Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:17:27 PM EDT
Story Here.

State Troopers chased someone down into our apartment complex, I was outside trying to get some pics and was told to go inside and stay away from the windows.

I am trying to get some pics, I will upload them here in a minute, I don't know if they found a bomb, they wouldn't give me a straight answer. The perp got away from the officers that had him stopped.

3 officers and the guy just up and runs and they didn't get him, this is shitty, I will update soon, the car containing the bomb is across the tennis court from my building.

UPDATE: Perp caught, the local news reported 2 pipe bombs found, so far there have been 2 3 5 loud explosions, I'm guessing the bomb Squad is detonating the bombs.

So far the only description of the perp is a 21 year old Male. He must have had quite a few bombs, the robot keeps going to the car and back to the spot where they are detonating the bombs.

The red car off to the right of the tree was the vehicle containing the bombs.

Pic snapped on my daughters TV, local news chick reporting live.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe the FBI was finally right.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was in the service we used to have a saying:

"If you ever see an explosive ordnance disposal guy running as fast as he can, you better start running as fast as YOU can after him!"

Maybe a good time to take in a late movie or something.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
in on 1
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
where do you live?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
where do you live?

Austintown.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
in on 1

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
in on 1

Probably this
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]
How much do you want to bet that it gets spun into  "Right wing extremist has pipe bombs"?  If the cause is anything else (terrorist, animal rights activist) this will never see the light of day in the MSM.

Maybe I'm just cynical...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in on 1

Probably this

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How much do you want to bet that it gets spun into  "Right wing extremist has pipe bombs"?  If the cause is anything else (terrorist, animal rights activist) this will never see the light of day in the MSM.

Maybe I'm just cynical...

Hopefully it won't, I'm scanning the local news channels and looking for the story at the local websites, nothing yet. Will update with a link as soon as it's up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll have to talk to my father...he's a firefighter in the area.

Will post up any scoop I can divulge whenever he gets back to me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
tag for news update.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting.  Blast chamber, or were they detonating them out in the open?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't read the part about it being your daughters room and had a total WTF moment.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They just lit another one off, I seen a flash through the trees, I'm hoping they're doing it in a container, but seeing a flash I'm guessing not.

So far the local news is reporting "pipe bombs" and they were pretty loud. They got the robot carrying them over to a cleared area. I tried getting a pic of the robot but no luck so far.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I didn't read the part about it being your daughters room and had a total WTF moment.

Thanks for the laugh.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got home here on the westside of Youngstown and this is the first I'm hearing of it. Thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Cool Pictures, `Bro!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#20]
AWESOME man cave OP.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Did you stand in the window with your AR in case things got out of hand?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, I'm sure that's your daughters room

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just lit another one off, I seen a flash through the trees, I'm hoping they're doing it in a container, but seeing a flash I'm guessing not.

So far the local news is reporting "pipe bombs" and they were pretty loud. They got the robot carrying them over to a cleared area. I tried getting a pic of the robot but no luck so far.

They are pretty loud.  

They're probably using another small ED to detonate them, which isn't going to make them any quieter.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
You know your ass has been assimilated into the ARFCOM Borg when the fucking bomb squad shows up at your apartment complex and, instead of getting as far the hell away from there as you possibly can, you decide to grab a camera and get closer so you'll have some good material for a thread in GD.

_MaH

ETA: This is why I fucking love ARFCOM.  A guy follows the rules and posts pictures about something amazing that just happened, and you all assholes start ripping him apart and giving him shit about his "man cave"
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#25]
thats not your daughter's tv.  you just outed yourself as a psychopath

ETA: on second thought the realization that only girls and psychopaths cover entire rooms in collages and trinkets gave me a profound insight into the women's psyche
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You know your ass has been assimilated into the ARFCOM Borg when the fucking bomb squad shows up at your apartment complex and, instead of getting as far the hell away from there as you possibly can, you decide to grab a camera and get closer so you'll have some good material for a thread in GD.

_MaH

ETA: This is why I fucking love ARFCOM.  A guy follows the rules and posts pictures about something amazing that just happened, and you all assholes start ripping him apart and giving him shit about his "man cave"

Its like watching a train wreck around here, as soon as the conductor thinks he runnin a good track, some fucker kicks a cow onto the rails.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#27]
IBTE.

In before the explosion.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh man, I took one little hit of this thread and I can't put it down!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

_MaH

Of course, but you know they did make me laugh....I needed a good laugh, I keep hearing "Fire in the hole!" followed by BOOM! so it is somewhat of a comic relief.  

ETA: They were not allowing anyone in or out of the complex, so there was nothing else to do except hunker down and try and get some good pics.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#30]
UPDATE: Perps vehicle was searched because LEO smelled Marijauna.

Pic of perp: Ralph Kistler, 20

Boring but cool video of Robot.

Robot Video

Got up early this morning and got some pics of where they were detonating the devices.

My daughter was terrified, the look on her face when they were yelling out "Fire in the hole!" leaves me speechless, I'm going to get her out of here for the weekend for some fun.

Every little noise she went running for cover, put her rear to the blast and covered her head, I'll never forget the look on her face.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Thats not from detonating, Thats from remote disassembly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#32]

So why do you let your daughter have a poster of an ??  
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So why do you let your daughter have a poster of an ??  

I've been a fan of Jr since 1998, she wanted the poster so I bought it for her, besides haven't you heard the news lately? We're ALL now.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top