Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2023 10:45:05 PM EDT
Spent Monday and Tuesday riding the Black Hills. I’d give it a 3 out of 5 stars. The scenery was nice and there were a lot of trails but there was a bunch of traffic on the trails. Mostly rental SxSs. So, slow going most of the time to the point I was starting to overheat in a few areas. Nice country but I probably won’t go back.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Heading for the St. Anthony sand dunes tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
We went a few years ago, heard it was an awesome place to ride.

lots of rigs, lots of people.

I would rather ride here in the west central mountains of Idaho, which is home.

(McCall area)
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You came at the wrong time OP

Late May-Early September is ridiculous around here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We went a few years ago, heard it was an awesome place to ride.

lots of rigs, lots of people.

I would rather ride here in the west central mountains of Idaho, which is home.

(McCall area)
View Quote

#metoo

The Idaho mountains are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You came at the wrong time OP

Late May-Early September is ridiculous around here.
View Quote

It was definitely crowded with tourists ( I guess I was technically one too). We had a wedding to go to in NDand hit the Black Hills on the way back.
The hunting in the area looked promising. We saw a bunch of deer.
Pretty country, just too many people.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#5]
We did stop to see Calamity Jane and Wild Bills grave sight. The town of Deadwood was very interesting.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
We spent a week in Rapid City last fall. Enjoyed all the sights. I'd go back. Spearfish Canyon was strikingly beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#7]
We drove our Jeep out there a few weeks ago. Beautiful area. Got there right before the major tourist season. I like how relaxed SD laws on ORVs even though we didn’t have ours out there this trip. You can ride a ORV right up to Mount Rushmore if you want to. Needles Highway is a must see. Neatest highway I’ve ever driven on. Sylvan lake is pretty. Spearfish Canyon Rd is beautiful too. Sturgis is extremely underwhelming. We drove through since we were in the area. Not impressed.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool pix man, its on the list to ride at some point.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I guess we should have warned you in your SD thread that the tourists can be thick.  But I did not realize that it had gotten that bad.  Other than oncoming traffic in narrows, I've always been able to drive as fast as I wanted.  Mind you, I'm a slow poke with a camera.  

I mostly stay down in the Southern Hills these days when I visit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I've always wanted to check it out. I'd have to rent a sxs as thats way too much of a trek for me to trailer from FL. My brother has been multiple times and always stops in if they are close.

You should be a switch on your fan. It's easy enough to tap into and stick it on a dash switch. I've done this on all of my non dirt bike toys with great success.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like fun.  Next Saturday agroup of us, I think about 6 are having a HondaSxS club meetup at a members cabin between Grayling and Gaylord, MI.  I have had ATVs and motorcycles for a long time but just got the sxs 3 weeks ago.  
Attachment Attached File

With a 40 mph top speed you would probably complain that I am one of the slow ones.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like fun.  Next Saturday agroup of us, I think about 6 are having a HondaSxS club meetup at a members cabin between Grayling and Gaylord, MI.  I have had ATVs and motorcycles for a long time but just got the sxs 3 weeks ago.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64775/20230613_135031_jpg-2868792.JPG

With a 40 mph top speed you would probably complain that I am one of the slow ones.

View Quote

Nah. Slow drivers don’t bother me. It’s the slow drivers who will let you ride behind them without pulling over.
Just basic trail etiquette stuff.
Top Top