Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#1]

This needs an Olympic-sized bump as a reminder:

GROZNY, Chechnya (CNN) -- Chechen President Akhmad Kadyrov and at least three others died in an explosion at a stadium in the Chechen capital, officials said.

Russia's presidential press service confirmed Kadyrov's death, and a spokesman for the Russian Interior Ministry said that another 44 people were wounded in Sunday's blast at Grozny's Dynamo stadium.

The stadium was crowded with people celebrating Victory Day, which marks the defeat of Nazi Germany in World War II.
The blast happened beneath the VIP stand where political and military leaders were reviewing a military parade commemorating Victory Day.

A spokesman for the Chechen Interior Ministry said that the bomb may have been buried in concrete as many as three months ago while the stadium was undergoing a renovation.

The blast comes a few weeks after Putin, in his annual state of the nation address, proclaimed the "military phase of the conflict may be considered closed" in Chechnya.
Chechen separatists have been fighting for independence from Russia since the mid-90s and are being credited in the Russian media for having carried out the attack..
Chechen rebels have in the past targeted official events and public gatherings for attacks.

"Chechen separatists"... "Chechen rebels"- hmm, I guess the word "Muslim" doesn't exist anymore?

Anywhere around the world, wherever there's bombs, carnage and innocent deaths - there's sure to be Muslims.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
"Religion of Peace"  

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"Religion of Peace"  

SGtar15

More like the "Religion of Pieces"
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Religion of Peace"  

SGtar15

More like the "Religion of Pieces"

Soon Rocky...very soon.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/05/09/grozy.blast/index.html

Dupe post !
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=242574

LOL... he's dead, he's not dead, he's dead.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/05/09/grozy.blast/index.html

Dupe post !
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=242574

LOL... he's dead, he's not dead, he's dead.

Yep, pretty much.
By the way, is he dead ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#9]
he's dead, he's not dead, he's dead. he's not dead, he's dead.
he's dead, he's not dead, he's dead. he's dead, he's dead, he's not dead, he's dead.

I never said he's dead, he's dead,  or he's not dead, he's dead.

Submitted by  Reporter John Kerry

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
he's dead, he's not dead, he's dead. he's dead, he's dead, he's not dead, he's dead.

On a side note; 60 minutes will be bringing back Point vs Counter-Point where John Kerry will agrue both sides of the issue.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Burying it in concrete during a renovation 3 months ago at least shows some foresight.  I don't support it at all, just an observation.

That's a nother big problem with the religion of peace -- they are REALLY patient when it comes to "vengence"
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Keep in mind this guy was appointed by the Kremlin and "affirmed" in a sham election.  If I were a Chechen I would want him dead, too. The word is "collaborator".

Chechnya already has an elected President, they don't need a Kremlin stooge.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#14]
they got one world leader who is next? Koffi? i have a bad feeling this is only the begining.

mike
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
they got one world leader who is next? Koffi? i have a bad feeling this is only the begining.

mike

I am so fucking ready for this!
I don't want it but if we're gonna dance lets FUCKING GET IT STARTED!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Keep in mind this guy was appointed by the Kremlin and "affirmed" in a sham election.  If I were a Chechen I would want him dead, too. The word is "collaborator". Chechnya already has an elected President, they don't need a Kremlin stooge.

Excellent point.

Here's an article you might find interesting:

"The BBC reported on March 8, 2000 that, according to veteran human rights activists in Russia, "Vladimir Putin is a dangerous authoritarian, handpicked by a cabal of Kremlin insiders, and levered into power by a breathtakingly ruthless plot. That plot allegedly began last summer with the apartment bombings in Moscow and other cities. The theory goes that Russian security forces were responsible for the terrorist campaign, which was immediately blamed on Chechen rebels. The violence enabled Mr. Putin — newly appointed as Prime Minister — to launch a military invasion of Chechnya, an action which turned him, virtually overnight, into Russia’s most popular politician."

This theory is supported by compelling evidence of FSB involvement in an abortive bombing in Ryazan, a city 100 miles southeast of Moscow. On September 22, 1999, days after four bombs had detonated at targets across Moscow, Ryazan residents reported that several suspicious-looking figures — all of them Russian, not Chechen — were loitering around a 13-story apartment building. After rushing to the scene, police found three large sugar sacks. A bomb squad officer found that the sacks actually contained hexagen, a powerful explosive also used in the Moscow bombs."

Rest of the article at:
www.thenewamerican.com/tna/2002/04-08-2002/vo18no07_putin.htm

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

mike

They tried killing the Pakistani President twice last year.

They tried killing the Bulgarian President two weeks ago.

A plot to kill GWBush and Tony Blair in Turkey was foiled just last week.

