Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 8:45:49 PM EDT
Ok, so I have all my phone numbers loaded.

I guess Thunderbird won't sinc with the phone for emails, so I have to figure out how to move emails now to Outlook, then to the phone.

Got it sinc'd with the car.

What else?

These things are kinda a pain in the ass.

Help.

Thanks,
T
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Every time I open the browser it goes to this damn facebook thing.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you run the email set up option to get your mailboxes going?

Suggest getting blackberry app world from blackberry.com. Pick up opera mini for your browser which many seem to like much more than blackberry browser. Poke around crackberry.com for some good tips and apps for free.

Got mine a couple months ago and am really enjoying it. Took a bit to get used to using but it sure is handy.  

Posting from phone so sorry for no links.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They entered my email address at the store that is it.

Suggest getting blackberry app world from blackberry.com. Pick up opera mini for your browser which many seem to like much more than blackberry browser. Poke around crackberry.com for some good tips and apps for free.

World app already on the phone, I sent a link to myself for mini opera downloaded it, now what?

Got mine a couple months ago and am really enjoying it. Took a bit to get used to using but it sure is handy.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They entered my email address at the store that is it.

World app already on the phone, I sent a link to myself for mini opera downloaded it, now what?

Bump for the day and people more knowledgeable and not typing on their phone.

You should have a blackberry set up icon on your phone. If you don't see it you can go click your blckberry button til you get a pop up window  and show all icons is an option in there someplace, I will look it up in a min.

If you downloaded and installed opera you should now have an icon to use it that is a big red O. So can click on it for interwebz or set it to a side key for quicker starting.

Are you receiving emails after they typed in your email for you?  If not you can set up emails accts after running that BB setup.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:03:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's my tip....take it back and get an iPhone. Even my sister could get her email setup on it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here's my tip....take it back and get an iPhone. Even my sister could get her email setup on it.

Is there any thread that the IRobots won't try to IShit in?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:21:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there any thread that the IRobots won't try to IShit in?

IDon't know

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Every time I open the browser it goes to this damn facebook thing.

hit the bb key options . Cgange your home screen to what ever you want it to be.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#9]
download "beyond411". it's instant yellow pages, type in what you want to find, say Taco Bell, and it will instantly list all the Taco Bells within the area code you provide, along with address, phone numbers. then, you can copy and paste the address into a GPS program to get wherever. Super useful.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool apps
Berrybuzz
Berryweather
Qicklaunch
Quickpull
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top