Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2006 7:14:48 PM EDT
Been on a Bond kick lately. I got a set of every Bond DVD from a hodgie shop in Iraq for about twenty bucks.

What's your favorite Bond movie? And who's your favorite Bond?
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My favorite Bond movie is a toss-up between "Live and Let Die" and "Goldfinger".

Sean Connery would be my favorite Bond.

Roger Moore was "ok" as James Bond, but Pierce Brosnan? Totally unbelievable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My favorite Bond movie is a toss-up between "Live and Let Die" and "Goldfinger".

I'm guessing by your screen name that you like Sean Connery work in general!

Goldfinger.  Dr. No.    I like the old ones.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 4:35:11 AM EDT
[#3]
whichever one had Pussy Galore in it.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 7:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I enjoyed the Roger Moore movies when I was younger.  Probably because they were recent releases at the time.  New gadgets, new cars, hot girls -- you know the drill.   From an acting perspective, I think Connery was the man.   In retrospect, I find the RM movies a bit too quippy.

I've got no issue w/ Brosnan.  I think he did a fine job, if anything, he probably kept the francise alive.   The studio should have intro'd him to replace Moore rather than Dalton.   Very curious to see the new replacement Bond, suffered through 25 minutes of movie previews the other day, and no Bond trailer.     The theater had the new poster in the lobby, so I was hopeful for the trailer.

Quoted:

Goldfinger is one of the best.   Do you expect me to talk?  No Mr Bond, I expect you to die.

Loved the music intro to GoldenEye with Tina Turner.      Die Another Day w/ Madona was pretty good too.

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They all seem to have pussy galore.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Octopussy
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I pretty much liked most of them, except for Die Another Day.

The World is Not Enough is probably my favorite one.  Too many good ones to pick from though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I pretty much liked most of them, except for Die Another Day.

The World is Not Enough is probably my favorite one.  Too many good ones to pick from though.

Opening sequence probably one of the better ones..... But Sean Connery in Goldfinger takes some beating....
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#9]
The best opening sequence in my opinion was Tomorrow Never Dies.  Lots of action even though the story sucked.  I have to say I really dont have a favorite.  I like them all, some more than others.  Same with the actors.  But I think the most realistic actor was Timothy Dalton.  He was a little more hard core and he stayed away from the cheeseness, if that is a word.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Connery - Thunderball
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
 Very curious to see the new replacement Bond, suffered through 25 minutes of movie previews the other day, and no Bond trailer.     The theater had the new poster in the lobby, so I was hopeful for the trailer.

View the teaser trailer here.

It looks like it has potential.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:08:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess its just a generational preference thing, I always thought Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond..

Didn't I hear the new Bond was a blonde guy? WTF is up with that!

edit: I watched the trailer and the blonde Bond dude looks dissapointing, Thats the guy from "Layer Cake" isn't it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've got no issue w/ Brosnan.  I think he did a fine job, if anything, he probably kept the francise alive.   The studio should have intro'd him to replace Moore rather than Dalton.  

They tried to!  Remington Steele had been cancelled, but when a big movie house wanted Brosnan, they reinstated his contract.  I can't remember if they ever made any more TV shows with him.  I just recall he really got the shaft in the deal.
I thought he made a good Bond, also.  He was probably my second favorite, in fact.

Quoted:

edit: I watched the trailer and the blonde Bond dude looks dissapointing, Thats the guy from "Layer Cake" isn't it.

I've never seen layer cake, but he was in Tomb Raider.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Timothy Dalton was vastly underrated as Bond. He put a more serious spin on it in a way, but "The Living Daylights" was incredible, and I thought "License to Kill" was very good too.
Brosnan was a great Bond, but I think the last three movies he did weren't very good. "The World is Not Enough" was decent, but "Tomorrow Never Dies" I think had the worst plot of any Bond movie. And I can say that despite the last movie, because the last movie was so terrible, I usually refuse to acknowledge its existance.
It's a tough call, but between Connery and Moore, I'd have to vote for Moore.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#15]
This one's not my cup of tea.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
My favorites are From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, and Goldeneye.

I love Goldeneye for the AK74, tank, and CZ52 pron.

From Russia With Love had a really good plot.  Goldfinger was just plain fun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The best opening sequence in my opinion was Tomorrow Never Dies.  Lots of action even though the story sucked.  I have to say I really dont have a favorite.  I like them all, some more than others.  Same with the actors.  But I think the most realistic actor was Timothy Dalton.  He was a little more hard core and he stayed away from the cheeseness, if that is a word.  

Can't remember which Dalton movie it was, but when that Semi popped a wheelie slowly and with both rear axles on the ground it was retarded as hell.  Not his fault I guess, but that will ruin a movie for some people.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top