Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:06:59 AM EDT
The same training class that I need to take this spring is offered in both cities so it is my choice which one I wish to attend. I can include one weekend for recreation with the trip. Which city should I choose?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Florida has a hell of a lot more freedom enmeshed in its laws than California.

Why fund the enemy?

BTW, if you pick Florida, write a letter to California letting them know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Boca.

The Keys are just a couple of hours down the road.  If you want to relax and oogle the pretty womenz, the Conch Republic is the place.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]
As an Ex-San Diegan I can say you'll find a lot to do in 1 San Diego weekend.
There's the,
San Diego Zoo
Sea World
Wild Animal Park
Old Town
Balboa Park & the musuems
Depending on time of year
The Beach
The Padres
Tijuana, Mexico
Not too far away
Disneyland
Knott's Berry Farm
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I would choose Florida. Why support a state that doesnt support your rights?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would choose Florida. Why support a state that doesnt support your rights?

Hear, hear.

Screw the commie state govt's.

And like was said, write 'em and let 'em know why.

That said , you SHOULD also be considering Upstate SC.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Boca all the way!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#7]
San Diego

You're too far away from anywhere to do anything (except golf and shuffleboard) if you're in Boca.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Come to The Gunshine State, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Boca Raton.  No question about it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Having spent ALOT of time in both on projects, How's this: Are you gonna carry? If not, pick San Diego for your class. The drivers aren't as old (they don't have heads in Boca, mark my words) and it's not humid. The women are HOT in San Diego. They women are OLD and DRIED UP in Boca. The women in Boca Raton are stuck up, rich bitches. The women in San Diego want to get laid. It's impossible to not have a good time in San Diego.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree that unless you really want to carry a concealed weapon San Diego is the best choice.

In San Diego you can drink beer with me at Sparky's.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Boca.

The Keys are just a couple of hours down the road.  If you want to relax and oogle the pretty womenz large homosexual male population, the Conch Republic is the place.

How long since you've been there?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Both places are very nice.  More relaxed in S.D.  

But Boca would get my vote due to its proximity to jewels such as Tootsie's Cabaret (north Miami) and the Booby Trap (Pompano).

And there's always plenty of scenery in South Beach.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Siemens EWSD?

Go with Boca.

BTDT...I like FL better.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Siemens EWSD?

Go with Boca.

BTDT...I like FL better.

Intellex certification.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The same training class that I need to take this spring is offered in both cities so it is my choice which one I wish to attend. I can include one weekend for recreation with the trip. Which city should I choose?

Less chance of getting rained on in Cali.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  Seems there has been a lot of rain in Cali lately.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not in San Diego.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#19]
San Diego, try to stay at the Omni. It's within staggering distance of the Gaslamp District.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's seasonal.  We probably have less than 30 days of rain a year down here.  Pretty much all year round you can count on somewhere between 65F and 85F.

If ARs and CCW are more important to you than all the other stuff, then go to Boca.  In every way except your firearms rights San Diego wins big.  Still makes it a pretty big loser on that count.

Incidentally San Diego county and our neighbor to the north Orange County (ie. our buffer zone against the LA loonies) are probably the most conservative coastal, populous counties in the state.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:49:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Since I don't hang out in bars or care whether the floozies are young or old, but do care if my Texas CCW is honored in other states it looks like Boca Raton is the winner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top