if a REAL conservative had the nads to play this up as it needs to be, you'd not see the socialists in power save for certain "safe states". Sadly, McCain is EXACTLY like these POS socialists are, he has as much in common with America anymore as a marshmallow has with a steak.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top