Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:21:15 AM EDT
Chariot Cougar 1.  $800 well spent.    What is better than being outside in beautiful Colorado, with my daughter, who appears to love it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Stay out of puddles (or sand).
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#2]
$800?

On an infant carrier that you'll get about 4 years of use?

I need a better paying job.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Stay out of puddles (or sand).

Actually there is a 2 stage, roll down cover.  One with just a screen, and the following is a flexible clear plastic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$800?

I searched for a used one, but apparently they keep their value darn well.  $50-100 less for well used ones.  People told me these things tend to stay in families and get passed around - I believe it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#5]
What a ripoff.  I'd pay $250 for that, tops.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Better put a fender on your rear wheel, or little baby is going to get a rock to the face at some point.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:28:23 AM EDT
[#7]
$800?! Damn, I would of just bolted a car seat to a radio flyer and called it a day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

$800?

After the little girl has grown out of it, it will make a wonderful 3 Gun cart.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, actually it was about $600.  The the additional attachments and what not pushed it to about $780.

When you break down the amount I'll pay in depreciation versus the enjoyment in hours I'll have with my kid, I'm not complaining.  Better than slapping her in front of the TV watching crap like many do.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Thought about one of those but read the running adapter, (which is what it would be used for most of the time,) was somewhat crappy and when we tested one the Cougars are heavy while running. We decided to get a BoB Revolution that can be used for running, hiking and general stroller use not to mention they're a third less, if the running setup was better maybe the Charoit would be a good bet Ibut it's primarily for bike use.

Enjoy....
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#11]
A $100 model will do the same thing
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#12]
She's a little cutie!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:38:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Too much money but very cool and cool pic of the daughter, it looks like she is using the Jedi mind trick on you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you wake her up from her nap? lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I like my $800 trailer, too.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you say the same about firearms?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Cute kid.

I wanted a trailer that would convert to a good stroller, but my mother-in-law found a reasonable one at a yard sale, so I got what I got. There was a lot of sand spray, so she put a second layer of finer netting inside the original.

We had a good time with ours.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thought about one of those but read the running adapter, (which is what it would be used for most of the time,) was somewhat crappy and when we tested one the Cougars are heavy while running. We decided to get a BoB Revolution that can be used for running, hiking and general stroller use not to mention they're a third less, if the running setup was better maybe the Charoit would be a good bet Ibut it's primarily for bike use.

Enjoy....

Yeah, these are meant to be trailers, and convert to strollers.  The BoB are running strollers.  I'm not a runner.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Kids' heads aren't large enough to wear helmets until they're about 2 years old.  

The trailer by itself does not provide adequate protection and is not impact rated.

Just in case anyone cares.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kids' heads aren't large enough to wear helmets until they're about 2 years old.  

The trailer by itself does not provide adequate protection and is not impact rated.

I often wonder how I, and people my age and younger, survived.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I hope you don't use the bike's true potential with the trailer hooked up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy....

Yeah, these are meant to be trailers, and convert to strollers.  The BoB are running strollers.  I'm not a runner.

Wife is a serious one, doing 5+ miles in a Chariot would be questionable due to it's weight and handle-bar height do to my wife's height. When it comes time to pull my kid behind my Mtn bike I'll pick up something cheap on CL. Again, those ARE nice units very well built for the bike towing purpose and it sounds like you could easily justify the cost.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hope you don't use the bike's true potential with the trailer hooked up.

Nah, I'm a roadie.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Just keep it to the right of the white line  Bucko  !

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, actually it was about $600.  The the additional attachments and what not pushed it to about $780.

When you break down the amount I'll pay in depreciation versus the enjoyment in hours I'll have with my kid, I'm not complaining.  Better than slapping her in front of the TV watching crap like many do.

Ignore the haters. Spending quality time with your daughter is priceless.

Edit: because my dad didn't have time for me and it hampered my ability to play nice with others.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#26]

I could get all my kids and their friends in there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignore the haters. They'll spend a lot more bailing their daughters out of jail in a few years.

Well fuck you very much for insulting my daughters. You're a class act.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignore the haters. They'll spend a lot more bailing their daughters out of jail in a few years.

[yoda]Too seriously, this post, you have taken.[/yoda]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#30]
@ Brak. Your post got the better of me. What can I say, I have daddy issues. I'll go edit it in the spirit of not further shitting on a daddy daughter thread.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#31]

I cringe whenever I see those, I can't help it.

I can't help but think of someone being rear ended, or hit by a auto-mobile in general, with their kid in one.

But if you are a safe rider, in a safe area, then more power to you. I hope you get on well with it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you say the same about firearms?
I'd be willing to bet if you towed a $100 model or the $800 without knowing which one you were towing, you wouldn't know the difference.

But it's your money so enjoy.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#33]
For some reason doing that just doesn't seem safe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[yoda]Too seriously, this post, you have taken.[/yoda]

Yeah, you're probably right.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#35]

I just sold a BOB jogging stoller that was so old it was before they named then.

BOB refered to it as a legacy trailer

I got $250 for it.  They hold their value and this trailer will as well.  alot of times you lose $50 if you can hold out on craigslist.

Look at what bike people spend on wheels and you will undertsand that $800 for a trailer is nothing.

Heck my last seatpost cost $150

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I just sold a BOB jogging stoller that was so old it was before they named then.

BOB refered to it as a legacy trailer

I got $250 for it.  They hold their value and this trailer will as well.  alot of times you lose $50 if you can hold out on craigslist.

Look at what bike people spend on wheels and you will undertsand that $800 for a trailer is nothing.

Heck my last seatpost cost $150

Yep, one of the reasons we opted for the BoB plus we scored 20% off list so providing we don't fuck up ours we can re-sale it for about what we paid for it in a few years. Same is true with the Chariots, re-sale values are close to new *IF* you can find them. The OP wanted the best for his kid that fit his purposes, I don't see an issue with it. The Chariots are extremely well built and as long as you're using it for a bike carrier in a safe area it will serve the OP well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks great. If I were a cyclist I would get one.

How old is your daughter? She looks about the same age as mine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I often wonder how I, and people my age and younger, survived.

You mean without $800 bicycle trailers?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#40]
OP, what kind of MTB is that?  I can't see the labels well enough....
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Well yeah, when you only buy half of a fork you can afford to spurge on a trailer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Very nice
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Does it come with a 12 point roll cage? Hit a pot hole and it could get ugly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top