Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 10:58:31 PM EDT
pretty good flick, plus Faye Dunaway looked pretty good back in the day
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]

I always liked that one too.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Another good movie is Badlands, based on Charles Starkweather's killing spree.

It sort of has a Bonnie and Clyde thing going because his companion is a teenage girl.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It sort of has a Bonnie and Clyde thing going because his companion is a teenage girl.

hmm, looks interesting
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Badlands, IIRC, was quite a bit more disturbing, I think of one point where Sheen's character promised he wasn't going to kill some old guy/ and then shot him several times or something.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Bonnie and Clyde is a very decent film. Faye Dunaway was hot in it.

I loved the Earl Scruggs' music on the chase scenes: Foggy Mountain Breakdown, a Grammy winning song.

A LOT of people discovered that they liked banjo music; it was a good break for Earl Scruggs, RIP.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Bonnie & Clyde, filmed in Wapanuka, OK...wahoo!

(can you guess where my family is from?)
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember reading that it was a rather shockingly violent film for the time.  Obviously, it's a gangster movie, and a lot of other war movies and westerns were out then, so I always wondered why it was so 'shocking'.

Apparently it was the first film to show the actual result of being shot.  As in, in one frame, no cut-away shot.  Guy pulls trigger while other guy gets the blood spray.  'Back Then' it was always a quick cut away shot to show the victim gripping his gut and wincing.  Once I realized that, yeah, it would be quite dramatic to witness that level of realism for the first time.  Most of the other movies were violent, but yeah, guys just fall over, a lot less blood.  It set of the grindhouse hyper-violent and gory films of the early 70's.

Anyway, great film.  And, while not 100% accurate, I really how they did the ending.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:56:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I just watched Bonnie and Clyde a few weeks ago.  I didn't like it much, had that who 60s counter-culture anti-hero thing going, making the murdering bankrobbers into romantic rebels and the police who hunted them villains.  

The way they treated Frank Hamer was especially disgusting.  Hamer was a true hero and not the cowardly fool the film made out.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Most women look good "in their day".
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]
She was too flat chested for me
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just watched Bonnie and Clyde a few weeks ago.  I didn't like it much, had that who 60s counter-culture anti-hero thing going, making the murdering bankrobbers into romantic rebels and the police who hunted them villains.  

The way they treated Frank Hamer was especially disgusting.  Hamer was a true hero and not the cowardly fool the film made out.

Most GD threads about Bonnie and Clyde do the same thing  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I skipped school to go see it when it came out.was good for the time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most GD threads about Bonnie and Clyde do the same thing  

It's a storytelling device meant to fuck with the audience's head and make them question why they are so drawn into a story about horrible people doing terrible things to innocent bystanders.  Read up on the mechanics of the antihero.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Its good..this one I always liked more with Warren Oates/Ben Johnson

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069976/
its on Netflix worth a watch if you've never seen it!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Bonnie & Clyde were like old school Natural Born Killers.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Filmed in and around Van Alstyne and southern Grayson county Texas.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Filmed in and around Van Alstyne and southern Grayson county Texas.

Didn't Springsteen do a song about that too?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow looked NOTHING like Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. . . . .

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Badlands, IIRC, was quite a bit more disturbing, I think of one point where Sheen's character promised he wasn't going to kill some old guy/ and then shot him several times or something.

The true story was pretty sick.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It kicked up a bit of controversy because of that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Seeing it as a 6 year old, I was in awe of the guy getting shot in the head and living (for a while).
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Bonnie & Clyde were like old school Natural Born Killers.  

Yep. My favorite part of the movie is the final scene when they get riddled by Thompsons. (Shoulda been BARs, but Hollywood just loves Tommy Guns.)

Fuck Bonnie & Clyde.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Clyde Barrow was a weasely little homicidal shit. Bonnie was weedy and small. They lived like scum and they died like rabid dogs.

All that movie did was romanticize two people who were better off forgotten as soon as the first shovelful of dirt landed in their faces.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Clyde Barrow was a weasely little homicidal shit. Bonnie was weedy and small. They lived like scum and they died like rabid dogs.

All that movie did was romanticize two people who were better off forgotten as soon as the first shovelful of dirt landed in their faces.

The reality of their lives is really pretty pathetic. Little fucker had a knack for getting ot of tight spots though. Gotta give him that.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reality of their lives is really pretty pathetic. Little fucker had a knack for getting ot of tight spots though. Gotta give him that.

They killed nine cops and four or five "civilians". If only someone had put Captain Hamer on their trail a little sooner...

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Is that you Frank ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top