Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 9:17:19 PM EDT
I have been kinda of looking at boats to take out on Lake Erie next year but dont know what brands are good or not. I looking for a used cuddy cabin 20+ ft type boat for under 15K.Can you prescribe a boat for me.My friend is only into powerboats and I cannot afford a Donzi Daytona ZX like his ........................LOL
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at some of the older SeaRays.  My 24 foot Overnighter is a 1992, had 260 hours total on the engine, and was 11K.  Big boats don't get used as much as smaller ones.  That only works out to about 2 trips a year for the previous owner.

In your part of the country concentrate on those that has been in covered storage.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
eBay is actually a really good spot for doing research.  They have a ton of boats letting you see what is out there and what the going price is.

Link to eBay Cuddie Boats
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Get one with a sterndrive, not an outboard, and avoid salt water like the plague...two rules for care free boating lol.  

The first boat my dad and I had was a 21" regal with a 350 MercCruiser in it.  Went all the way up to a 32' Chris Craft with twin Mercs in it.  Never had a lick of trouble with the MercCruisers...not even the 27' Sportcraft I managed to put completely on the beach at Drum Point in Solomons, MD one night.    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top