Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2001 4:19:55 PM EDT
Who has the best prices AND the best service??
Good prices mean nothing if you can't get the stuff.  Any opinions on gear that is better than Blackhawk???
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about prices or service, but if you're looking for gear that's better than Blackhawk, that's easy.

Eagle Industries
Tactical Tailor
Special Operations Equipment
London Bridge
Custom Tactical Creations
High Speed Gear Inc.
...and a few I've don't have on my mind at
this second.

This list is in no particular order.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen alot of Blackhawk bashing but real issues. Could someone please give specific deatils on whats wrong with Blackhawk? So we can know what not to look for in gear from other companies?

Thanks,
Clinth
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Before everyone goes off telling you where to buy how about telling us WHAT you are looking for specifically. I love Eagle all of my gear "tac vests, LBV harness, Rifle cases" are made by them. Although i dont care for their holsters but that is simply because i dont like fabric holsters.  [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
P.S. because no one else posted it [url]www.eagleindustries.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
d -

The BHI controversy has been around for a while.  People claim that BHI gear made in Korea or Mexico or wherever is all junk.  Nonsense.  I know Mike Noell and he's a straight shooter.  If anyone ever has a problem with BHI gear, they replace it.  A lot of the moaning you hear is from arm-chair "SHTF" types.  The general claim is that the stitching is not the best quality.  Well, I've never seen trouble like that.  Any quality control problems with the stitching were quickly ironed out long ago.  They use the same 1000 denier that the other guys use, so it's not really a material quality question.

Personally, I use gear from BHI and Eagle in the field (Eagle vest, BHI pouches, BHI pack).  And I'm not gentle on it.  I dive, shoot, climb, crawl or whatever with all of it.  Never have I (or anyone in my unit using it) experienced a failure.  I must admit, stick with Camelbak over Hydrastorm tho'.

There are several good vendors that post here.  My unit uses Brad West at Dakota Tactical ( [url]http://www.dakotatactical.com[/url] ) and have never had any troubles.  Dan (javahed) also is excellent.

Take care,

-SARguy
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Try [url]www.soegear.com[/url]

Blackhawk has gone down the tubes in quality, their gear is thin and prone to tear and fall apart.  SOE gear is designed like the proverbial tank.

Take it easy,
Ice
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#8]
[url]www.londonbridgetrading.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#9]
If you're looking for someone who can compare the different brands of tac gear, talk to Brad at [url]www.lightfighter.com[/url]. He's an active duty US Army Sapper, and he's used most of the stuff he sells. He's not shy about telling you what rocks and what sucks.

He also provides excellent service, and he's a member here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top