Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 10:31:35 AM EDT
In the past two days three birds have flew right into my car while driving!

I have heard somewhere that birds lose their senses when something really bad is about to happen...not sure about this.

Yesterday evening I was driving down Md Rt2. Its about a 50 mile an hour triple lane street with many business around.

I am watching the road and all I see is a black thing hit my windshield and antenna!

I think, damn that was one un lucky crow.

Later that night I am diving down a large Hwy (695) and I hear a large THWACK BZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZ

I figure WTF is this!?

I pulled off and stopped

Two fucking small birds in the grill of my X! one of the wings of the poor little birds was stuck in the A/C fan and I guess that was where the bzzzz sound was coming from.

Maybe I should change my membername to "Computerguy_II"

What do you all think?  Could some cars/SUV's lights attract them or something? I did just replace the light bulbs to a better than stock Xenon bulb.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#1]
At least they were small.  I had a pigeon hit me as I went under an underpass.  Wow that was an impact.  I thought my dad's car's window was blown out.  Shit, he is going to kill me!  But it was intact and but feathers were stuck to the mirror.  That sucker was huge!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I negotiated a left turn into a state hi-way in WA state when I was stationed there a few years back. My buddy and I were going to the local watering hole to quench our Sailor's thirst. As I accelerated, this owl somehow hit my windshield and got his legs stuck under the wipers. His fucking eyes looked so HUGE that close to our faces and it happened so fast that my buddy and I screamed as we looked at each other. Yup, just like those funny screams in cars that people do in the movies.  We had a good laugh afterwards and never admitted to actually being startled by the owl.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have heard somewhere that birds lose their senses when something really bad is about to happen...not sure about this.
View Quote
It's true, [b]M4[/b]. It usually means that the bird is about to fly into something, which is generally bad for the bird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top