Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 7:41:47 PM EDT
I use police communication radios at work and State Police shut down I-84 both directions at the port of entry for a bomb. I have not heard the outcome as of yet. If it is at the port it most likely was on an interstate truck of some kind. Any increase in activity in other areas? The State dispatcher was reluctant to give us the info on reason for the freeway shut down. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Potato Bomb?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Potato Bomb?

hehe... blow up produce... and send it to PETA.

- BG

Any links about this freeway shutdown?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Potato Bomb?

hehe... blow up produce... and send it to PETA.

- BG

Any links about this freeway shutdown?

No, I heard the call over the State dispatch radio with my own ears and watched the State cops racing to the port of entry from my airplane 1000 feet above Boise. No links required. I just don't know how it ended up and missed the local news while attending to my children, "Get back in bed!" Planerench out
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll tell you what,   terrorists better not be attackin' Idaho OR Utah,  they'll get their f'in asses shot off. Too many homeboys that spend all summer fall and winter shooting things for any terrorists to be successful there.......

plus too low of a population density to  be an attractive place to bomb-
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'll tell you what,   terrorists better not be attackin' Idaho OR Utah,  they'll get their f'in asses shot off.

Damn straight.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll tell you what,   terrorists better not be attackin' Idaho OR Utah,  they'll get their f'in asses shot off. Too many homeboys that spend all summer fall and winter shooting things for any terrorists to be successful there.......

plus too low of a population density to  be an attractive place to bomb-

I'm guessing that it was a false alarm or if not was destined for some more popluated area, Salt Lake City at least. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
September 9, 2004

Bomb Dog Alerts Prompting Closure of I-84

By Melinda O'Malley  and Associated Press

BOISE -  
Interstate 84 is closed east of Boise following a hazardous material incident at the state's east port of entry.

Idaho State Police say at approximately 2:30 Thursday afternoon a long distance truck driver became suspicious about the circumstances involving the pick up of some packages he was hauling.

Police say the driver stopped at the port of entry and requested an I.S.P. officer inspect the truck.  The officer then requested the Boise Airport Police send a bomb sniffing dog to check the packages.  

Police say the dog alerted on the packages and the interstate was closed as a precaution.  "A good bomb dog can hit on a small firearm," said Col. Kevin Johnson with the Idaho State Police, "it could be nothing, it could be a package with residue in it. That's what we're still trying to determine."

Idaho State Police spokesman Rick Ohnsman says the freeway has been closed between mileposts 64 and 71.  Traffic is being diverted.

Several agencies have responded to the emergency. Ohnsman says early indications are the closure could continue for some time.

There's still no word on what the hazardous substance is. (Updated 9:35pm, Thursday)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks! Channel 2 had it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope they stopped something evil....

And if they do... high-fives to the driver!

- BG
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks! Channel 2 had it.

Yup, that's where I got it. Of course I had to break away from Concerned1's post to look that up, so you owe me

NMSight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top