Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2001 8:03:58 PM EDT
I'm pretty sure I've saw this come up here before, but why does'nt AR15.com have a forum for this?  I check it out on subguns all the time, and keep a list of people who are less than honest or flaky so that I don't get ripped off.  For the most part seller's and buyer's are pretty honest, but some people have been ripped off for big money lately or at least big money to me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Because some of the biggest offenders post here, and are sponsors.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
There are only 3 out of 11 on my current list that I [i]know[/i] for sure that post or have posted here.  I'm sure there are some out there I have'nt heard about yet though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Subguns.com does not use it's board for a profit generating site. They accept no pop up advertizing and are for informational purposes only.  This site accepts advertising from anyone who will pay and how would it look if it gave a zero rating to one of it's own sources of revenue. Just keep using the one on subguns.com and ask for references there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Subguns.com does not use it's board for a profit generating site. They accept no pop up advertizing and are for informational purposes only.  This site accepts advertising from anyone who will pay and how would it look if it gave a zero rating to one of it's own sources of revenue. Just keep using the one on subguns.com and ask for references there.
View Quote

Why would you accept advertising from someone who ripped off the people who make the site?  It's a matter of principle and honor to me, I guess most people these days don't look at it that way though.
Wilson thanks!  You had a couple there I did'nt know about, have added them to my list.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
WILSON, thanks for the list.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#7]
You can add Gunsmoke to that list. We ordered a Bushmaster factory upper. They sent us a used upper. Gunsmoke replaced the used upper with a "frankenbean" upper that they built from non Bushmaster parts and a Bushmaster barrel. We sent it to Bushmaster with the receipt and Bushmaster "fixed it". Kudos for Bushmaster and Gunsmoke sucks. Gunsmoke believes that anyone stupid enough to buy from them is stupid enough to rip off.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, here's my list these are from the Board of Inquiry that I've compiled.
Todd Bailey- Special Weapons LLC.
Bob Swanson- ASA
Stephen Bay- Ultimate Outdoors (GA)
Michael Peters- MRM
Dana Reed- Global Defense Systems
Uley Weigand- Interordance
KMA- Rguns
Dan Hoodenple
Tony Rizzo
Nick Menza

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Let's not forget this little turd:

[url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/inquiry.cgi?read=14844[/url]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
That board is better suited for such a forum and you just can't beat it.  I go there at least once a week.  I almost got burned on my last NFA deal and if I had just visited that board first, I would have been steered clear.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I think an official policy statement is in order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top