Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 7:20:50 AM EDT
I believe I racked up more posts than kbaker.  I believe my last straw was posting one of ar15.com's animations:

[50]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I've already got an MG-34 and an M1919-A4 (non-firing display pieces of course).

I'm thinking about a good bolt-action rifle, perhaps a Remington in 308 or a magnum caliber.  Or a collectable handgun.  Or an M1A.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
What was your handle?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
AHA!  I figured out why they kicked me off of DU.

On a thread about the NAACP's absurd lawsuit against the gun industry, I posted one of Oleg Volk's fine posters:

[img]http://www.mcrgo.org/photos/s_agreementv.jpg[/img]

Man, those people have some strange sensitivities.  I didn't even write the "N" word!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What was your handle?
View Quote

OK, I can come out of the closet:

nick_danger

[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude, that is awesome, someone should go over there and just start inserting olegs photos into all the threads, bring up old ones and put em in new ones.

Kid, you owned them!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Skinner has been purging users all over the place and tightened up the posting policies to ban any anti-Demo speech.  The mods have kicked out most of the outspoken Green and Libertarian contributors including some with very high post counts.

The old policy required that new users post 100 responses before they were allowed to start a thread.  The number has been increased to some higher figure that is kept secret.

People who pride themselves on tolerance and acceptance sure make fine hypocrites.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#8]
California Kid,

I got booted off DU too! My handle was Mountain Democrat.

Apparently when-posing as liberal- I suggested celebrating in the street the death of a local republican some folks got upset about it. Said I should do it privately. Some said publicly.

My post was to see how the liberals would react. Some of them are real scumbags.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey CRC, I liked Mountain Democrat.

Some of the folks on DU are reasonable and rational.  I like CO Liberal.  I think that he and I could meet in person and get along quite well.

There are some super-rabid ones.  I did not get along at all with Catpower2000, who wants to ban all guns.  A lot of them seem to be very young and naive though intelligent.  I'm thinking of ThinkTank in particular.

They've been propagandized by the left in the exact manner they accuse the pro-RKBA people of being brainwashed by the right.

I need a shower.  I'm going to peek at DU once a week or so, and spend a lot more time here and at the range.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Those people scare me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I think you should buy a Ruger SS synthetic stock Assault-Hunting type rifle.  A Kruger Mini14 would be even better!  :)

Shok
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I stopped trusting liberals(the current definition of the term) when an anti-gun news person shot an unarmed naked guy for swimming in his pool.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Nick_Danger always seemed too reasonable to me. I liked your posts-especially about "sniper rifles". It surprised me they had a few pro-gun Demos on their though. Is it true Nick Danger never owned guns yet advocated armed defense?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nick_Danger always seemed too reasonable to me. I liked your posts-especially about "sniper rifles". It surprised me they had a few pro-gun Demos on their though. Is it true Nick Danger never owned guns yet advocated armed defense?

CRC
View Quote

I only lied about two things on DU:  The part about not owning any guns, and my name being Nick Danger.  Actually I own a small collection of mostly C&Rs.  I have an AR-15 or three, and some sporting arms.

I never said I was a Democrat or that I voted for Gore.  Had to step around those issues carefully.  The policy is to welcome "Democrats of all stripes".  Considering that I was a Democrat (now independent), I consider myself a disaffected Democrat or former Democrat.

[:D]

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That would be Mike Royko - hypocrite.
View Quote

BigBear, it wasn't Mike Royko.  I know who you guys are talking about, but his name escapes me at this moment.  He was a prominent black news columnist in the DC area, very anti-gun.  He shot a guy taking a dip in his swimming pool with what he claimed was his FBI son's pistol.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was your handle?
View Quote

OK, I can come out of the closet:

nick_danger

View Quote

HA! I enjoyed your posts too. Are you really sure you've been banned?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
California Kid,

I got booted off DU too! My handle was Mountain Democrat.

Apparently when-posing as liberal- I suggested celebrating in the street the death of a local republican some folks got upset about it. Said I should do it privately. Some said publicly.

My post was to see how the liberals would react. Some of them are real scumbags.

CRC
View Quote

Oh, jeez. I liked your posts too! How can you tell if you have been banned?

BTW, the liberals don't have a lock on the scumbag thing.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
HA! I enjoyed your posts too. Are you really sure you've been banned?
View Quote

Thanks, likewise.

I haven't been completely kicked out.  I can still get to my profile but not my Inbox.  Posting privileges have been revoked, and my profile shows the tombstone (which I think I'll make into a signature here).  I'm in the same state that Indiana Green was until a few days ago.

I've been muzzled like a bad dog.

[img]http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/Images/dead_freeper.jpg[/img]

Pretty cool for Halloween, eh?

BTW - I have never posted on Free Republic.  I don't even have a handle there.  I am not now, nor have I ever been a freeper!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Pretty amazing that they do that. Perhaps you should return as nikki_peligro (spanish for danger) or something similar...
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#23]
100 replies (now even more) before you can post?!?

That does it, get over there and take every single post OFF TOPIC.

"I don't mean to take this off topic but I can't post yet so...."

Almost as bad as Bartcop where posts are "submitted for approval" before they are posted.

The upside is most people won't waste their time posting under those conditions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top