And yet so many STUPID fucking assholes on both the left and the right still dumbfuckingly think we aren't locked in World War III and that all we should do is vote for the Losertarian or Cuntstitution Party former-dog-catcher candidate and that will make a billion MoslemMaggots put down their IEDs, ricin and suitcase nukes and become our friends.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I said he was dead before I said he wasn't

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#19]
.....yup
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Federal Cartridge do group buys?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like Chechnya is along way from ending its troubles.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Rest of the article at:

I'm not ready to accept that Putin ordered the apartment bombings, after all Chechens have been able to obtain the latest, most sophisitcated Russian hardware before. But it's clear that he is becoming more of a Soviet-style dictator every day. Russia hasn't had a really democratic election yet. Yeltsin was an appointed Communist and Putin was appointed by Yeltsin (after going through like 3-4 Prime Ministers that year).

Of course, it seems that  Russians prefer a strong leader to a democratic one. Oh well, Russia our friend? Too good to be true.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#24]
The guy did have a cool hat.  

Wonder what happened to it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I feel safer around Putin than unknown terrorists.

Putin, may be authoritarian, but Russia needs that to rebuild itself faster.  You can't negotiate with the mafias or terrorists, you just kill them and forget about human rights and trials.  Would he be better off to flip flop every issue and try to appease every group thats warring for power?

Islamist terrorists storm a theater and take everyone hostage.  Putin makes sure they either die in the raid or are killed, then has them wrapped in pig skin and buried.  You won't see that happening in the "civilized" West where the SHTF over some POW pictures.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#26]
"Prominent Russian academic Boris Kagarlitsky contributed another critical piece of the puzzle when he published an essay in Novaya Gazeta claiming that "the bombings in Moscow and elsewhere were arranged by the GRU" — Russia’s notorious military intelligence service. According to Kagarlitsky, the bombs were planted by a GRU-controlled terrorist cell run by Shirvani Basayev, brother of the chief Chechen "warlord," Shamil Basayev. Some plot details were leaked through the June 6, 1999 edition of the Swedish daily newspaper Svenska Dagbladet, which reported that Kremlin insiders were considering "terror bombings in Moscow which would be blamed on the Chechens."

Washington and Moscow both maintain that Osama bin Laden assisted Shamil Basayev. However, it’s also clear that the Kremlin supports the Chechen separatist. In July 1999, according to Kagarlitsky, a meeting took place in France attended by Kremlin official Alexander Voloshin, GRU official Anton Surikov, and Shamil Basayev. This cabal reportedly choreographed a "crisis" in which Chechen troops would attack the province of Dagestan, and Russia would respond by invading Chechnya."

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#27]
You do have to admit this stuff never happened when Joe Steel was running the show in Russki land.That just shows you that all these ragheads understand is force. By the way,I am no fan of the greatest mass murder in history---Joseph Steel(Stalin).
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You do have to admit this stuff never happened when Joe Steel was running the show in Russki land.That just shows you that all these ragheads understand is force. By the way,I am no fan of the greatest mass murder in history---Joseph Steel(Stalin).

His real last name was Dzhugashvili. He was born the peasant son of a shoemaker.

Much of the planning for his reign of terror was actually done by Lenin.

By the way, Mao Zedong of China is responsible for more murders than Stalin and Lenin. Estimates of those murdered under Mao range as high as 65 million.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

By the way, Mao Zedong of China is responsible for more murders than Stalin and Lenin. Estimates of those murdered under Mao range as high as 65 million.

Twas a good start...
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#30]
 Good show-zapped a fat russian statist pig-MUCH better than the usual commie tent pegs.
 All the russkys gotta do is GO HOME-there oughta be a message there for ALL invaders[guess Afganistan didn't 'impress' them enough].
 Who cares what religion patriots/freedom fighters are when trying to get tyrants out of their homeland? More power to them whoever they are.
 Putin may be what the russkys deserve, but he's a bad influence on our votewhore peckerwoods-makes'em froggy for 'conquest' themselves.
 Anybody wanna bet how long 'our' quisling lasts in Iraq? Everybody loves to see a quisling/collaborator get it in the neck.
 BTW, certainly obvious why the russians are called 'pigs' so often-maybe we DO need 7.62 on occassion. Ghost
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
 Good show-zapped a fat russian statist pig-MUCH better than the usual commie tent pegs.
 All the russkys gotta do is GO HOME-there oughta be a message there for ALL invaders[guess Afganistan didn't 'impress' them enough].
 Who cares what religion patriots/freedom fighters are when trying to get tyrants out of their homeland? More power to them whoever they are.
 Putin may be what the russkys deserve, but he's a bad influence on our votewhore peckerwoods-makes'em froggy for 'conquest' themselves.
 Anybody wanna bet how long 'our' quisling lasts in Iraq? Everybody loves to see a quisling/collaborator get it in the neck.
 BTW, certainly obvious why the russians are called 'pigs' so often-maybe we DO need 7.62 on occassion. Ghost

Me like shinny stuff.  One day I saw yellow hampster he bumped a rap song by Snoop Dog.  I am authority of Sweedish Meatballs!  7.62 is like buttermilk.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#32]
fuckin' muslims.............

Lets get the pig blood filled daisy cutters going
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The guy did have a cool hat.  

Wonder what happened to it?

Sputnik II, you can see it in the southern sky from 9-11 pm EST
www.hackernetwork.com/flash/hatt.shtml
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

¿QUÉ?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top